[OT] About Russia and Donald Trump
2021-07-17 13:37:45 UTC
The Guardian (yes, I know it's rather on the liberal side) published the following article a couple days ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/15/kremlin-papers-appear-to-show-putins-plot-to-put-trump-in-white-house

John Savard
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-17 19:16:39 UTC
The Guardian (yes, I know it's rather on the liberal side)
published the following article
You misspelled "propaganda."

But then, you would, being a properly programmed little sheep.

Lynn:

Alan Baker
2021-07-17 19:31:41 UTC
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Quadibloc
The Guardian (yes, I know it's rather on the liberal side)
published the following article
You misspelled "propaganda."
But then, you would, being a properly programmed little sheep.
Tell me:

Does absolutely everything negative published about Donald Trump have to
be propaganda in what passes for your mind?
pete...@gmail.com
2021-07-17 21:12:14 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Quadibloc
The Guardian (yes, I know it's rather on the liberal side)
published the following article
You misspelled "propaganda."
But then, you would, being a properly programmed little sheep.
Does absolutely everything negative published about Donald Trump have to
be propaganda in what passes for your mind?
Terry doesn't actually have much in the way of consistent positions. He just says
what he thinks will get a reaction, the attention of others being the only thing that
lets him know he's alive.

Pt
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-17 22:17:59 UTC
On Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 3:31:45 PM UTC-4, Alan Baker
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Quadibloc
The Guardian (yes, I know it's rather on the liberal side)
published the following article
You misspelled "propaganda."
But then, you would, being a properly programmed little
sheep.
Does absolutely everything negative published about Donald
Trump have to be propaganda in what passes for your mind?
Terry doesn't actually have much in the way of consistent
positions. He just says what he thinks will get a reaction, the
attention of others being the only thing that lets him know
he's alive.
There are plenty of negative things one can say about Trump. The
"news" media says none of them, preferring to make shit up that
will convince their ovine base to donate lots of money to them.
That's how party leadership got rich (aside from inheritance, of
course), and that's how they intend to stay rich.

And you *know* that's true.

Lynn:

Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-18 19:08:04 UTC
On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 12:31:41 -0700, Alan Baker
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Quadibloc
The Guardian (yes, I know it's rather on the liberal side)
published the following article
You misspelled "propaganda."
But then, you would, being a properly programmed little sheep.
Does absolutely everything negative published about Donald Trump
have to be propaganda in what passes for your mind?
First, it is not clear that /anything/ passes for his mind these
days.
Second, you are taking his bot-talk seriously. There is no point
in taking a bot -- any bot -- seriously.
He literally *can't* stop himself. Any more than you can.

Lynn:

Alan Baker
2021-07-18 19:29:08 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
Post by Quadibloc
The Guardian (yes, I know it's rather on the liberal side)
published the following article
You misspelled "propaganda."
But then, you would, being a properly programmed little sheep.
Does absolutely everything negative published about Donald Trump
have to be propaganda in what passes for your mind?
First, it is not clear that /anything/ passes for his mind these
days.
Second, you are taking his bot-talk seriously. There is no point
in taking a bot -- any bot -- seriously.
He literally *can't* stop himself. Any more than you can.
You really haven't heard of "irony", have you?

:-)

Quadibloc
2021-07-17 19:56:45 UTC
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
You misspelled "propaganda."
Back before Trump won the 2016 election, the mainstream news media
was telling us that Russia's propaganda activities weren't supporting
one side, but instead stirring up extreme attitudes on both sides to
destabilize American society.

So it is indeed possible these revelations are Russian disinformation.

After all, if Russia had compromising material on Trump, it wouldn't be
from his private visits to Russia long ago... it would be from their agent
Epstein, one would think.

John Savard
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-07-17 22:19:34 UTC
Post by Ninapenda Jibini
You misspelled "propaganda."
Back before Trump won the 2016 election, the mainstream news
media was telling us that Russia's propaganda activities weren't
supporting one side, but instead stirring up extreme attitudes
on both sides to destabilize American society.
So they were lying then, but are telling the truth now/
Post by Quadibloc
So it is indeed possible these revelations are Russian
disinformation.
Or, more likely, they're just fiction written by the "news" media
because there's advertising to sell, and whether or not it remotely
resembles facts is a) impossible to determine, and b) irrelevant.
Post by Quadibloc
After all, if Russia had compromising material on Trump, it
wouldn't be from his private visits to Russia long ago... it
would be from their agent Epstein, one would think.
You obviously believe that, too.

Lynn:

Andrew McDowell
2021-07-17 19:27:11 UTC
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/15/kremlin-papers-appear-to-show-putins-plot-to-put-trump-in-white-house
John Savard
The article seems to suggest that we should react against what it claims was Putin's wish for Trump to be President. I distrust both Putin's ability and his motivation. He has done enough things that I disagree with that I believe it is safer to disregard any suggestions from him, real or not, rather than either following them or reacting against them. I distrust gut reactions, for or against, in general, but I note that I came across a similar pattern of reasoning to the article recently: "He got his job only because the world’s most overrated general, James Mattis, could not stand him, had no respect for him, and would not recommend him. To me the fact that Mattis didn’t like him, just like Obama didn’t like him and actually fired Milley, was a good thing, not a bad thing. I often act counter to people's advice who I don’t respect." - this is from https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/statement-by-donald-j-trump-45th-president-of-the-united-states-of-america-07.15.21-04 Should this be taken to support the reasoning in the article?