North Pole, South Pole
The Starmaker
2019-10-17 06:33:24 UTC
If you don't know...
the North Pole suface is flat..
so is the other pole..

But, where can I find a picture of what the North or South Pole looks like?

I mean, has somebody went over there with a camera, and look at the ground and took a picture of it?

You know, a picture of where the exact location of the North Pole look like.

I just want to see a picture of it...

please, without the snow on it.
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
benj
2019-10-17 07:48:03 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
If you don't know...
the North Pole suface is flat..
so is the other pole..
But, where can I find a picture of what the North or South Pole looks like?
I mean, has somebody went over there with a camera, and look at the ground and took a picture of it?
You know, a picture of where the exact location of the North Pole look like.
I just want to see a picture of it...
please, without the snow on it.
Can't be done, starfaker, because the North pole has been Ice free for
years now from climate change and there is only water to be seen.
Timothy Bruening
Even in winter?
Sergio
2019-10-17 19:16:01 UTC
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
If you don't know...
the North Pole suface is flat..
so is the other pole..
But, where can I find a picture of what the North or South Pole looks like?
I mean, has somebody went over there with a camera, and look at the
ground and took a picture of it?
You know, a picture of where the exact location of the North Pole look like.
I just want to see a picture of it...
please, without the snow on it.
Can't be done, starfaker, because the North pole has been Ice free for
years now from climate change and there is only water to be seen.
that is true, all water now, but with the Earth spinning right to left,
there are circular type waves up there, surfers can go in circles
%
wait until the ice splits the pole and the whole place becomes bi polar
Chris M. Thomasson
2019-10-17 20:06:51 UTC
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
If you don't know...
the North Pole suface is flat..
so is the other pole..
But, where can I find a picture of what the North or South Pole looks like?
I mean, has somebody went over there with a camera, and look at the
ground and took a picture of it?
You know, a picture of where the exact location of the North Pole look like.
I just want to see a picture of it...
please, without the snow on it.
Can't be done, starfaker, because the North pole has been Ice free for
years now from climate change and there is only water to be seen.
that is true, all water now, but with the Earth spinning right to left,
there are circular type waves up there, surfers can go in circles
wait until the ice splits the pole and the whole place becomes bi polar
lol. A riddle...

Start at point A.

Move one unit south.

Move one unit east.

Move one unit north.

You are back at point A.

Where is point A? ;^)
%
how long is one unit
Chris M. Thomasson
Say, one mile...
%
ok , one mile , hows that did i say it right
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-10-17 20:32:56 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
Either pole.

Now, if you had added, "You see a bear nearby. What color is
it?"

You'd know the answer is "white."
%
there's no bears at the south pole
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-10-17 21:38:29 UTC
Post by %
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
That's right. So if you see a bear at all, you're in the North
and it's a polar bear.
danny burstein
2019-10-17 21:58:32 UTC
That's right. So if you see a bear at all, you're in the North
and it's a polar bear.
and if you see a penguin, you're either in the South
or in Gotham City.
***@panix.com
%
or you got happy feet
Chris M. Thomasson
2019-10-17 21:16:35 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
Touche! Nice one. For the south pole, it would be penguins? However, wrt
the color of the bear, well, that works nicely. Thanks. ;^)
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-10-17 21:41:22 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
I don't think you'd find penguins at the South Pole--- too far
from the water. They eat fish.

And even if all the ice melted, it'd still be too far from the
water.

http://www.robswebstek.com/2012/03/antarctica-without-ice-sheet.html
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
However, wrt
the color of the bear, well, that works nicely. Thanks. ;^)
You're welcome. It's an old one; I've known it since I was a
kid.
Chris M. Thomasson
2019-10-17 22:14:17 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
Thanks again Dorothy. :^)
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
2019-10-19 14:52:10 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Start at point A.
Move one unit south.
^^^^^^^^^^
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Move one unit east.
Move one unit north.
You are back at point A.
Where is point A? ;^)
Either pole.
No, because you cannot move one unit south when you are already at the South
Pole :)

ObPhysics: Your answer is *currently* *approximately* correct if you meant
*magnetic* poles, because the directions are designed after the geographic
poles, although the compass is based on the terrestrial magnetic field.
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Now, if you had added, "You see a bear nearby. What color is
it?"
You'd know the answer is "white."
Yes, because there are no polar bears in Antarctica :)

