"The Mouse Sander And The Coffee Cup" by Sarah Hoyt
2021-09-17 17:54:49 UTC
"The Mouse Sander And The Coffee Cup" by Sarah Hoyt

https://accordingtohoyt.com/2021/09/17/the-mouse-sander-and-the-coffee-cup/

Cute time travel short story.

2021-09-17 18:19:30 UTC
"The Mouse Sander And The Coffee Cup" by Sarah Hoyt
https://accordingtohoyt.com/2021/09/17/the-mouse-sander-and-the-coffee-cup/
Cute time travel short story.
Yes. But is there *any* definition for a mouse sander?

/google

Why yes, there is. "The peculiarly shaped pad in this sander
helps it to reach inside crevices, small corners, and other tight
spaces. For this reason, the sander is used frequently to sand
odd shapes, seams, corners, and most of the extremely small and
tight spots."
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Dorothy J Heydt
2021-09-17 22:05:13 UTC
"The Mouse Sander And The Coffee Cup" by Sarah Hoyt
https://accordingtohoyt.com/2021/09/17/the-mouse-sander-and-the-coffee-cup/
Cute time travel short story.
Yes. But is there *any* definition for a mouse sander?
/google
Why yes, there is. "The peculiarly shaped pad in this sander
helps it to reach inside crevices, small corners, and other tight
spaces. For this reason, the sander is used frequently to sand
odd shapes, seams, corners, and most of the extremely small and
tight spots."
I knew that, having purchased and used one before.
You have clearly led a more active and varied life than I have.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Lynn McGuire
2021-09-17 22:27:34 UTC
"The Mouse Sander And The Coffee Cup" by Sarah Hoyt
https://accordingtohoyt.com/2021/09/17/the-mouse-sander-and-the-coffee-cup/
Cute time travel short story.
Yes. But is there *any* definition for a mouse sander?
/google
Why yes, there is. "The peculiarly shaped pad in this sander
helps it to reach inside crevices, small corners, and other tight
spaces. For this reason, the sander is used frequently to sand
odd shapes, seams, corners, and most of the extremely small and
tight spots."
I knew that, having purchased and used one before.
You have clearly led a more active and varied life than I have.
Never let a guy loose to walk around in Home Depot with a credit card.
Very dangerous to the bank account. After all, Home Depot has grocery
store sized carts for a reason.

Lynn
BCFD36
2021-09-17 23:48:39 UTC
[...]
There are reasons I am not allowed in a hardware store unescorted except
under emergency circumstances, e.g. broken stuff or replacement stuff.
Even then, it can get irrationally expensive.
--
Dave Scruggs
Captain, Boulder Creek Fire (Retired)
Sr. Software Engineer - Stellar Solutions (Definitely Retired)
Joe Pfeiffer
In my experience, that's when it gets *really* expensive.
Jack Bohn
2021-09-18 13:20:04 UTC
Post by BCFD36
[...]
I follow the opposite pattern, multiple quick trips as I find out I need more stuff.
-Jack
Dorothy J Heydt
2021-09-18 14:34:27 UTC
Post by BCFD36
[...]
If you can find the Object of Desire quickly, buy it and get the
hell out of the store before some other OoD catches your eye,
good for you. If not, take a friend along who doesn't speak
toolmania, and let them drag you out as soon as you've found the
current one.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Default User
2021-09-18 22:13:34 UTC
If you can find the Object of Desire quickly, buy it and get the
hell out of the store before some other OoD catches your eye,
good for you. If not, take a friend along who doesn't speak
toolmania, and let them drag you out as soon as you've found the
current one.
I really don't have a problem with impulse buying. I'm pretty thrifty
so going to a store usually results, at best, in what I went for.
Occasionally there will be something on markdown that I could use, but
that's relatively rare.

Brian

Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2021-09-17 23:03:59 UTC
"The Mouse Sander And The Coffee Cup" by Sarah Hoyt
https://accordingtohoyt.com/2021/09/17/the-mouse-sander-and-the
-coffee-cup/
Cute time travel short story.
Yes. But is there *any* definition for a mouse sander?
/google
Why yes, there is. "The peculiarly shaped pad in this sander
helps it to reach inside crevices, small corners, and other
tight spaces. For this reason, the sander is used frequently to
sand odd shapes, seams, corners, and most of the extremely
small and tight spots."
I knew that, having purchased and used one before.
I had to double check to be sure, since it's been a long time, but I
knew it, too, having sold them.

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)