[tor dot com] Five SF Precursors to Murderbot
2020-02-05 19:09:15 UTC
Five SF Precursors to Murderbot

https://www.tor.com/2020/02/05/five-sf-precursors-to-murderbot/
2020-02-06 04:17:54 UTC
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to
jamesdavisnicoll.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to
steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can
do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the
problem.
James Nicoll
2020-02-06 04:36:08 UTC
Post by Titus G
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead
Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to
jamesdavisnicoll.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to
steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.
What can you do about it?
The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can
do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the
problem.
I wonder if this has to do with the upgrade I was warned would happen
tonight? Would you please let me know if you get the same message
tomorrow?
Gary R. Schmidt
2020-02-06 06:40:21 UTC
Post by Titus G
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead
Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to
jamesdavisnicoll.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to
steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.
What can you do about it?
The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can
do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the
problem.
I wonder if this has to do with the upgrade I was warned would happen
tonight? Would you please let me know if you get the same message
tomorrow?
Most likely it was FF chundering on the "http". The site now
auto-frobnicates to "https" and all should be copacetic.

Cheers,
Gary B-)
Waiting for a new signature to suggest itself...
Carl Fink
2020-02-06 15:14:19 UTC
2020-02-06 15:19:09 UTC
Post by Titus G
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead
Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to
jamesdavisnicoll.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to
steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.
What can you do about it?
The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can
do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the
problem.
I wonder if this has to do with the upgrade I was warned would happen
tonight? Would you please let me know if you get the same message
tomorrow?
I tried to comment on your site before work this morning. I wrote my
message, filled in my personal info ... and my comment was replaced by a huge
blue arrow pointing to my right (stage left). My name was shown, as if I
had commented, but the actual comment is not shown, just a huge arrow.
("Stage left" there as a joke because James works in a theater.)
Sigh. I will pass this on to my web person.
2020-02-07 04:11:05 UTC
Post by Titus G
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead
Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to
jamesdavisnicoll.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to
steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.
What can you do about it?
The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can
do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the
problem.
I wonder if this has to do with the upgrade I was warned would happen
tonight? Would you please let me know if you get the same message
tomorrow?
Loaded (more slowly than expected) without problem today.

t***@gmail.com
2020-02-06 19:01:59 UTC
Five SF Precursors to Murderbot
https://www.tor.com/2020/02/05/five-sf-precursors-to-murderbot/
Neat - I've been enjoying looking at these thread titles and trying to guess
what you will mention. I went 0-for this one, expecting to see Fondly Fahrenheit,
having Frankenstein incorrectly categorized in my head, enjoying your inclusion
of City, and learning about the other three[1] that are new to me.

Tony
[1] Well, the Shepherd is not new to me as an author/title combination,
but I had no idea what it was about.