OT A Campaign Promise Fulfilled?
2020-03-25 03:59:00 UTC
While the number of cases is doubling each day in New York, I read some news
stories alleging that Donald Trump had "hinted" in a recent speech that all this
social distancing jazz had been going on too long, and he wants Americans to go
back to work.

Since this comes from news sources unfriendly to Trump, and for other reasons, I
doubt this _really_ means he would do anything rash. He may have the economic
impact of the virus in mind - and, indeed, any President should - but that's not
the same as ignoring the health impact.

If, however, the worst fears of his detractors _were_ fulfilled... after I thought
of how Canada would need to react in such a case, I realized that Mexico would
have to do the same thing.

So a wall _would_ be constructed at the border between the U.S. and Mexico. And it
_would_ be paid for by Mexican taxpayers.

That it was built to keep possibly infected Americans fleeing to Mexico out,
instead of to help limit illegal entry to the U.S. from Mexico is a mere detail...

2020-03-25 15:53:33 UTC
Here we go, a source for this:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6725264/trudeau-trump-economy-coronavirus/

Perhaps not the comment referenced in the original story, but a later expression.

2020-03-25 20:13:48 UTC
[...]
John Savard
Dude, you are getting weirder by the day. And I mean that in a kind way.

2020-03-25 21:25:31 UTC
On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 15:13:48 -0500, Lynn McGuire
[...]
It would be kind of funny though to see the Mexicans building a wall.
2020-03-25 21:31:38 UTC
[...]
"Good fences make good neighbors"

2020-03-26 07:42:34 UTC
Dude, you are getting weirder by the day. And I mean that in a kind way.
Well, there is a difference in political outlook between many Canadians and many
Americans.

I was just reading this article

https://www.macleans.ca/society/life/escape-from-florida-my-2400-km-drive-back-to-the-sanity-of-canada/

...apparently, its author is expecting Florida to be heading for a cataclysm,
which I find to be entirely possible.

John Savard
Wolffan
2020-03-26 12:08:41 UTC
Dude, you are getting weirder by the day. And I mean that in a kind way.
Well, there is a difference in political outlook between many Canadians and many
Americans.
I was just reading this article
https://www.macleans.ca/society/life/escape-from-florida-my-2400-km-drive-back
-to-the-sanity-of-canada/
...apparently, its author is expecting Florida to be heading for a cataclysm,
which I find to be entirely possible.
John Savard
Ah. There _is_ an upside to covid-19: GETTING RID OF THE DAMN CANUKISTAN
SNOWBIRDS! HOO-RAH!! Whenever I see a white with blue lettering license plate
I prepare for inbound idiocy. If it’s got a crown in the middle, that’s
Ontario, so set DEFCON 3: be prepared for evasive action, but carry on
normally otherwise. If it has a blue fleur-de-lis... DEFCON 1! That’s a
Quebec plate, and Quebecois cannot drive! The last driving instructor in the
province fled in terror decades ago! Sound ‘Collision’! Request weapons
free! You know that Quebeckers are bad when they’re worse, much worse, than
Noo Yawkers!

