Testing Posting
P***@invalid.org
2021-07-27 17:02:44 UTC
Testing
Quadibloc
2021-07-28 01:28:01 UTC
Pass
You just reminded me of an episode of The Beverly Hillbillies. About
Jed Clampett being encouraged to buy a yacht, as befits an individual
of his wealth...

Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Kevrob
2021-07-28 06:02:47 UTC
--
If interested, look up "Admiral Jed Clampett" on your favorite
video site.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0522427/

I would have suggested something smaller Jed could
use to go fishing. A bass boat on a lake might be more
like what he was used to in the Ozarks. He could take up
ocean fishing later on. That might not be funnier than
a yacht, though.

Of course, Jethro trying to be a "daredevil trick
water skier" a la Tommy Bartlett's show might
be amusing.
2021-07-29 00:49:34 UTC
If interested, look up "Admiral Jed Clampett" on your favorite
video site.
Amazingly, it is to be found on YouTube:

2021-07-29 00:40:49 UTC
Pass
You just reminded me of an episode of The Beverly Hillbillies. About
Jed Clampett being encouraged to buy a yacht, as befits an individual
of his wealth...
Did it sink?
Spoilers below:

No; Jed decided not to make a purchase.

But when he told those he thought were selling a yacht that he would
"Pass" on it... as it happens, the sailing uniform he had bought from
a Hollywood costume shop was that of an admiral in the U.S. Navy,
so the crew thought they had passed inspection.

2021-07-28 09:21:01 UTC
On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:28:01 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
Post by Quadibloc
Pass
You just reminded me of an episode of The Beverly Hillbillies. About
Jed Clampett being encouraged to buy a yacht, as befits an individual
of his wealth...
Then there were the uncles in Secondhand Lions . . .

(This is from the very end and if you haven't seen the movie it's a
little bit of a spoiler)

Lynn McGuire
2021-07-28 19:50:47 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
Pass
You just reminded me of an episode of The Beverly Hillbillies. About
Jed Clampett being encouraged to buy a yacht, as befits an individual
of his wealth...
Then there were the uncles in Secondhand Lions . . .
(This is from the very end and if you haven't seen the movie it's a
little bit of a spoiler)
http://youtu.be/Ck7JAUOVv_4
That movie is freaking awesome.