2020-05-30 14:08:57 UTC
It wasn’t great literature, but I recall it periodically and it drives me crazy not to know what it is. I don’t remember much about it, but here’s what I have:
- It was in an alternate (implied it was an earlier) universe.
- One of our standard Laws didn’t exist, because at the end one of the main characters suggests to the creative power that next time they should build in a conservation of matter.
- There were no humans. The dominant species was intelligent felines. I think at the end the creative power lets the main character know what the next universe’s species will be (implying us), and the character is not impressed.
- They had space travel.
- It was a very loose retelling (possibly only echoes) of Tristan and Yseult.
- A plot point involved the need for time travel - an item had to have been to a certain point in time for it to function as a critical component.
Anybody got anything?