132 Road Trip of the Living Dead by Mark Henry
2020-03-21 20:41:07 UTC
132 Road Trip of the Living Dead by Mark Henry

I haven't reviewed the first Amanda Feral book, _Happy Hour of the
Damned_, but if I had, I would have given it 5 stars, for the sheer
brauva of the characters, despite a bit of a meandering plot.

This book, the second in the series, gets 4 stars because while the
characterization of Amanda is still stellar, we've seen her before,
so the plot becomes more important -- and it's still picaresque and
meandering in this installment. The kraken and "shaman" incidents
are particularly blatent in this regard. I'd love to see Amanda,
um, sink her teeth into a really focused plotline next time.
David Johnston
2020-03-23 04:21:09 UTC
132 Road Trip of the Living Dead by Mark Henry
I haven't reviewed the first Amanda Feral book, _Happy Hour of the
Damned_, but if I had, I would have given it 5 stars, for the sheer
brauva of the characters, despite a bit of a meandering plot.
This book, the second in the series, gets 4 stars because while the
characterization of Amanda is still stellar, we've seen her before,
so the plot becomes more important -- and it's still picaresque and
meandering in this installment. The kraken and "shaman" incidents
are particularly blatent in this regard. I'd love to see Amanda,
um, sink her teeth into a really focused plotline next time.
A man who writes a book with a title like "Road Trip of the Living Dead"
is not someone you should expect plot-heavy from.
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2020-03-23 04:50:33 UTC
132 Road Trip of the Living Dead by Mark Henry
I haven't reviewed the first Amanda Feral book, _Happy Hour of the
Damned_, but if I had, I would have given it 5 stars, for the sheer
brauva of the characters, despite a bit of a meandering plot.
This book, the second in the series, gets 4 stars because while the
characterization of Amanda is still stellar, we've seen her before,
so the plot becomes more important -- and it's still picaresque and
meandering in this installment. The kraken and "shaman" incidents
are particularly blatent in this regard. I'd love to see Amanda,
um, sink her teeth into a really focused plotline next time.
A man who writes a book with a title like "Road Trip of the Living Dead"
is not someone you should expect plot-heavy from.
True, but _Happy Hour of the Danmned_ is still a very funny, fun book.
And has as many footnotes as classic Vance.

https://amzn.to/2J9cana

I see it isn't in e-book though.