Girl Genius 21 October 2019--Thank you SO much, Zeetha
Chrysi Cat
2019-10-22 01:20:14 UTC
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20191021#.Xa5YDehKhPY

I knew I didn't like that look on Lucrezia's face at the end of Friday's
page and I was furious with Zeetha for spilling the secret that Lucrezia
couldn't win a physical fight because she was using _Agatha's_ body
which lacked muscle memory.

I...I honestly think the bad guys are going to win and I'm also
wondering if we're near the end of the comic.
--
Chrysi Cat
Transgoddess, quick to anger.
2019-10-22 01:29:59 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20191021#.Xa5YDehKhPY
I knew I didn't like that look on Lucrezia's face at the end of Friday's
page and I was furious with Zeetha for spilling the secret that Lucrezia
couldn't win a physical fight because she was using _Agatha's_ body
which lacked muscle memory.
I...I honestly think the bad guys are going to win and I'm also
wondering if we're near the end of the comic.
Or did Lucrezia just teach the EFFING HETERODYNE how to become a
Queen? While said Heterodyne has Lucrezia trapped in her body?
Quadibloc
2019-10-22 10:20:34 UTC
Or did Lucrezia just teach the EFFING HETERODYNE how to become a
Queen? While said Heterodyne has Lucrezia trapped in her body?
Possibly the resolution will come even more quickly than that.

If only an embodied mind can become a Queen...

instead of Lucrezia becoming a Queen, perhaps what she has done is started the
process of making Agatha a Queen. One who will soon escape from her control.

Because Agatha is a mind with a body, and Lucrezia is only a disembodied mind
controlling someone with an embodied mind.

2019-10-22 11:04:11 UTC
Or did Lucrezia just teach the EFFING HETERODYNE how to become a
Queen? While said Heterodyne has Lucrezia trapped in her body?
Possibly the resolution will come even more quickly than that.
If only an embodied mind can become a Queen...
instead of Lucrezia becoming a Queen, perhaps what she has done is started the
process of making Agatha a Queen. One who will soon escape from her control.
Because Agatha is a mind with a body, and Lucrezia is only a disembodied mind
controlling someone with an embodied mind.
Evidently - I think? - Albia was attacked in the past
by a Queen Lucrezia. That /could/ be a different copy
of "Lucrezia", if the daughter of old Dr Mongfish
isn't the first version of what-Lucrezia-is. But I
think Albia's attacker is this Lucrezia by time travel...
but, wait: Albia recognised Lucrezia's face? Hmm.
Robert Woodward
2019-10-22 05:18:44 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20191021#.Xa5YDehKhPY
I knew I didn't like that look on Lucrezia's face at the end of Friday's
page and I was furious with Zeetha for spilling the secret that Lucrezia
couldn't win a physical fight because she was using _Agatha's_ body
which lacked muscle memory.
I...I honestly think the bad guys are going to win and I'm also
wondering if we're near the end of the comic.
It is just a cliff-hanger page. There have been many. The Perils of
Agatha will continue on Wednesday (unless there is a scene change, which
is entirely possible, now that I think about it) with a turnabout action
by somebody.
David Goldfarb
2019-10-22 05:58:48 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
I...I honestly think the bad guys are going to win and I'm also
wondering if we're near the end of the comic.
This is not the kind of story where the bad guys win.

The comic can't end until we see those time portals from the
other side: remember, with Gil dressed up like a White Lady,
and Moloch Von Zinzer. Who, last we heard from him, was stuck
inside Mechanicsburg. We don't seem to be particularly close
to that.

I will say that it's high time to get Lucrezia out of Agatha's
head once and for all -- we've had what, three times as long with
her _in_ Agatha's head as not? And high time to start paying off
some of the setup and answering some of those long-standing questions.
--
David Goldfarb |From the fortune cookie file:
***@gmail.com |
***@ocf.berkeley.edu |"Sell your ideas -- they are totally acceptable."
Carl Fink
2019-10-22 11:47:17 UTC
Post by David Goldfarb
I will say that it's high time to get Lucrezia out of Agatha's
head once and for all -- we've had what, three times as long with
her _in_ Agatha's head as not? And high time to start paying off
some of the setup and answering some of those long-standing questions.
At a con, Phil once told me their plan was to draw out GG until their kids
are out of high school. Breath holding not recommended.
--
Carl Fink ***@nitpicking.com