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_bear>

F’up2 sci.physics
--
PointedEars
FAQ: <http://PointedEars.de/faq> | <http://PointedEars.de/es-matrix>
Twitter: @PointedEars2 | Please do not cc me./Bitte keine Kopien per E-Mail.
Daniel60
2019-10-20 12:41:04 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
How do you go 'one unit south' of the South Pole?? Or would you be 'one
unit' above the South Pole?
Daniel
h***@gmail.com
it'd be best to start a bit further north so that going a unit east takes you back to where you started going east.
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-10-20 13:55:02 UTC
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
No, you don't go "one unit south of the South Pole." You go one
unit south, east, north, west (or some other combination) of
where you started. And if it's the South Pole, you probably
don't see anything different even if you miss where you started
through inaccuracy ... unless you marked it to start with.
p***@hotmail.com
2019-10-21 07:48:48 UTC
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
You wouldn't have to; every year the crew at the Amundsen-Scott South Pole
Station locates the geographic pole and places a new marker there. The ice
sheet moves about ten meters per year. The previous year's marker is retired
to a display case at the station:

https://www.canadiangeographic.ca/article/ceremonial-pole-markers-antarctic-tradition

The station is currently about 300 meters from the geographic pole.

Peter Wezeman
anti-social Darwinist
Daniel60
2019-10-27 13:02:33 UTC
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
But How do you go 'one unit south' of the South Pole??

There is nowhere further South than the South Pole!!
Daniel
Robert Woodward
2019-10-27 16:59:50 UTC
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
[...]
Ah, what happens is you start just over 1 unit north of the South Pole.
Then you go south 1 unit, 1 unit east does a complete circumference
(actually, it could do more than one) of the pole and then 1 unit north
brings you back to your starting point.
Sergio
2019-10-27 17:24:09 UTC
Post by Robert Woodward
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
[...]
if you put a pole there, you could go up the pole one unit.

from one unit north of the south pole, go south one unit to the pole, go
up the pole one unit (not north, not east, not west)

if you jump off the pole, you'll get it all screwed up.
Titus G
Do people jump off the pole when they see the bear?
Robert Carnegie
2019-10-28 00:10:02 UTC
Post by Titus G
Post by Sergio
Post by Robert Woodward
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
[...]
"Hold on for dear life" seems worth trying.

According to various references, black bears are
appallingly good at climbing trees, grizzly bears
not so much, smaller bears will have a go, some
small bears will make use of a balloon, and if we're
at the South Pole then who the heck knows.

You could mime licking the pole with pleasure, of course
not actually touching it with your tongue. Mention how
delicious the honey tastes. It won't take long for the
bear to try licking the pole itself, and freezing its
tongue onto it.

Next you have to deal with the bees...
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-10-28 00:34:27 UTC
According to various references, black bears are
appallingly good at climbing trees, ....
Particularly when they have unwittingly wandered into the
territory of a particularly territorial cat.

However, the bear was able to get down out of the tree by
himself; nobody had to call the firemen.
2019-10-28 04:24:41 UTC
http://youtu.be/63Ne_4Tgyag
However, the bear was able to get down out of the tree by
himself; nobody had to call the firemen.
The cat can get down too, but they want to be drama queens about it. I
remember Tigger the Obnoxious Tomcat, in his youth, climbing a good 80
feet up a pine tree. I decided that I'd have some breakfast and feed
the other cats before I figured out what I was going to do about him
(the fire department wasn't really an option--I'd have to build them a
road first). Well, about five minutes after the can opener sounded,
there was Tigger.
Paul S Person
2019-10-28 16:25:28 UTC
On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 00:24:41 -0400, J. Clarke
According to various references, black bears are
appallingly good at climbing trees, ....
Particularly when they have unwittingly wandered into the
territory of a particularly territorial cat.
http://youtu.be/63Ne_4Tgyag
However, the bear was able to get down out of the tree by
himself; nobody had to call the firemen.
The cat can get down too, but they want to be drama queens about it. I
remember Tigger the Obnoxious Tomcat, in his youth, climbing a good 80
feet up a pine tree. I decided that I'd have some breakfast and feed
the other cats before I figured out what I was going to do about him
(the fire department wasn't really an option--I'd have to build them a
road first). Well, about five minutes after the can opener sounded,
there was Tigger.
IIRC, Dickens has a passage in one of his novels where a young girl
(12 or 13) faints dramatically and then, when she realizes that nobody
noticed, recovers and continues on as if nothing had happened.
2019-10-28 18:26:56 UTC
Post by Paul S Person
[...]
Well.... lying flat, with the blood returning to her head, might
have made her recover from a genuine faint. OTOH Dickens
probably meant it the way you describe.
2019-10-29 16:41:27 UTC
Post by Paul S Person
[...]
IIRC, it's pretty clear he did.

