Time Criminials Of the Dawn Age, Hearken & Obey!
2019-11-29 05:55:00 UTC
https://www.gocomics.com/alley-oop/2019/11/27
a***@msn.com
2019-11-29 18:47:01 UTC
https://www.gocomics.com/alley-oop/2019/11/27
"Legions in Time" reference - right? A great story
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2019-11-29 19:52:41 UTC
Post by a***@msn.com
Post by Ted Nolan <tednolan>
https://www.gocomics.com/alley-oop/2019/11/27
"Legions in Time" reference - right? A great story
Yep!
2019-12-01 16:40:42 UTC
https://www.gocomics.com/alley-oop/2019/11/27
And here everyone thought it was the _oil companies_ that were suppressing free energy!

2019-12-01 17:06:43 UTC
https://www.gocomics.com/alley-oop/2019/11/27
And here everyone thought it was the _oil companies_ that were suppressing free energy!
And this comic strip is even referred to on my web page, in jest:

"Of course, it could be that the Egyptian traditions and the Kabbalah simply derived from a common source, in Atlantis, or even Lemuria. Lemuria: that lost continent, located in the Indian Ocean, where it provided an explanation for why lemurs were found in both Madagascar and (as fossils) in Indonesia. Doubtless my readers are all familiar with the Philadelphia Experiment, in which the secret theories of Dr. Albert Einstein (and perhaps the lost notebooks of Nikola Tesla, and scraps of information gleaned from crashed flying saucers) were used in an attempt to develop a cloaking device for U. S. naval vessels. Under somewhat less secrecy, even presented to the public in major newspapers - but in a veiled form - Einstein also experimented with time travel, bringing to the present a primitive man from this ancient continent; from this research, we learned that Lemuria was originally divided into the rival kingdoms of Lem and Mu. These rival kingdoms were eventually united, forming a civilization so advanced that it eventually caused the entire continent to float up into the air and settle down in the Pacific ocean. (On a smaller scale, this technology allowed the Pyramids to be built.)

"But a chunk of the continent proved a home to separatists who wanted to divide the ancient kingdom of Lem from Lemuria, and thus they floated a chunk of the continent to the Atlantic ocean, where it became known as Atlantis; this explains how Atlantis and Lemuria managed to exist while blatantly contradicting the facts of plate tectonics."

http://www.quadibloc.com/other/tarint.htm

2019-12-01 19:05:50 UTC
Post by Quadibloc
http://www.quadibloc.com/other/tarint.htm
That is also the page on which I make a reference to a well-known popular song:

"One might also mention an exception to placing the Hebrew alphabet in order
alongside the cards: in _Liber al vel Legis_, Aleister Crowley, who otherwise
used the ordering of the Rider-Waite deck shown in the second column, maintained
the ordering of the cards, but noted that Tzaddi was not the Star, and *followed
through* by interchanging it with Hé, the letter associated with the Emperor. It
is not recorded if that means that The Emperor is the *heart* of the Major
Arcana."

John Savard
Thomas Koenig
2019-12-09 16:33:53 UTC
"But a chunk of the continent proved a home to separatists who wanted to divide the ancient kingdom of Lem from Lemuria,
Which then landed on the Moon in 1969 (although they got the
capitalization wrong, so they eventually renamed it).

You know the last king of Lem was called Stanisław?
D B Davis
2019-12-09 17:25:41 UTC
Post by Thomas Koenig
Post by Quadibloc
"But a chunk of the continent proved a home to separatists who wanted
to divide the ancient kingdom of Lem from Lemuria,
Which then landed on the Moon in 1969 (although they got the
capitalization wrong, so they eventually renamed it).
You know the last king of Lem was called Stanisław?
LOL. Meanwhile, in the "Ochent Nebula, with its five-dimensional
anomalies, hyperstorms and unusually active stars:"

#1 Ark of the Stars
by Frank Borsch

After a tragic accident Perry Rhodan discovers a huge
space ship, two miles long and traveling almost at the
speed of light. The ship turns out to be an ark,
carrying a population of humans who set out on their
journey 55,000 years ago, from Earth - Lemurians, the
legendary forefathers of mankind.

