Cats in Space and Other Places
2021-05-31 23:26:07 UTC
How have I managed to miss this? It was first published in 1992.

A lovely rich little collection of cat stories, half cats as we know
them and the other catlike ETs. The stories range from the very start
of the Golden Age right up to the year of publication and there isn't
a bad one in the lot. There's Cordwainer Smith in both sections. Two
Leibers. There's a Heinlein that I either have not read before or had
forgotten. I had read about half the book before. I _thought_ I had
read "Black Destroyer" but apparently I had either read an excerpt or
made a start at it and been interrupted--I remembered Coerl but not
the story. Pyanfar Chanur's there. And Lost C'Mell, and a Hrruban
brawn in a brainship. And the Kzin. Several of the stories appear to
have first been published in this collection.

Full list:
CATS
The Game of Rat and Dragon -- Cordwainer Smith
Mouse -- Fredric Brown
Ship of Shadows -- Fritz Leiber
Schroedingers Cat -- Ursula K. Le Guin
Tales of a Starship's Cat -- Judith R. Conly
Who's There -- Arthur C. Clarke
Bullhead -- David Drake
Ordeal in Space -- Robert A Heinlein
Space-Time for Springers -- Fritz Leiber
The Tail -- M.J. Engh
Well Worth the Money -- Jody Lynn Nye
ALIEN CATS
Chanur's Homecoming (Ch 12)-- C.J. Cherryh
Duty Calls -- Anne McCaffrey
Black Destroyer -- A.E. Van Vogt
The Pride -- Tod Hamilton and P.J. Beese
The Ballad of Lost C'Mell -- Cordwainer Smith
The Man Who Would Be Kzin -- Greg Bear and S.M. Stirling
Titus G
2021-06-01 03:46:18 UTC
How have I managed to miss this? It was first published in 1992.
A lovely rich little collection of cat stories, half cats as we know
them and the other catlike ETs.
snip
Post by J. Clarke
Mouse -- Fredric Brown
I don't usually remember short stories but I read some Fredric Brown
recently and think his "The Cat from Siam" is miles better than "Mouse"
which was pretty meh.