Amazon subverts my expectations
2021-09-18 05:34:17 UTC
So I'm looking at a list of 50 "recommended for you" thumbnails over curtated
titles and see:

Hero of Two Worlds: The Marquis de Lafayette in

I'm pretty sure the last word is going to be "Space" but when I hover
the text is in fact

"the Age of Revolution".

and then I remember, "Oh yeah, I bought a history book last week.."
2021-09-18 06:28:47 UTC
--
You were expecting Adam étrange, peut-être?

https://www.comics.org/issue/17550/cover/4/
2021-09-18 17:15:09 UTC
So I'm looking at a list of 50 "recommended for you" thumbnails over curtated
Hero of Two Worlds: The Marquis de Lafayette in
I'm pretty sure the last word is going to be "Space" but when I hover
the text is in fact
"the Age of Revolution".
and then I remember, "Oh yeah, I bought a history book last week.."
--
You were expecting Adam étrange, peut-être?
https://www.comics.org/issue/17550/cover/4/
Apparently he's a war criminal now..
2021-09-18 17:04:09 UTC
So I'm looking at a list of 50 "recommended for you" thumbnails over curtated
Hero of Two Worlds: The Marquis de Lafayette in
I'm pretty sure the last word is going to be "Space" but when I hover
the text is in fact
"the Age of Revolution".
and then I remember, "Oh yeah, I bought a history book last week.."
What I find annoying is their constant efforts to sell me /what I just
bought/.

I usually avoid their suggestions, but there was one film that I could
only find by title as an R5 DVD (won't play in R1) ... and the first
"suggestion" was a BD/DVD combo pack that was A/R1 (will play in R1).

IIRC, several years ago I ran into several LPs that I could only find
on Amazon ... by searching with Google.
2021-09-18 17:37:41 UTC
So I'm looking at a list of 50 "recommended for you" thumbnails over curtated
Hero of Two Worlds: The Marquis de Lafayette in
I'm pretty sure the last word is going to be "Space"
Sounds like a book that David D. Levine might write.