THEM!!!!
Add Reply
The Starmaker
2019-11-21 18:03:28 UTC
Photos Show Evidence of Life on Mars: Insect- and Reptile-Like Fossils & Living Creatures

https://scitechdaily.com/photos-show-evidence-of-life-on-mars-insect-and-reptile-like-fossils-living-creatures/
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
Bast
2019-11-21 18:55:21 UTC
Most likely Hitlery Clintons relatives
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-11-21 20:35:10 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Post by The Starmaker
Photos Show Evidence of Life on Mars: Insect- and Reptile-Like Fossils & Living Creatures
https://scitechdaily.com/photos-show-evidence-of-life-on-mars-insect-and-reptile-like-fossils-living-creatures/
Baloney.
Post by The Starmaker
Most likely Hitlery Clintons relatives
Baloney with horseradish.
The Starmaker
2019-11-22 02:15:31 UTC
Post by The Starmaker
Most likely Hitlery Clintons relatives
Baloney with horseradish.
strange comment coming from a...science fiction writer.

How can you sell science fiction books calling Insects from Mars Baloney with horseradish???? tsk, tsk, tsk...
to think the unthinkable, mention the unmentionable, and challenge
the unchallengeable.
Joy Beeson
2019-11-23 00:30:44 UTC
Baloney with horseradish.
That sounds pretty good. I've got white sourdough bread and
horseradish, but no baloney.

But I'm going shopping tomorrow. I need cream cheese and sour cream
to make devilled eggs for my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner.

I used to bring potato salad, but I'm not as keen on complicated
cooking as I used to be. I had a system worked out: zap a one-pound
potato for six minutes, pop it into a horizontal toaster

---------

At that point it was 23:00 and I had to take my Gabapentin and go to
bed.

I bought Prairie Farms cream cheese and sour cream, but didn't even
look at the lunch meats. We have some "Cutting Board" ham slices
already, and more kinds of cheese than you can shake a stick at.

I said "horizontal toaster" above because the last time I referred to
a "toaster oven", everyone in the group was completely snowed and
buffaloed and some couldn't grasp the definition. A toaster oven is a
small appliance that toasts two slices horizontal on a rack, with
enough vertical space for bagels, ciabatta, rolls, and the like. It
will also bake small items if you don't mind them getting a bit
toasted. When I still ate cinnamon toast, I loved to butter the bread
and spread it thickly with cinnamon sugar before toasting.

Resuming the recipe, I chopped vegetables and stirred them into the
dressing while the potato zapped, paused to put the zapped potato into
the toaster and put the next potato into the microwave, then when the
second potato came out of the microwave, I paused onion etc. chopping
to cut up the potato that it displaced from the toaster and get it
into the dressing while still boiling hot. By the time the third
potato was ready to cut up, I was pretty much finished with the
dressing.

I think I boiled three eggs also.

I'd mapped a seventeen-mile ride for today, but as I was riding out
Heritage Trail, I reflected that it was nearly eleven (there had been
some Real Life (TM) while I was getting ready, including emptying a
cat box.), curfew this time of year is five o'clock, and I ride at
five miles per hour. (I miss planning one hour per ten miles, and
expecting that to leave time for getting lost and eating lunch, but it
beats the alternative.)

And, more to the point, the first place where I can buy lunch is
nearly at the end of the ride. It was quite pleasant out for someone
wearing three pairs of tights, a pair of thick sweat pants, three silk
shirts, one waffle-knit cotton shirt, a linen jersey, and a
windbreaker, but I didn't want to sit outside and eat my emergency
bars.

So I turned left instead of right and cut out the excursion through
the country. Probably about ten miles total, but I haven't measured
it yet.

It wasn't quite three when I got back into Warsaw, so I stopped at
Zale's and bought a frozen St. Anne's Cheeseball to add to the party,
then stopped at Paws 'n Claws to buy a can of low-ash cat food.

I'd bought a carton of renal-support canned food at Tractor Supply,
and I'd left a drinking fountain Al won't drink from and a bag of
tranquilizers at the animal shelter.

Three O'clock is when I'm supposed to get up from my afternoon nap,
and I didn't get home until 15:40, so I skipped it. I tend to wax
verbose when half asleep.

I wrote a lot of term papers in the middle of the night when I was in
school.
--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net