Over The Hedge: Peloton
2020-01-09 18:57:19 UTC
Over The Hedge: Peloton
https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2020/01/09

The gift that keeps on giving.

2020-01-09 20:09:59 UTC
Over The Hedge: Peloton
https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2020/01/09
The gift that keeps on giving.
I have thought about getting an indoor exercise bike,
or a trainer,* for use in the winter. It's 26 F today.

My dream rig would generate power, a la "Gilligan's
Island," to power the TV or stereo. Apparently, one
would need something purpose-built for peak efficiency.

https://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2011/05/bike-powered-electricity-generators.html

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_trainer

If the purpose were exercise, and energy just a by-product,
I could live with a little inefficiency.

2020-01-09 23:12:27 UTC
Over The Hedge: Peloton
https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2020/01/09
The gift that keeps on giving.
I have thought about getting an indoor exercise bike,
or a trainer,* for use in the winter. It's 26 F today.
My dream rig would generate power, a la "Gilligan's
Island," to power the TV or stereo. Apparently, one
would need something purpose-built for peak efficiency.
https://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2011/05/bike-powered-electricity-generators.html
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_trainer
If the purpose were exercise, and energy just a by-product,
I could live with a little inefficiency.
ObSF: Anderson, _The Makeshift Spacecraft._

~"And the worst of it is," Herr Syrup grumbled, "who is going to
believe that I traveled between asteroids on a bicycle?"

Slowly the lifeboat began counter-rotating.~