Richard Adams' 100th anniversary, May 9th ("Watership Down")
l***@yahoo.com
2020-05-10 20:29:29 UTC

2020-05-11 14:14:57 UTC
(Kirkus review)
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7717.Richard_Adams
(reader reviews)
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-10788325
(Obit)
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/dec/27/richard-adams-obituary
(another)
From the topmost link:

Or maybe you were taken to the cinema to see the infamous
1978 film adaptation, which terrified an entire generation
so thoroughly that for the next one, millennials,
'Watership Down' became synonymous with peril.

The movie, and only the terrifying movie, was ever watched in my house.
There's a "Bunny Bush" that covers nine square yards of surface area on
the three sides of our street mailbox. It ranges in height from three
foot at the box to one foot further back.
Bunny Bush is a warren with a "front door" near the mailbox and a
backdoor in the one foot height section further away. It's an evergreen
nonconiferous shrub dense enough to keep predators at bay.
Yesterday we discovered two hand-sized kits, dead about ten yards
away from their warren. My wife surmises that they were probably playing
when they were attacked, most likely by a cat. (My cat Honey Bee, shown
in my sig, is an indoor cat who hates the outdoors.) Many bunnies have a
terrifyingly sad life, as do some people.
Please accept my apologies for dumping all of this on you. But
"grief shared is grief diminished."

Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``.
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
2020-05-11 17:53:56 UTC
Post by D B Davis
Post by l***@yahoo.com
https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2020/may/richard-adams-watership-down/
(one tribute)
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Richard-Adams
(bio)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Adams
https://www.fantasticfiction.com/a/richard-adams/
(book covers)
https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/richard-adams/watership-down/
(Kirkus review)
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7717.Richard_Adams
(reader reviews)
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-10788325
(Obit)
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/dec/27/richard-adams-obituary
(another)
Or maybe you were taken to the cinema to see the infamous
1978 film adaptation, which terrified an entire generation
so thoroughly that for the next one, millennials,
'Watership Down' became synonymous with peril.
The movie, and only the terrifying movie, was ever watched in my house.
Yes, I was surprised when I finally got it and watched it at how adult
it was.

<snippo grief>