You have to remember that then, if not now, a person fainting was
/immediately/ the center of attention, with everybody poking,
stroking, pouring water on, putting noxious-smelling "salts" under the
nose of, and generally have a grand old time. Especially when the
fainting person was a lady.

At least, that's how it worked in novels. Which must have had /some/
connection with real life, as these were supposed to be stories of
contemporary life, or historical events, not science fiction, romance,
or fantasy.

So fainting was a way of drawing attention to oneself.

Today, of course, we just check the pulse, verify the breathing, and
that's that unless CPR or defibrillation is indicated, in which case
the victim ends up being assisted by EMTs and takes up residence in a
hospital.
p***@hotmail.com
2019-10-29 21:57:13 UTC
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Paul S Person
[...]
Also, if it appears that the victim hit their head on the floor, pavement,
or anything else when they fell they should be checked for a possible skull
fracture and intracranial bleeding. Signs of this would be unequal pupil
response to light and severe headache. These dangers were publicized
following the death of actress Natasha Richardson from epidural hematoma.

Peter Wezeman
anti-social Darwinist
Paul S Person
2019-10-30 16:10:17 UTC
Post by p***@hotmail.com
Post by Paul S Person
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Paul S Person
[...]
I should probably have mentioned that the EMT will show up in any
case. The EMT will, presumably, check for all sorts of things, and
haul the patient off to the hospital for further tests unless
completely satisfied.
Chrysi Cat
2019-10-28 11:37:33 UTC
According to various references, black bears are
appallingly good at climbing trees, ....
Particularly when they have unwittingly wandered into the
territory of a particularly territorial cat.
http://youtu.be/63Ne_4Tgyag
However, the bear was able to get down out of the tree by
himself; nobody had to call the firemen.
Congratulations, you've now reminded me of my parents' story of their
calico KITTEN in '72, who managed to chase off the neighbours'
Irish-Setter pup from the base of /her/ tree within the orchard outside
their apartment while Dad was studying at AFIT.

Unfortunately, that's basically the extent of what I can say about it
(being as it's hearsay; I wasn't around until just before Star Wars
debuted and wasn't sapient until '79) and /being/ 46 years ago, they
weren't in position to film it. I can say the Setter's papa never /did/
let the poor guy live it down!
--
Chrysi Cat
Transgoddess, quick to anger.
Chrysi Cat
2019-10-28 11:51:11 UTC
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Particularly when they have unwittingly wandered into the
territory of a particularly territorial cat.
http://youtu.be/63Ne_4Tgyag
However, the bear was able to get down out of the tree by
himself; nobody had to call the firemen.
Congratulations, you've now reminded me of my parents' story of their
calico KITTEN in '72,  who managed to chase off the neighbours'
Irish-Setter pup from the base of /her/ tree within the orchard outside
their apartment while Dad was studying at AFIT.
Unfortunately, that's basically the extent of what I can say about it
(being as it's hearsay; I wasn't around until just before Star Wars
debuted and wasn't sapient until '79) and /being/ 46 years ago, they
weren't in position to film it. I can say the Setter's papa never /did/
let the poor guy live it down!
Actually, come to think of it, our current sweetie-puss is literally the
first of four cats to own our family who HASN'T been a terrifying bully
to other furbabies. Ginger would likely have lived another 7 years or
more had she not /lost/ her final fight in both senses of the word--her
final battle with another animal gave her a terrible abscess on her side
in '86, and she told Mom it was too annoying having pneumothorax and
passed in the middle of the draining process at the vet's office in
front of Mom.

