[Twelve by Tchaikovsky] The Scarab Path (Shadows of the Apt, book 5) by Adrian Tchaikovsky
2018-05-11 11:50:45 UTC
The Scarab Path (Shadows of the Apt, book 5) by Adrian Tchaikovsky

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/the-happy-wanderer
2018-05-11 14:02:13 UTC
The Scarab Path (Shadows of the Apt, book 5) by Adrian Tchaikovsky
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/the-happy-wanderer
Cheerwell “Che” Maker has a hypothesis. Perhaps Khanaphes’ Beetles are
Inapts, magical adepts blind to machinery. Cheerwell knows from bitter
experience that this is possible, because she is just such an Inapt
Beetle. Opening her mind to dangerous dark forces came at a cost: her
ability to comprehend even simple mechanical devices.

A trade-off makes this story more realistic to me. Because that's how it
works in my life. Competing desires are always prioritized to enable the
things that matter most to me to receive the attention that they deserve.

Don