[translation] Daughter of a Soldier, book 3 by Miya Kazuki
2021-07-14 13:22:26 UTC
Daughter of a Soldier, book 3 by Miya Kazuki

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-book-with-all-the-rules
Magewolf
2021-07-14 18:42:53 UTC
Daughter of a Soldier, book 3 by Miya Kazuki
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-book-with-all-the-rules
Myne's singular focus on books is one of the things that has kept her
alive but it also has kept her from making more efforts to gather
critical need-to-know information.
James Nicoll
2021-07-14 19:06:57 UTC
Post by Magewolf
Post by James Nicoll
Daughter of a Soldier, book 3 by Miya Kazuki
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-book-with-all-the-rules
Myne's singular focus on books is one of the things that has kept her
alive but it also has kept her from making more efforts to gather
critical need-to-know information.
I wonder... is there any hint that she reads fantasy? In particular the
sort where knowing how magic works is vital to the plot?
Magewolf
2021-07-15 01:29:05 UTC
Post by Magewolf
Post by James Nicoll
Daughter of a Soldier, book 3 by Miya Kazuki
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-book-with-all-the-rules
Myne's singular focus on books is one of the things that has kept her
alive but it also has kept her from making more efforts to gather
critical need-to-know information.
I wonder... is there any hint that she reads fantasy? In particular the
sort where knowing how magic works is vital to the plot?
It seems like she read most everything but as far as I remember fantasy
works from our world have not been mentioned much at all. Some legends
and fairy tales have come up but mainly as stories not anything to
compare her new life to.

As for info I was not thinking of magic in particular rather that she is
still getting blind-sided by common knowledge stuff.
David Johnston
2021-07-17 01:52:15 UTC
Post by Magewolf
Post by James Nicoll
Daughter of a Soldier, book 3 by Miya Kazuki
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-book-with-all-the-rules
Myne's singular focus on books is one of the things that has kept her
alive but it also has kept her from making more efforts to gather
critical need-to-know information.
I wonder... is there any hint that she reads fantasy? In particular the
sort where knowing how magic works is vital to the plot?
Not really. Many of these isekai reincarnation heroines are aware of
their genre but she isn't. While she'll read anything, given her choice
she goes for nonfiction and mainstream fiction.