The next cat we never saw actually /fight,/ and she /never/ came home
with a fight wound. But one time, Mom was called by her good friend to
request that she retrieve our cat because she had the across-the-street
neighbour's cat trapped under their car. That waws positively
humiliating for Mom.

And then the one after that _was_ a physical bully; she was our first
indoor cat, but she was also the first one to have her home visited by
_other_ cats. The one time that we accidentally let her out of Mom's
sealed-off bedroom while my sister's declawed cat (not her doing; she'd
actually given him a forever home _after_ the woman-who-declawed-him
gave him--and the cat /her/ husband had brought into their marriage--up
to my sister because my sister could give them the run of the house and
the friend was keeping them in the basement following her daughter's
birth) had the run of the house, the result was a very noticeable dollop
of blood on his nose.

Charlie, on the other hand, has stolen the food from a visiting cat who
was the next one to live with my sister, but doesn't throw claws at
anybody. He's also the only boy out of all of them, though I'm sure
that's just coincidence.
Daniel60
2019-10-28 12:19:50 UTC
Post by Robert Woodward
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
[...]
Then you are *NOT* at the South Pole, are you?? ;-)
-
Daniel
P. Taine
2019-10-28 16:37:52 UTC
Post by Daniel60
Post by Robert Woodward
Post by Daniel60
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Daniel60
Post by Robert Woodward
Then you go south 1 unit, 1 unit east does a complete circumference
(actually, it could do more than one) of the pole and then 1 unit north
brings you back to your starting point.
-
Daniel
The north pole, of course. In the south it is a bit more complicated.

If you were 1 mile north of the pole and walked 1 mile south, what does it mean
to walk "1 mile east"? At the pole there is only one direction you can walk,
and that is north.

However, if you start 1 mile plus 1/2pi miles north of the pole, then 1 mile
south, east, north will get you back where you started, and the 1 mile
circumference circle around the pole is that 1/2pi miles north of it.
Chris M. Thomasson
2019-10-28 21:17:27 UTC
[...]
Post by Daniel60
Post by Robert Woodward
Then you go south 1 unit, 1 unit east does a complete circumference
(actually, it could do more than one) of the pole and then 1 unit north
brings you back to your starting point.
-
Daniel
Get a physical globe with latitude and longitude. Mark any pole as point
A, rotate the globe such that you are looking down on A. Move one unit
down any meridian, move one unit east or west along the parallel, and
finally up one meridian. You end up back a point A.
The Starmaker
2019-10-29 00:10:08 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
[...]
Post by Daniel60
Post by Robert Woodward
Then you go south 1 unit, 1 unit east does a complete circumference
(actually, it could do more than one) of the pole and then 1 unit north
brings you back to your starting point.
-
Daniel
Get a physical globe with latitude and longitude. Mark any pole as point
A, rotate the globe such that you are looking down on A. Move one unit
down any meridian, move one unit east or west along the parallel, and
finally up one meridian. You end up back a point A.
No need to mark the pole there ...it already has a black hole mark on it.
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
P. Taine
Sorry, space isn't THATcurved.
The Starmaker
2019-11-01 17:43:39 UTC
Post by P. Taine
On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 14:17:27 -0700, "Chris M. Thomasson"
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
[...]
Post by Daniel60
Post by Robert Woodward
Then you go south 1 unit, 1 unit east does a complete circumference
(actually, it could do more than one) of the pole and then 1 unit north
brings you back to your starting point.
-
Daniel
Get a physical globe with latitude and longitude. Mark any pole as point
A, rotate the globe such that you are looking down on A. Move one unit
down any meridian, move one unit east or west along the parallel, and
finally up one meridian. You end up back a point A.
Sorry, space isn't THATcurved.
but it is my understanding dat if you thow a ball in space...it curves all around and hits you in the back of your head. dat sound real curvy to me..
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
Chris M. Thomasson
Well, it works on a globe. ;^)
Sergio
curved enough that it keeps the water on it, too
Chris M. Thomasson
2019-11-11 22:06:17 UTC
Post by Sergio
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by P. Taine
On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 14:17:27 -0700, "Chris M. Thomasson"
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
[...]
Post by Daniel60
Post by Robert Woodward
Then you go south 1 unit, 1 unit east does a complete circumference
(actually, it could do more than one) of the pole and then 1 unit north
brings you back to your starting point.
-
Daniel
Get a physical globe with latitude and longitude. Mark any pole as point
A, rotate the globe such that you are looking down on A. Move one unit
down any meridian, move one unit east or west along the parallel, and
finally up one meridian. You end up back a point A.
Sorry, space isn't THATcurved.
Well, it works on a globe. ;^)
curved enough that it keeps the water on it, too
lol! The core of the globe has a nice pull... ;^)