Read John Grant's book, Corrupted Science: http://a.co/9UsUoGu
Dedicated to ... Carl Fink!
Robert Carnegie
2019-10-22 21:27:16 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
Post by David Goldfarb
I will say that it's high time to get Lucrezia out of Agatha's
head once and for all -- we've had what, three times as long with
her _in_ Agatha's head as not? And high time to start paying off
some of the setup and answering some of those long-standing questions.
At a con, Phil once told me their plan was to draw out GG until their kids
are out of high school. Breath holding not recommended.
--
Well, (1) perhaps he wasn't absolutely serious about
/some/ kind of conclusion (after all Captain America
(I think that's one of the things they got called...)
Kevrob
2019-10-23 02:42:19 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
Post by David Goldfarb
I will say that it's high time to get Lucrezia out of Agatha's
head once and for all -- we've had what, three times as long with
her _in_ Agatha's head as not? And high time to start paying off
some of the setup and answering some of those long-standing questions.
At a con, Phil once told me their plan was to draw out GG until their kids
are out of high school. Breath holding not recommended.
--
Well, (1) perhaps he wasn't absolutely serious about
/some/ kind of conclusion (after all Captain America
outlived the Second World War pretty well),

Sure. That took at least 2 giant retcons by Stan&Jack and then
by Steve Engelhart, at the urging of editor Roy Thomas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America_(William_Burnside)

Other retcons are mentioned in the article.

"Captain America Comics" continued publication well past
V-E and V-J days. Cap & Bucky were also revived, briefly,
in 1953.

https://www.comics.org/series/237/covers/?page=2

https://www.comics.org/issue/10962/cover/4/

https://www.comics.org/series/1037/covers/?page=1

Kevin R
Freezer
2019-10-23 17:21:21 UTC
If I don't reply to this Chrysi Cat post, the terroists win.
Post by Chrysi Cat
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20191021#.Xa5YDehKhPY
I knew I didn't like that look on Lucrezia's face at the end of
Friday's page and I was furious with Zeetha for spilling the secret
that Lucrezia couldn't win a physical fight because she was using
_Agatha's_ body which lacked muscle memory.
I...I honestly think the bad guys are going to win and I'm also
wondering if we're near the end of the comic.
Son Goku would've been proud of Zeetha there.
--
My name is Freezer and my anti-drug is porn.
http://freezer818.livejournal.com/
http://mst3kfreezer.livejournal.com/
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2019-10-27 21:39:38 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20191021#.Xa5YDehKhPY
I knew I didn't like that look on Lucrezia's face at the end of
Friday's page and I was furious with Zeetha for spilling the secret
that Lucrezia couldn't win a physical fight because she was using
_Agatha's_ body which lacked muscle memory.
I...I honestly think the bad guys are going to win and I'm also
wondering if we're near the end of the comic.
Son Goku would've been proud of Zeetha there.
Vegita also often tells his enemies how to get stronger.
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
Chrysi Cat
2019-10-28 10:32:15 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20191021#.Xa5YDehKhPY
I knew I didn't like that look on Lucrezia's face at the end of
Friday's page and I was furious with Zeetha for spilling the secret
that Lucrezia couldn't win a physical fight because she was using
_Agatha's_ body which lacked muscle memory.
I...I honestly think the bad guys are going to win and I'm also
wondering if we're near the end of the comic.
Son Goku would've been proud of Zeetha there.
    Vegita also often tells his enemies how to get stronger.
Well, yes, but with them, it's a matter of honour that prevents them
from even accepting that a battle has been fought unless all combatants
were in absolute peak condition (which of course the Kai of the
afterlife planet kind of despises Goku for after the Cell Games).

With Zeetha, it appears to be a psychological compulsion to gloat over
her defeated opponent--which unfortunately she indulged BEFORE said
opponent was fully defeated. I'm also at a loss to explain its origin,
since as far as I can recall, neither her father nor her twin brother
exhibits _that_ particular failing, and I'm hoping her mother didn't
either (because if she did, Gil is still _at risk_ for developing it!)