"SPACE X’S STARSHIP + KOBE’S FLYING CAR" by Richard Pournelle
2020-02-02 01:14:10 UTC
"SPACE X’S STARSHIP + KOBE’S FLYING CAR" by Richard Pournelle

https://www.jerrypournelle.com/sciencefiction/2020/01/30/space-xs-starship-kobes-flying-car/

"I find that most reporting about SpaceX’s Starship as dramatically
underreporting the progress and ambition of the program. Some don’t
understand it, others are skeptical, and plenty should be threatened by it."

"Elon has said that he plans to build at least 20 prototypes of the
vehicle. I think this is a sign the program is serious and a sign that
the lesson of X Programs has sunk in. If Starship is successful it could
reduce the cost of transportation to space by another order of magnitude."

$20/lb to LEO is an awesome goal. Or GEO, I am not sure.

2020-02-02 03:02:21 UTC
On Sat, 1 Feb 2020 19:14:10 -0600, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
"SPACE X’S STARSHIP + KOBE’S FLYING CAR" by Richard Pournelle
https://www.jerrypournelle.com/sciencefiction/2020/01/30/space-xs-starship-kobes-flying-car/
"I find that most reporting about SpaceX’s Starship as dramatically
underreporting the progress and ambition of the program. Some don’t
understand it, others are skeptical, and plenty should be threatened by it."
"Elon has said that he plans to build at least 20 prototypes of the
vehicle. I think this is a sign the program is serious and a sign that
the lesson of X Programs has sunk in. If Starship is successful it could
reduce the cost of transportation to space by another order of magnitude."
$20/lb to LEO is an awesome goal. Or GEO, I am not sure.
I find that there are the NASA groupies who ignore it and the SpaceX
groupies who follow every tweet.

So far they've only flown the one hopper.