Peter Trei
2019-10-21 05:29:48 UTC
Post by Chris M. Thomasson
Post by %
Post by Sergio
Post by benj
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
Nitpick: North Pole, yes
But at the other end: anywhere on a circle that is 1 + (1/(2*pi)) units from the South Pole.
Your path there resembles a lollipop.

Pt
The Starmaker
2019-10-19 06:52:08 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
If you don't know...
the North Pole suface is flat..
so is the other pole..
But, where can I find a picture of what the North or South Pole looks like?
I mean, has somebody went over there with a camera, and look at the ground and took a picture of it?
You know, a picture of where the exact location of the North Pole look like.
I just want to see a picture of it...
please, without the snow on it.
If you do a google earth to show the North Pole...it's across the street from a parking lot.
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2019-10-19 07:05:22 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
If you don't know...
the North Pole suface is flat..
so is the other pole..
But, where can I find a picture of what the North or South Pole looks like?
I mean, has somebody went over there with a camera, and look at the ground and took a picture of it?
You know, a picture of where the exact location of the North Pole look like.
I just want to see a picture of it...
please, without the snow on it.
If you do a google earth to show the North Pole...it's across the street from a parking lot.
How about satellite photos of the north pole?

All I see is a hole...where is the parking lot????
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2019-10-19 07:38:17 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
If you don't know...
the North Pole suface is flat..
so is the other pole..
But, where can I find a picture of what the North or South Pole looks like?
I mean, has somebody went over there with a camera, and look at the ground and took a picture of it?
You know, a picture of where the exact location of the North Pole look like.
I just want to see a picture of it...
please, without the snow on it.
If you do a google earth to show the North Pole...it's across the street from a parking lot.
How about satellite photos of the north pole?
http://www.freeenglishsite.com/SolarSystem/NorthPoleHole5.jpg
All I see is a hole...where is the parking lot????
You get the feeling 'they' don't want you to see what the north pole really looks like? Why??
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2019-10-19 17:35:32 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
If you don't know...
the North Pole suface is flat..
so is the other pole..
But, where can I find a picture of what the North or South Pole looks like?
I mean, has somebody went over there with a camera, and look at the ground and took a picture of it?
You know, a picture of where the exact location of the North Pole look like.
I just want to see a picture of it...
please, without the snow on it.
If you do a google earth to show the North Pole...it's across the street from a parking lot.
How about satellite photos of the north pole?
http://www.freeenglishsite.com/SolarSystem/NorthPoleHole5.jpg
All I see is a hole...where is the parking lot????
You get the feeling 'they' don't want you to see what the north pole really looks like? Why??
AND, since 'they' don't want you to SEE what the North Pole looks like...

what makes you think 'they' will allow you to SEE what the North Pole looks like on...any other planet????
the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2019-10-19 21:56:35 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
It's possible, (and I'm only speculating) that there is a whole bunch of flying saucers that have crashed at the north pole, (including some of our own crafts).

