“Wuhan-400 Coronavirus – 1981 Novel Predicts Virus Origin”
2020-02-12 03:16:19 UTC
“Wuhan-400 Coronavirus – 1981 Novel Predicts Virus Origin”

https://greatgameindia.com/wuhan-400-coronavirus-1981-novel-predicts-virus-origin/

“In a bizarre coincidence, a 1981 fictional novel The Eyes of Darkness
by Dean Koontz predicts a Coronavirus like outbreak and its origin. The
book talks about how the virus called Wuhan-400, was developed in
military labs around the Chinese city of Wuhan from where it got its
name. The top secret information of the Biological weapons Program is
later acquired by US intelligence from a Chinese defector. The American
military is ultimately successful in creating a vaccine which the
Chinese could not.”
https://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Darkness-Thriller-Dean-Koontz/dp/0425224864/

2020-02-12 09:50:25 UTC
“Wuhan-400 Coronavirus – 1981 Novel Predicts Virus Origin”
https://greatgameindia.com/wuhan-400-coronavirus-1981-novel-predicts-virus-origin/
“In a bizarre coincidence, a 1981 fictional novel The Eyes of Darkness
by Dean Koontz predicts a Coronavirus like outbreak and its origin. The
book talks about how the virus called Wuhan-400, was developed in
military labs around the Chinese city of Wuhan from where it got its
name. The top secret information of the Biological weapons Program is
later acquired by US intelligence from a Chinese defector. The American
military is ultimately successful in creating a vaccine which the
Chinese could not.”
https://www.amazon.com/Eyes-Darkness-Thriller-Dean-Koontz/dp/0425224864/
Lynn
Setting aside the incorrect details, technically
what the Dean predicted is that Wuhan is in China.
Admittedly this came as a surprise to me - not that
I thought it was anywhere else - so I'll give him
that.
D B Davis
2020-02-12 18:14:00 UTC
[...]
Robert, this narrative probably suits you better:

"The Wuhan Virus Is Not a Lab-Made Bioweapon" (Justin Ling)
Conspiracy theories are spreading faster than the coronavirus itself.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/29/coronavirus-china-lab-mortality-virology-wuhan-virus-not-bioweapon/

Ling demonizes _Great Game India_ and _ZeroHedge_ as "conspiracy sites,"
seemingly inferior to the oligarchy's own Mephistophelean mass media
"Russian conspiracy sites." ...

Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``.
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
Because they are.
D B Davis
2020-02-12 19:26:56 UTC
Post by D B Davis
[...]
Prove it.

Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``.
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
2020-02-12 19:36:02 UTC
Post by D B Davis
Post by Robert Carnegie
Setting aside the incorrect details, technically
what the Dean predicted is that Wuhan is in China.
Admittedly this came as a surprise to me - not that
I thought it was anywhere else - so I'll give him
that.
"The Wuhan Virus Is Not a Lab-Made Bioweapon" (Justin Ling)
Conspiracy theories are spreading faster than the coronavirus itself.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/29/coronavirus-china-lab-mortality-virology-wuhan-virus-not-bioweapon/
Ling demonizes _Great Game India_ and _ZeroHedge_ as "conspiracy sites,"
seemingly inferior to the oligarchy's own Mephistophelean mass media
"Russian conspiracy sites." ...
Dean Koontz, then, "correctly predicted" that there is a Chinese virology lab
near Wuhan suspected of involvement in biological weapons research.

So maybe it knew all about that cave of bats that was recently discovered in the
area...

While this could all be a coincidence, I can now see why people might entertain
this kind of suspicion.

The virology lab has been there since 1956.
Quadibloc
2020-02-12 23:06:31 UTC
Dean Koontz, then, "correctly predicted" that there is a Chinese virology lab
near Wuhan suspected of involvement in biological weapons research.
The virology lab has been there since 1956.
I'm sure that Wuhan has been in China even longer.