But Rhodan is not the only one to have noticed the ark.
A ship of the Akons, Earth's arch enemies, has also set
its sights on this galactic mystery ...

Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``.
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
2019-12-09 20:07:50 UTC
#1 Ark of the Stars
by Frank Borsch

After a tragic accident Perry Rhodan discovers a huge
space ship, two miles long and traveling almost at the
speed of light. The ship turns out to be an ark,
carrying a population of humans who set out on their
journey 55,000 years ago, from Earth - Lemurians, the
legendary forefathers of mankind.
But Rhodan is not the only one to have noticed the ark.
A ship of the Akons, Earth's arch enemies, has also set
its sights on this galactic mystery ...
I Googled it, as I was curious what position it occupied in the interminable
Perry Rhodan series.

Instead, I see it's the first book in a new, revived Perry Rhodan series.

John Savard
Richard Todd
2019-12-14 19:45:43 UTC
#1 Ark of the Stars
by Frank Borsch

After a tragic accident Perry Rhodan discovers a huge
space ship, two miles long and traveling almost at the
speed of light. The ship turns out to be an ark,
carrying a population of humans who set out on their
journey 55,000 years ago, from Earth - Lemurians, the
legendary forefathers of mankind.
I Googled it, as I was curious what position it occupied in the interminable
Perry Rhodan series.
Instead, I see it's the first book in a new, revived Perry Rhodan series.
To be precise, "Ark of the Stars" and the 5 books that follow are
English translations of the Lemuria novels, one of several
"Taschenbuchserien" (pocket-book series) limited-length spinoff series
that have been published in Germany over the years. They're all set in
the same universe as the "main" PR series, by many of the same authors,
and events in the spinoff novels sometimes are referred to in the
mainline stories. This particular series is set in the year 1327 New
Galactic Era (which corresponds to 4914 AD), with some flashbacks to the
Lemurian era (~52000 BC), and takes place in the gap between the
mainline Perry Rhodan stories PR#2199 and #2200.

The history of this particular series getting published in English is
kinda complex; it results from a failed attempt by FanPro at restarting
publication of PR in the United States about a decade or so ago. They
licensed from the German publisher VPM rights to the Lemuria novels and
hired Dwight Decker (one of the three translators of the original Ace PR
novels back in the 70s) to do the translations, but their venture went
under before more than the first book, Borsch's "Ark of the Stars" got
published. (I'm probably one of the few people who bought a copy.) The
rights to the translated novels reverted to VPM, and a few years back
they decided to issue the translations as ebooks on Amazon.com and at
least make some money on them. Which I guess they have done, but not
enough to have motivated any further ventures in English publications of
PR...
D B Davis
2019-12-15 15:11:52 UTC
#1 Ark of the Stars
by Frank Borsch
?
[...]
Your summary is most helpful to dilettantes such as me. "Kinda complex"
aptly describes the PR fictional universe in a nutshell. It took me many
moons to get my bearings so as to commence my read of the vast, gigantic
?oeuvre. (Does that word work with group art?) It's a daunting task.
After months of research, "Ark of the Stars" became my first foray
into the Perryverse. The Borsch and the Decker ebooks, along with a
German audiobook, were acquired. They served to make me curious about
PR's origins. Afterwards, Ackerman's Ace PR opus caught my eye.
The superfluity of people carping about PR made me cautious, so one
Ackerman, "#56 Prisoner of Time," (which nicely dovetails with this
thread), was acquired and read. It fit me like a glove.
In retrospect, PR's many mudslinging muckrakers make for an
entertaining sideshow. Forry, at least, has a lot of fun airing
grievances for the amusement of all.
In the end, a used version of all the Aces was purchased at a
discount on eBay. The first few dozen of the German originals were also
acquired on ebay.de. My current read is "#17 The Venus Trap."
Unfortunately, German audiobooks of the very first PR's seem
unavailable, to wit:

https://www.audible.com/search?keywords=perry+rhodan

If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``.
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
Patric Mueller
2020-01-29 22:33:42 UTC
Post by D B Davis
Unfortunately, German audiobooks of the very first PR's seem
https://www.audible.com/search?keywords=perry+rhodan
If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.
The Perrypedia doesn't list any audiobooks for the early novels:
https://www.perrypedia.de/wiki/H%C3%B6rb%C3%BCcher_und_H%C3%B6rspiele