You wouldn’t happen to be Quebecois, would you, Quaddie? You’re certainly
idiotic enough...
Dorothy J Heydt
2020-03-26 14:13:29 UTC
Dude, you are getting weirder by the day. And I mean that in a kind way.
Well, there is a difference in political outlook between many Canadians and many
Americans.
I was just reading this article
https://www.macleans.ca/society/life/escape-from-florida-my-2400-km-drive-back-to-the-sanity-of-canada/
I'm glad he was able to get through the border! As I've
mentioned upthread, my daughter's employer's son was not allowed
to get back to Quebec City a couple of weeks ago.
2020-03-26 17:24:48 UTC
Dude, you are getting weirder by the day. And I mean that in a kind way.
Well, there is a difference in political outlook between many Canadians and many
Americans.
I was just reading this article
https://www.macleans.ca/society/life/escape-from-florida-my-2400-km-drive-back-to-the-sanity-of-canada/
I'm glad he was able to get through the border! As I've
mentioned upthread, my daughter's employer's son was not allowed
to get back to Quebec City a couple of weeks ago.
At this point, these restrictions are, probably, a waste of energy --
and of resources that may be needed later.
a425couple
2020-03-28 17:18:36 UTC
While the number of cases is doubling each day in New York, I read some news
stories alleging that Donald Trump had "hinted" in a recent speech that all this
social distancing jazz had been going on too long, and he wants Americans to go
back to work.
Since this comes from news sources unfriendly to Trump, and for other reasons, I
doubt this _really_ means he would do anything rash. He may have the economic
impact of the virus in mind - and, indeed, any President should - but that's not
the same as ignoring the health impact.
Yes. The first paragraph is indeed a standard liberal distortion.

For a view on the other hand:
from
https://www.westernjournal.com/fauci-comes-forward-crushes-lefts-narrative-trumps-supposedly-dangerous-easter-deadline/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=PostSideSharingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons&fbclid=IwAR2Eqf2c9ChJg7cZ8b0TlUywo3oknUMCvhQYmfbl_CYEJd-ELe8KnEI5aUE

-------------
the key is:
Fauci Comes Forward, Crushes Left's Narrative on Trump's Supposedly
Dangerous Easter 'Deadline'
Thankfully for Trump and for America, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of
the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member
of the White House’s coronavirus task force, understood that the
president’s comment was an aspiration, not a declaration of what is to come.
“We talk to him about that, we say we need to be flexible, he realizes
that, and he accepts that,” Fauci told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham on
Wednesday. “He doesn’t want to give up his aspirational goal, but he’s
flexible enough to say, ‘OK, let’s look at it on a day-by-day basis.'”
Despite the image the mainstream media has put forth about Trump being a
bulldozer who disregards every opinion but his own, Fauci praised Trump
for his flexibility and willingness to change his mind as the situation
changes.
-------------------

Fauci Comes Forward, Crushes Left's Narrative on Trump's Supposedly
Dangerous Easter 'Deadline'
By Christine Favocci
Published March 26, 2020 at 7:42am

Nowadays, defending President Donald Trump is like playing whack-a-mole
— just as one inane criticism by the mainstream media is beat down with
facts, another one pops up.

The most recent nitpicking has to do with the president’s comments
expressing his desire to have the country reopened by Easter.

“I’d love to have it open by Easter,” Trump told Fox News host Bill
Hemmer during a virtual town hall broadcast Tuesday. “I would love to
have that. It’s such an important day for other reasons, but I’ll make
it an important day for this too.”

Later that day, he said during the White House coronavirus media
briefing, “I said earlier today that I hope we can do this by Easter. I
think that would be a great thing for our country, and we’re all working
very hard to make that a reality.”

As if on cue, the talking heads are popping up everywhere to take the
president to task for supposedly being irresponsible.

TRENDING: Frmr Biden Staffer Drops Bombshell Allegation: Joe Pinned Me
to the Wall Then Penetrated Me

Jimmy Kimmel, host of “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and former co-host of “The
Man Show,” which closed each episode with footage of half-naked girls
jumping on trampolines, swooped in to give his expert opinion on Trump’s
projected deadline.

In a segment of “Jimmy Kimmel’s Quarantine Minilogue,” Kimmel claimed
the president “defied the so-called experts who say we’re in this for a
while” and then replayed the footage of Trump clearly stating that he
hoped to have the country opened by Easter.

“By Easter? That’s in two and a half weeks!” the ABC host said, feigning
disbelief. “Even Jesus is like, ‘Jesus, calm down! Let’s think this
through,'” he said, throwing in a little blasphemy for good measure.

“We’re all gonna die so the president can eat Peeps,” Kimmel said,
purposely missing Trump’s point.

