Help me ID this... old Usenet discussion
Michael Grosberg
2021-09-06 11:13:13 UTC
I was skimming facebook and ran into a meme about stupid online discussions, and my mind brought up a vague memory of a recurring topic of discussion that I *think* I used to see on RASFW or a related group back in the 90's. It had something to do with one of Piers' Anthony's book series and they discussion was about either defining, or categorizing, what are games as opposed to... something else.

So... any of the group veteran know what I'm talking about? what was the discussion and what were games contrasted with?
Robert Woodward
2021-09-06 17:20:56 UTC
Post by Michael Grosberg
I was skimming facebook and ran into a meme about stupid online discussions,
and my mind brought up a vague memory of a recurring topic of discussion that
I *think* I used to see on RASFW or a related group back in the 90's. It had
something to do with one of Piers' Anthony's book series and they discussion
was about either defining, or categorizing, what are games as opposed to...
something else.
So... any of the group veteran know what I'm talking about? what was the
discussion and what were games contrasted with?
Well, if it is games, Piers Anthony's _Split Infinity_ and sequels come
to mind.
2021-09-06 21:07:45 UTC
--
Did Michael G find this?

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.sf.written/c/mhLfT-GkJ-4/m/1Nlm-yayKlgJ
David Duffy
2021-09-07 07:43:19 UTC
Post by Michael Grosberg
series and they discussion was about either defining, or categorizing,
what are games as opposed to... something else.
It wasn't Bernard Suits _The Grasshopper_? ;)