But the "Silberband" edition does have an audiobook version named
"Silber Edition". The Silberbände are mostly book length compilations of
the novels, usually around 7, somewhat streamlined where necessary but
almost all novels are in there.

Audible seems to list them, you just have to search for 'Silber
Edition' instead of 'Perry Rhodan'.

https://www.audible.com/series/Perry-Rhodan-Silber-Edition-Der-1-Zyklus-Die-Dritte-Macht-Audiobooks/B07F82XRW1?pf_rd_p=1ae0e65e-ad09-4aa7-aa73-772cefb1b5e1&pf_rd_r=55FEKKG2TGF2392C989V&ref=a_author_Cl_c19_lSeries_1_3_1

Bye
Patric
D B Davis
2020-01-30 04:39:50 UTC
Post by Patric Mueller
Post by D B Davis
Unfortunately, German audiobooks of the very first PR's seem
https://www.audible.com/search?keywords=perry+rhodan
If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.
https://www.perrypedia.de/wiki/H%C3%B6rb%C3%BCcher_und_H%C3%B6rspiele
But the "Silberband" edition does have an audiobook version named
"Silber Edition". The Silberbände are mostly book length compilations of
the novels, usually around 7, somewhat streamlined where necessary but
almost all novels are in there.
Audible seems to list them, you just have to search for 'Silber
Edition' instead of 'Perry Rhodan'.
https://www.audible.com/series/Perry-Rhodan-Silber-Edition-Der-1-Zyklus-Die-Dritte-Macht-Audiobooks/B07F82XRW1?pf_rd_p=1ae0e65e-ad09-4aa7-aa73-772cefb1b5e1&pf_rd_r=55FEKKG2TGF2392C989V&ref=a_author_Cl_c19_lSeries_1_3_1
That certainly explains why a search on "Unternhmen Stardust" inevitably
includes several "Silberband" suggestions in the results. Another
Perryverse puzzle piece falls into place. :)
Sound effects are apparently added to some "Silberband" soundtracks,
which makes them better than the typical Borsch narration by Josef
Tratnik.

The free version of Bing translator [1] vocalizes about a paragraph at
a time. Bing removes the speaker icon after the text exceeds a certain
(unknown to me) length. Presumably Bing's professional version
increases the vocalization word limit.

You've been most helpful.

Note.

[1] http://www.bing.com/translator

Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``.
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.
2019-12-09 20:16:08 UTC
Post by Thomas Koenig
You know the last king of Lem was called Stanisław?
I knew about the science-fiction writer Stanislaw Lem, but I did not know that the
last king of Poland was Stanislaus II August.

Unfortunately, I can't work a holiday season angle in here, because the duke on
whom the Christmas carol Good King Wenceslas was based appears to have been a
Czech, not a Pole.

2019-12-09 21:02:23 UTC
You know the last king of Lem was called Stanisław?
I knew about the science-fiction writer Stanislaw Lem, but I did not know that the
last king of Poland was Stanislaus II August.
Unfortunately, I can't work a holiday season angle in here, because the
duke on whom the Christmas carol Good King Wenceslas was based appears
to have been a Czech, not a Pole.
And not a King, until he was promoted after his martyrdom, but Duke of
Bohemia; he is Czechia's patron saint, and was, in part at least,
martyred for his faith by a pagan chieftain -- aided by Wenceslas'
younger brother Boleslav. 935 A.D.
2019-12-09 20:45:47 UTC
https://www.gocomics.com/alley-oop/2019/11/27
And now we're at