"SpaceX's all-civilian Inspiration4 mission launches today. Here's what to expect."
2021-09-15 17:57:18 UTC
"SpaceX's all-civilian Inspiration4 mission launches today. Here's what
to expect."
https://www.space.com/spacex-inspiration4-launch-day

"CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — SpaceX will launch its first all-civilian crew
on a three-day journey around the Earth in what will be a historic step
for private space travel.
The private spaceflight company will launch the Inspiration4 crew, a
team of four private citizens, on a veteran Falcon 9 rocket it calls
B1062. The previously flown rocket is scheduled to blast off from Pad
39A and Kennedy Space Center here in Florida tonight (Sept. 15) during a
five-hour window that opens at 8:02 p.m. EDT (0002 Sept. 16 GMT). "

Cool !

Lynn
pete...@gmail.com
2021-09-15 18:46:13 UTC
"SpaceX's all-civilian Inspiration4 mission launches today. Here's what
to expect."
https://www.space.com/spacex-inspiration4-launch-day
"CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — SpaceX will launch its first all-civilian crew
on a three-day journey around the Earth in what will be a historic step
for private space travel.
The private spaceflight company will launch the Inspiration4 crew, a
team of four private citizens, on a veteran Falcon 9 rocket it calls
B1062. The previously flown rocket is scheduled to blast off from Pad
39A and Kennedy Space Center here in Florida tonight (Sept. 15) during a
five-hour window that opens at 8:02 p.m. EDT (0002 Sept. 16 GMT). "
So the 3rd member of the 'Billionaire Boys Rocket Club' is stepping up to
the plate, joining Branson and Bezos in sending up space tourists.

I don't know if Musk plans to make a regular thing of this, but at least
his mission is orbital. I certainly wouldn't turn down a ticket.

2021-09-15 23:00:16 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
pt
Musk got their three day tickets paid for by another billionaire !

Would you go up for $100,000 ? $50,000 ? $25,000 ? $10,000 ?

2021-09-16 00:27:57 UTC
On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 18:00:16 -0500, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Once Starship is flying it should be around $100K. Maybe less for a
recreational ride.
pete...@gmail.com
2021-09-16 03:06:37 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Is that what I'm paid to go, or what I'd have to pay? If I could get a 3
day trip at a cost of 10k, I'd certainly consider it.

Pt
J. Clarke
2021-09-16 17:47:20 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Target price $10 million per launch, divide by 100, $100K price per
seat.

If they can shoehorn in 500 or 1000 it would be proportionally less,
but also less fun I suspect.
Pt
pete...@gmail.com
2021-09-16 20:11:07 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Where do you get $10 million? Elon is targetting $2 million:
https://www.space.com/spacex-starship-flight-passenger-cost-elon-musk.html
That's well under $10/pound to LEO. Back in the Shuttle days, it was closer to
$700/lb.

2021-09-16 19:11:19 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
At $10K, I would go in a heart beat ! Even with the communal zero
gravity toilet at the nose of the space craft.

BTW, just think of the experience that the SpaceX employees are getting
right now. They are learning what works and what does not work. That
experience is incredibly expensive to get and totally necessary for
their future projects, Starship.