If you can't read or speak English you are not qualified to vote in the USA.
Add Reply
Kramhola Hairis
2018-10-28 10:11:43 UTC
Who can't do either and lives in the USA?

Democrats mostly.

Wolffan
2018-10-28 11:09:55 UTC
Post by Kramhola Hairis
Who can't do either and lives in the USA?
Democrats mostly.
Your trolling is wildly inaccurate.

1 The sample ballot I’m looking at right now is printed in English and
Spanish. The actual ballot I completed during early voting yesterday was also
printed in English and Spanish. It would appear that not being able to read
or speak English is NOT something which disqualifies a voter in at least one
state, and no this ain’t California or Texas. Furthermore, there is a
_reason_ why not being literate in English is not a disqualification.

2 Most local Hispanics were not merely Republican, they were loud Republican,
until quite recently. Since a certain person became Prez, there are
considerably fewer Republican Hispanics around here. A few are now Democrats.
Most are simply not planning on showing up to vote. They won’t vote Dem,
but they also won’t support the Trumpanzee, or anyone who does support him.
And every single local Republican running for statewide office or for
Congress made it very clear that they are Trumpites during the primaries.
Some running for county or muni office weren’t as blatant, but they also
didn’t distance themselves. I’m registered Republican; I’ve been
getting ‘please vote’ calls and emails on a daily basis since early
voting opened last week. I have voted. I suspect that the Trumpites who
hijacked my party will not like the way I voted. My district used to return a
large Republican majority; in the 2016 election, over 58% voted Republican.
Currently it’s at 53% Dem, and I expect the numbers to get worse for the
Trumpites, because the Dems _are_ showing up to vote in very large numbers
while lots of Republicans are staying home.

3 A lot of younger voters are turning up to vote, and they’re NOT voting
for Trumpites. Congrats. You Trumpites have destroyed the future of the
Republican party. As older voters die off, younger voters, turned off of the
party be the Trumpanzee, will dominate. I do hope that you’re happy. I know
that I’m not.
Robert Carnegie
2018-10-28 14:22:49 UTC
Post by Wolffan
Post by Kramhola Hairis
Who can't do either and lives in the USA?
Democrats mostly.
Your trolling is wildly inaccurate.
And untruthful. But, really, here? We're smart enough to
write our /own/ lies about politicians.
Post by Wolffan
[...]
I'd like to think that someone who represents as /this/ incompetent
a Republican is of the another party. But I've seen their President.
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-10-28 15:08:31 UTC
A post which for some reason didn't appear on my trn, just a pair
of empty parenthesis. Fortunately, Robert quoted it.
Whom I have just killfiled.
Post by Robert Carnegie
[deleted]
[...]
You have saved your soul.

Hal registered Republican back in the sixties, so that he could
have the pleasure of voting against Reagan both in the primaries
and in the general election. It didn't help much, but it made
him feel better.
Post by Robert Carnegie
My district used to return a
large Republican majority; in the 2016 election, over 58% voted Republican.
Currently it's at 53% Dem, and I expect the numbers to get worse for the
Trumpites, because the Dems _are_ showing up to vote in very large numbers
while lots of Republicans are staying home.
3 A lot of younger voters are turning up to vote, and they're NOT voting
for Trumpites. Congrats. You Trumpites have destroyed the future of the
Republican party. As older voters die off, younger voters, turned off of the
party by the Trumpanzee, will dominate. I do hope that you're happy. I know
that I'm not.
I'd like to think that someone who represents as /this/ incompetent
a Republican is of the another party. But I've seen their President.
I'm in California; specifically, in Vallejo, in Solano County
(northeast of San Francisco). I haven't gotten any "get out and
vote" phone calls, which is irrelevant, because I'm going to
anyway. There was a mailer from the DNC, because all four of the
family of voting age are registered Democratic, and dozens of mailers
from people running for the local city council and school board.

The latter made it impossible to distinguish between any of the
candidates; one would think they'd all been reading the same "how
to win in politics" pamphlets.
Wolffan
2018-10-28 16:41:44 UTC
A post which for some reason didn't appear on my trn, just a pair
of empty parenthesis. Fortunately, Robert quoted it.
Whom I have just killfiled.
don’t bother with just the one account. The post was from a faked address
using the dizum.com service. Every single post I have ever seen from
dizum.com has been posted by a troll. Currently there are several other
posts, from ‘Jack Fake’ and ‘Zombie Democrat’, among others, posted
from dizum.com and, I think, by the same person. I have my newsreader
(Hogwasher, on a Mac) set to flag all dizum.com posts in yellow. I may simply
have the Hog nuke all dizum.com posts and have done.

Note that most modern web browsers will throw a fit if you attempt to visit
dizum.com. This includes Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome. Apparently they
have a certificate problem. Gee. A troll haven with certification issues?
Whoever would have guess that?
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
[deleted]
[...]
I’m getting emails from the Republican candidates for Senator and Governor,
they still have a chance ‘cause they’re statewide. The candidate for
Congress has quietly folded his tents and walked away, he has no chance
whatsoever. He’s not even running ads on tv anymore. The county and muni
candidates are being pretty quiet, too. It’s always been the case that
there are more registered Dems than Republicans here, the problem
historically has been to get them to turn out to vote. They’re turning out.
Meanwhile, Republicans are NOT turning out. It ain’t a blue wave, it’s a
blue tsunami. Things were not helped when the candidates for governor had a
televised debate, and the Trumpite candidate looked like a racist goober
firmly in the pockets of the oil and insurance industries, further alienating
blacks, Hispanics, Jews, and everyone with a, ahem, ‘pre-existing
condition’. The Trumpite was hated by the teachers and civil service, which
is normal for a Republican candidate though the level of hate is not. He’s
also managed to get the police and firemen pissed at him, something quite
difficult for a Republican to achieve, _and_ a PAC has been running ads in
support of him suggesting all kinds of negative things will happen if Dewms
are elected. This is not going down well. No Trumpite candidate has said
anything about the ads, so it certainly looks as though they agree with them.
Recent events elsewhere are moving Jews here even further into the Dem camp
than they were before; they are less than impressed by the mad bomber and
even less impressed by the Trumpanzee saying that synagogues should have
armed guards to keep the crazy gunmen out. My local Catholic church normally
has two sheriff’s deputies out front on Sunday mornings, for traffic
control, mostly. Today there were six. A whole lot of Hispanics go to that
church. The sheriff’s a Republican and isn’t up for election this year,
but he _really_ doesn’t want an ‘incident’ here, he _really_ doesn’t.
I expect that there will be a bunch of deputies outside of local synagogues
starting next Saturday.
Ninapenda Jibini
2018-10-28 22:36:16 UTC
Post by Wolffan
Post by Kramhola Hairis
Who can't do either and lives in the USA?
Democrats mostly.
Your trolling is
Quite effective, since you swallowed the hook, even knowing it was a
hook.

Moron.

Ninapenda Jibini
2018-10-28 22:35:33 UTC
More tiny-penis retarded trolling, I see.

And, of course, all the regulars on their knees, sucking that penis
like their lives depended on it.
dc.politics,chi.general,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.a
rts.sf.written

benj
2018-11-04 00:34:05 UTC
Post by Kramhola Hairis
Who can't do either and lives in the USA?
Democrats mostly.
Democrats invented the literacy test for voting and then had to get rid
of it so they could vote.