[orbit] Orbit 7 edited by Damon Knight
2021-09-07 13:12:19 UTC
Orbit 7 edited by Damon Knight

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/young-hearts-run-free
Tony Nance
2021-09-07 14:03:28 UTC
Orbit 7 edited by Damon Knight
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/young-hearts-run-free
Great to learn that there is a new best-of-Lafferty collection out.
I have two of his collections[1], but I find them uneven/inconsistent.
Not only do I see this best-of volume has ~11 stories not in either
of those two, but the ones it does include are primarily the "better"
ones (thus instilling confidence in the other 11). I may have to check
this out.

Oh - and the Kowal thread you linked to was...fun? a hoot? Interesting?
I don't know, but I'm glad I skimmed it. Thanks.
- Tony
[1] Nine Hundred Grandmothers and Strange Doings
Quadibloc
2021-09-07 16:34:16 UTC
Orbit 7 edited by Damon Knight
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/young-hearts-run-free
I'll certainly have to agree that exterminating the sixty percent of the
population immune to an immortality treatment is gratuitously evil.

Even if, for some reason, it was desired to rid the world of mere mortals,
surely a plague that merely sterilized them would do the job without
killing anyone! (So, _even if_ somehow their goal could be justified, which
of course is highly unlikely, what they're doing is evil.)