John Savard
Juho Julkunen
2020-02-13 01:48:00 UTC
Dean Koontz, then, "correctly predicted" that there is a Chinese virology lab
near Wuhan suspected of involvement in biological weapons research.
The virology lab has been there since 1956.
I'm sure that Wuhan has been in China even longer.
It has, by almost three decades.
Juho Julkunen
Quadibloc
2020-02-13 03:21:07 UTC
Post by Juho Julkunen
Dean Koontz, then, "correctly predicted" that there is a Chinese virology lab
near Wuhan suspected of involvement in biological weapons research.
The virology lab has been there since 1956.
I'm sure that Wuhan has been in China even longer.
It has, by almost three decades.
What, decades, not millenia?

In any case, if my reply seems enigmatic, it was because it referenced Robert Carnegie's statment:

"Setting aside the incorrect details, technically
what the Dean predicted is that Wuhan is in China.
Admittedly this came as a surprise to me - not that
I thought it was anywhere else - so I'll give him
that."

If he can say that Dean Koontz "predicted" that Wuhan is in China, then I can
say that he "correctly predicted" that there was a virology lab near it, even though the lab, in 1956, predated the novel in 1981.

2020-02-13 04:19:50 UTC
Post by Juho Julkunen
Dean Koontz, then, "correctly predicted" that there is a Chinese virology lab
near Wuhan suspected of involvement in biological weapons research.
The virology lab has been there since 1956.
I'm sure that Wuhan has been in China even longer.
It has, by almost three decades.
What, decades, not millenia?
How long have Buda and Pest been in Hungary, and how
long has Budapest been? Same difference.

[snip]

2020-02-13 04:31:30 UTC
Post by Juho Julkunen
Dean Koontz, then, "correctly predicted" that there is a Chinese virology lab
near Wuhan suspected of involvement in biological weapons research.
The virology lab has been there since 1956.
I'm sure that Wuhan has been in China even longer.
It has, by almost three decades.
What, decades, not millenia?
"Setting aside the incorrect details, technically
what the Dean predicted is that Wuhan is in China.
Admittedly this came as a surprise to me - not that
I thought it was anywhere else - so I'll give him
that."
If he can say that Dean Koontz "predicted" that Wuhan is in China, then I can
say that he "correctly predicted" that there was a virology lab near it, even though the lab, in 1956, predated the novel in 1981.
John Savard
When children, we were led to believe that if we dug a hole deep enough,
we would end up in China. I predict that Quadi will shortly be in Wuhan.
Quadibloc
2020-02-13 06:45:10 UTC
Post by Titus G
Post by Quadibloc
If he can say that Dean Koontz "predicted" that Wuhan is in China, then I can
say that he "correctly predicted" that there was a virology lab near it, even though the lab, in 1956, predated the novel in 1981.
When children, we were led to believe that if we dug a hole deep enough,
we would end up in China. I predict that Quadi will shortly be in Wuhan.
Odd, I thought I was explaining what was my obvious sarcasm all along, so to
claim I am contradicting myself, backtracking, and otherwise digging myself into
a deep hole seems strange.

If that is so, then I misunderstood. Sorry.
k***@outlook.com
2020-02-13 14:56:58 UTC
One reason to _not_ think it is a bioweapon is that they must be controlled to be a weapon. Of course it is possible that a politician could be so explicative stupid that he demands total incompetence of his scientists, but that is not the way to bet.
D B Davis
2020-02-13 16:22:40 UTC
Post by k***@outlook.com
One reason to _not_ think it is a bioweapon is that they must be controlled
to be a weapon. Of course it is possible that a politician could be so
explicative stupid that he demands total incompetence of his scientists, but
that is not the way to bet.
_Harvard to the Big House_ offers up an interesting alternative
(alt right?) narrative:

Given the ... facts, either:

- A coronavirus spontaneously mutated and jumped to humans
at a wet market or deep in some random bat cave which just
so happened to be 20 miles from China's only BSL-4 virology
lab, a virus with an unusually slippery never-before-seen
genome that's evading zoological classification, and whose
spike-protein region which allows it to enter host cells
appears most like a bio-engineered commercial product, that
somehow managed to infect its first three and roughly
one-third of its initial victims despite them not being
connected to this market, and then be so fined-tuned to
humans that it's gone on to create the single greatest
public health crisis in Chinese history with approaching
100 million citizens locked-down or quarantined - also
causing Mongolia to close its border with its largest
trading partner for the first time in modern history.