Could be the magnetic pole ruined the instruments on the crafts when they got near the north pole...
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2019-10-21 06:37:41 UTC
It's possible, (and I'm only speculating)...
Well, that's all you ever do, speculate... which has zero support in science. You need evidence for your foolish claims, and speculations provide zero evidence...
What do you mean "zero evidence"? Are you telling me you cannot find a photo of the North Pole here on...planet Earth????
the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2019-10-22 05:57:40 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
It's possible, (and I'm only speculating)...
Well, that's all you ever do, speculate... which has zero support in science. You need evidence for your foolish claims, and speculations provide zero evidence...
What do you mean "zero evidence"? Are you telling me you cannot find a photo of the North Pole here on...planet Earth????
You mean to tell me NOBODY here can come up with a photo of the North Pole???? I'm talking about here on Earth, not the planet Venus! EARTH!
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2019-10-22 21:32:58 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
It's possible, (and I'm only speculating)...
Well, that's all you ever do, speculate... which has zero support in science. You need evidence for your foolish claims, and speculations provide zero evidence...
What do you mean "zero evidence"? Are you telling me you cannot find a photo of the North Pole here on...planet Earth????
You mean to tell me NOBODY here can come up with a photo of the North Pole???? I'm talking about here on Earth, not the planet Venus! EARTH!
No, I'm saying that there is zero evidence for your speculation that... "It's possible, (and I'm only speculating) that there is a whole bunch of flying saucers that have crashed at the north pole, (including some of our own crafts)."
What are you talking about? The definition of "speculating" is..."form a
theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence."

"(and I'm only speculating)" means by defintion..."form a theory or
the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2019-10-25 06:37:57 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
It's possible, (and I'm only speculating)...
Well, that's all you ever do, speculate... which has zero support in science. You need evidence for your foolish claims, and speculations provide zero evidence...
What do you mean "zero evidence"? Are you telling me you cannot find a photo of the North Pole here on...planet Earth????
You mean to tell me NOBODY here can come up with a photo of the North Pole???? I'm talking about here on Earth, not the planet Venus! EARTH!
Okay, yous couldn't find a picture of the north pole...cause in one way or another they 'covered it up'...

well, they have pictures of moon and other planets with an indication of a north pole..but, but..

you will notice they are ALL fake photos. Always the north pole in those photos have black hole inserted into them with photoshop.

The question is...Why? Why are all those north pole photos sooo dark and mysterious? Why don't NASA just called them...North Holes?
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2019-10-26 17:25:01 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
All the photos...that you can find...containg a north pole...on any moon or planet out there..contains a black hole..
that was purposely added to the photo..am i right, or am i right, or am i right, right, right, right?

And if not a black hole was put in, a white hole was put in...with ibm white out.

...am i right, or am i right, or am i right, right, right, right?

Bottom line...all north pole pictures have a hole in it.

Why?

And how come NASA has never discovered any Green color planets???? (i mean, they fake colors for other planets far far away, why not green?)
the unchallengeable.
The Starmaker
2019-10-27 18:54:28 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
i heard that the military is not allowed at the South Pole...

is it because they don't want you to see what it looks like,? ..

wats at the south pole, a white hole or a black hole?

(a white hole is a part that has been white out with white out)

(a black hole is a part that has been blacked out with a black magic marker)

either way they cover it up...(incuding all the other planets.)

I'm guessing that 'they' don't know where the pole is at so they simply...draw one in! (sometimes the answer is very simple)
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
Chrysi Cat
2019-10-28 11:55:14 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
Oy. It's because of the Antarctic Treaty that specifically declares the
entire continent a demilitarised zone in perpetuity, to be occupied only
for scientific purposes and never colonised permanently.

Not sure what would happen if it turned out there really _was_ a hidden
base of human-precursors in it, but then _you_ don't even know what TV
series that refers to :-P
2019-10-31 03:15:48 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
My Godfather was a US Navy helo pilot who spent about 10 seasons down there,
so it isn't really a ban. There's a mountain down there named after him.

2019-11-06 20:52:10 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
The Nazis used Antartica for a base during WWII according to Clive
Cussler's history books.
https://www.amazon.com/Atlantis-Found-Dirk-Pitt-No/dp/0425177173/

2019-11-07 17:03:58 UTC
On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 14:52:10 -0600, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
In reading (and enjoying) those books, I came to a conclusion:

Dirk Pitt is a Force of Nature!

You know, like volcanoes, hurricanes, very large rocks from outer
space, and so on: unstoppable.
2019-11-07 20:18:37 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
[...]
That is why I quit reading the Dirk Pitt books. Too much suspension of
disbelief. However, my favorite was the discovery of the Viking ships
in a cave in the USA.

/History books/? ;-)
Paul S Person
2019-11-08 16:47:31 UTC
On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 08:38:12 -0800 (PST), Robert Carnegie
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker