"7 Best Terraforming Books" by Dan Livingston
2020-05-10 06:01:09 UTC
"7 Best Terraforming Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/7-best-terraforming-books/

I have read 4 of the 7. "Building Harlequin’s Moon", "Farmer in the
Sky", "Komarr", and "Red Mars".

BTW, Dan does not limit himself to putting a book on a single list. He
has "Komarr" on at least two lists.

Does _Komarr_ count as "best terraforming"? ;-)
Lynn McGuire
2020-05-10 07:29:21 UTC
"7 Best Terraforming Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/7-best-terraforming-books/
I have read 4 of the 7. "Building Harlequin’s Moon", "Farmer in the
Sky", "Komarr", and "Red Mars".
BTW, Dan does not limit himself to putting a book on a single list. He
has "Komarr" on at least two lists.
Lynn
Does _Komarr_ count as "best terraforming"? ;-)
Only if you keep your breathe mask charged up. And keep idiots from
trashing the space mirror.

2020-05-10 14:09:52 UTC
"7 Best Terraforming Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/7-best-terraforming-books/
I have read 4 of the 7. "Building Harlequin’s Moon", "Farmer in the
Sky", "Komarr", and "Red Mars".
BTW, Dan does not limit himself to putting a book on a single list. He
has "Komarr" on at least two lists.
Lynn
Does _Komarr_ count as "best terraforming"? ;-)
It's one of the very few books that feature terraforming that's willing
to acknowledge the inherent time scales.
David Duffy
2020-05-11 07:14:17 UTC
"7 Best Terraforming Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/7-best-terraforming-books/
Peter Schmidt's _Terraforming: An Investigation of the
Boundaries Between Science and Hard Science Fiction_ should be in there
too. And what about the Martian efforts in _War of the Worlds_?
David Goldfarb
2020-05-15 05:58:54 UTC
I have read 4 of the 7. "Building Harlequin's Moon", "Farmer in the
Sky", "Komarr", and "Red Mars".
4 for me also: I haven't read _Building Harlequin's Moon_ but
I have read _Seveneves_.
--
David Goldfarb |"Backward, turn backward, O time in your flight!
***@gmail.com | I've thought of a comeback I needed last night."
***@ocf.berkeley.edu | -- Dorothy Parker
Lynn McGuire
2020-05-15 18:27:56 UTC
Post by David Goldfarb
I have read 4 of the 7. "Building Harlequin's Moon", "Farmer in the
Sky", "Komarr", and "Red Mars".
4 for me also: I haven't read _Building Harlequin's Moon_ but
I have read _Seveneves_.
I have been told that _Seveneves_ is a total piece of trash. My friend
threw it at the wall halfway through. Do you disagree ?
https://www.amazon.com/Seveneves-Neal-Stephenson/dp/0062334514/

2020-05-15 19:25:06 UTC
Post by David Goldfarb
I have read 4 of the 7. "Building Harlequin's Moon", "Farmer in the
Sky", "Komarr", and "Red Mars".
4 for me also: I haven't read _Building Harlequin's Moon_ but
I have read _Seveneves_.
I have been told that _Seveneves_ is a total piece of trash. My friend
threw it at the wall halfway through. Do you disagree ?
https://www.amazon.com/Seveneves-Neal-Stephenson/dp/0062334514/
Trash, no. Stephenson can spin a tale. However, what passes for science in this ... I can understand wanting to throw it against the wall. There are some innovative ideas but the situation which they're in just doesn't work.

Pt
Magewolf
2020-05-15 20:49:07 UTC
Post by David Goldfarb
I have read 4 of the 7.  "Building Harlequin's Moon", "Farmer in the
Sky", "Komarr", and "Red Mars".
4 for me also: I haven't read _Building Harlequin's Moon_ but
I have read _Seveneves_.
I have been told that _Seveneves_ is a total piece of trash.  My friend
threw it at the wall halfway through.  Do you disagree ?
   https://www.amazon.com/Seveneves-Neal-Stephenson/dp/0062334514/
Lynn
It is so silly in design that it kills the story you are supposed to
take seriously, at least to me. It really should have been a comedy.
Chris Buckley
2020-05-15 23:29:26 UTC
Post by David Goldfarb
I have read 4 of the 7. "Building Harlequin's Moon", "Farmer in the
Sky", "Komarr", and "Red Mars".
4 for me also: I haven't read _Building Harlequin's Moon_ but
I have read _Seveneves_.
I have been told that _Seveneves_ is a total piece of trash. My friend
threw it at the wall halfway through. Do you disagree ?
https://www.amazon.com/Seveneves-Neal-Stephenson/dp/0062334514/
Lynn
It was a major disappointment. I thought one arc would make a reasonable
novella.

Chris
Default User
2020-05-19 02:24:02 UTC
"7 Best Terraforming Books" by Dan Livingston
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/7-best-terraforming-books/
Another 1-fer, Red Mars.

The Chronicles of Solace by Roger MacBride Allen are all about terraforming and what happens when it starts to go bad.

Brian