- Or, Chinese scientists failed to follow correct
sanitation protocols possibly while in a rush during
their boisterous holiday season, something that had
been anticipated since the opening of the BSL-4 lab and
has happened at least four times previously, and
accidentally released this bio-engineered Wuhan Strain -
likely created by scientists researching immunotherapy
regimes against bat coronaviruses, who've already
demonstrated the ability to perform every step necessary
to bio-engineer the Wuhan Strain 2019-nCov - into their
population, and now the world. As would be expected, this
virus appears to have been bio-engineered at the
spike-protein genes which was already done at UNC to
make an extraordinarily virulent coronavirus. Chinese
efforts to stop the full story about what's going on
are because they want the scales to be even since they're
now facing a severe pandemic and depopulation event. No
facts point against this conclusion. [1]

Note.

[1] https://harvardtothebighouse.com/2020/01/31/logistical-and-technical-analysis-of-the-origins-of-the-wuhan-coronavirus-2019-ncov/

ObSF:

_Outbreak_ (Cook)

Murder and mystery reach epidemic proportions when a
devastating plague sweeps the country.

Dr. Marissa Blumenthal of the Atlanta Centers for
Disease Control investigates--and soon uncovers the
medical world's deadliest secret.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/259538.Outbreak

Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``.
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
2020-02-13 18:36:46 UTC
Post by k***@outlook.com
One reason to _not_ think it is a bioweapon is that they must be controlled to be a weapon. Of course it is possible that a politician could be so explicative stupid that he demands total incompetence of his scientists, but that is not the way to bet.
Or total ideological conformity, which is known to happen under
Communism, and which can have the same effect as requiring stupidity.

(Subject altered so it will post)
2020-02-13 19:52:49 UTC
Post by k***@outlook.com
One reason to _not_ think it is a bioweapon is that they must be controlled to be a weapon. Of course it is possible that a politician could be so explicative stupid that he demands total incompetence of his scientists, but that is not the way to bet.
If it is a bioweapon, targeted or not, then the leadership of China and
VIPs have already been vaccinated.

2020-02-14 00:44:37 UTC
Post by k***@outlook.com
One reason to _not_ think it is a bioweapon is that they must be controlled to be a weapon. Of course it is possible that a politician could be so explicative stupid that he demands total incompetence of his scientists, but that is not the way to bet.
If it is a bioweapon, targeted or not, then the leadership of China and
VIPs have already been vaccinated.
Lynn
This should be right up you alley:

https://harvardtothebighouse.com/2020/01/31/logistical-and-technical-analysis-of-the-origins-of-the-wuhan-coronavirus-2019-ncov/

TL,DNR: The virus was engineered, for research purposes, in China, and
accidentally released.

Pt

p***@gmail.com
2020-02-13 20:53:11 UTC
The probability is that the Wuhan virus is not engineered.
It has a pedigree and is quite closely similar to several
other viruses that form quite a branching tree. It has an
ancestral virus that is found in bats, and is a reasonably
close relative of SARS and MERS.

There are also related viruses found in civets. Indeed, the
proposed path between bats and humans is through civets.

The major change in the current virus seems to be the coating
is slightly more robust. It means it can survive a bit longer
outside a host, possibly in smaller droplets of liquid, and
possibly on surfaces with less liquid. There have been reports,
so far not confirmed, that it can survive on cloth or tissue
for several days. So it could be alive on surfaces such as
wall paper, carpets, furniture, etc., and able to infect some
unwary person who walked by and disturbed the particles into
floating in the air.

Also, it can apparently infect through the eyes or nose as well
as the mouth. So you want to be washing your hands quite carefully
before touching any part of your face. And hand santizer should
be on your shopping list.

Keep in mind the relatively short generation time of an active
virus, and the very large number of individuals. It has lots
of chances to mutate, and the mutations have lots of chances
to find a potential host.