Predictably, The New York Times also published a hit piece that spun off
into hysteria. “Public health officials were horrified by Mr. Trump’s
statement, which threatened to send many Americans back into the public
square just as the peak of the virus was expected,” it said.

For anyone who paid attention to what Trump actually said, however, he
clearly wasn’t about to turn the entire U.S. population loose after so
much effort to virtually quarantine the entire population.

Rather, he expressed a desire for a projected end date, echoing the
hopes of many Americans who are concerned that drastic measures that are
harming the economy might be worse than the illness.

Thankfully for Trump and for America, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of
the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member
of the White House’s coronavirus task force, understood that the
president’s comment was an aspiration, not a declaration of what is to come.

“We talk to him about that, we say we need to be flexible, he realizes
that, and he accepts that,” Fauci told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham on
Wednesday. “He doesn’t want to give up his aspirational goal, but he’s
flexible enough to say, ‘OK, let’s look at it on a day-by-day basis.'”

RELATED: In Outrageous COVID Statement, AOC Publicly Puts Illegals on
Par with Americans for Payments

Between Trump’s use of the word “hope” and Fauci’s confirmation that the
president is earnestly heeding the advice of his advisers, his
detractors in the media look foolish.

It is important to home in on Fauci’s key statement that reveals what
kind of leader the country has in Trump.

“Even though it looks like he’s made this absolute decision on
something, he does have an open mind about it,” Fauci said in that same
interview.

Despite the image the mainstream media has put forth about Trump being a
bulldozer who disregards every opinion but his own, Fauci praised Trump
for his flexibility and willingness to change his mind as the situation
changes.

Like all great leaders, the president remains firm in his guiding
principles while navigating and adapting to an ever-evolving situation.
Meanwhile, his critics are stuck in their same, tired “never Trump” loop.

We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read
our editorial standards.
Magewolf
2020-03-28 18:45:15 UTC
[...]
Trying to fight this disease is hurting the stock market which hurts two
of Trump's favorite things, his money and his chance of reelection. From
the start he was hoping to be able to just ignore this and get away with
just a few of the "little" people dying but he was forced to do
something(too little and too late) for his reelection and has been
trying to weasel out of it ever since.
Quadibloc
2020-03-28 18:49:44 UTC
Post by a425couple
“He doesn’t want to give up his aspirational goal, but he’s
flexible enough to say, ‘OK, let’s look at it on a day-by-day basis.'”
This I can believe.

However, I don't conclude, therefore, that the liberal press is deliberately
distorting matters.

Instead, they're frightened by Trump's statements because they have this strange
preconcieved notion that he is headstrong and irresponsible based on previous
events, and so they see such aspirations as dangerous when held by someone like
who they concieve Trump to be.

It depends on one's political views whether or not one sees this view as
reasonable.

John Savard
Alan Baker
2020-03-28 18:55:35 UTC
While the number of cases is doubling each day in New York, I read some news
stories alleging that Donald Trump had "hinted" in a recent speech that all this
social distancing jazz had been going on too long, and he wants Americans to go
back to work.
Since this comes from news sources unfriendly to Trump, and for other reasons, I
doubt this _really_ means he would do anything rash. He may have the economic
impact of the virus in mind - and, indeed, any President should - but that's not
the same as ignoring the health impact.
Yes.  The first paragraph is indeed a standard liberal distortion.
No. It is not in any way shape or form a distortion.

Trump wants people to go back to work.
from
https://www.westernjournal.com/fauci-comes-forward-crushes-lefts-narrative-trumps-supposedly-dangerous-easter-deadline/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=PostSideSharingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons&fbclid=IwAR2Eqf2c9ChJg7cZ8b0TlUywo3oknUMCvhQYmfbl_CYEJd-ELe8KnEI5aUE
The Western Journal is a far-right fake news site.

<https://www.newsguardtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Western-Journal.pdf>