reviving a 2018 meme!
2020-05-12 16:58:10 UTC
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/
My results:

THE GOBLIN EMPEROR BY KATHERINE ADDISON (2014)
THE STOLEN LAKE BY JOAN AIKEN (1981)
FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BY HIROMU ARAKAWA (2001-2010)
YOKOHAMA KAIDASHI KIKŌ BY HITOSHI ASHINANO (1994-2006) [PARTIAL]
THE HANDMAID’S TALE BY MARGARET ATWOOD (1985)
STINZ: CHARGER: THE WAR STORIES BY DONNA BARR (1987)
THE SWORD AND THE SATCHEL BY ELIZABETH BOYER (1980)
GALACTIC SIBYL SUE BLUE BY ROSEL GEORGE BROWN (1968)
THE MOUNTAINS OF MOURNING BY LOIS MCMASTER BUJOLD (1989)
WAR FOR THE OAKS BY EMMA BULL (1987)
WILD SEED BY OCTAVIA E. BUTLER (1980)
NAAMAH’S CURSE BY JACQUELINE CAREY (2010)
THE FORTUNATE FALL BY RAPHAEL CARTER (1996)
THE LONG WAY TO A SMALL, ANGRY PLANET BY BECKY CHAMBERS (2015)
RED MOON AND BLACK MOUNTAIN BY JOY CHANT (1970)
THE VAMPIRE TAPESTRY BY SUZY MCKEE CHARNAS (1980)
GATE OF IVREL BY C.J. CHERRYH (1976)
SORCERER TO THE CROWN BY ZEN CHO (2015)
DIADEM FROM THE STARS BY JO CLAYTON (1977)
THE DARK IS RISING BY SUSAN COOPER (1973)
GENPEI BY KARA DALKEY (2000)
SERVANT OF THE UNDERWORLD BY ALIETTE DE BODARD (2010)
THE SECRET COUNTRY BY PAMELA DEAN (1985)
DHALGREN BY SAMUEL R. DELANY (1975)
THE DOOR INTO FIRE BY DIANE DUANE (1979)
ON THE EDGE OF GONE BY CORINNE DUYVIS (2016)
SPIRIT GATE BY KATE ELLIOTT (2006)
ENCHANTRESS FROM THE STARS BY SYLVIA LOUISE ENGDAHL (1970)
GOLDEN WITCHBREED BY MARY GENTLE (1983)
THE DAZZLE OF DAY BY MOLLY GLOSS (1997)
A MASK FOR THE GENERAL BY LISA GOLDSTEIN (1987)
SLOW RIVER BY NICOLA GRIFFITH (1995)
THOSE WHO HUNT THE NIGHT BY BARBARA HAMBLY (1988)
WINTERLONG BY ELIZABETH HAND (1990)
INGATHERING BY ZENNA HENDERSON (1995)
THE INTERIOR LIFE BY DOROTHY HEYDT (WRITING AS KATHERINE BLAKE, 1990)
GOD STALK BY P. C. HODGELL (1982)
BROWN GIRL IN THE RING BY NALO HOPKINSON (1998)
ZERO SUM GAME BY S.L. HUANG (2014)
BLOOD PRICE BY TANYA HUFF (1991)
THE KEEPER OF THE ISIS LIGHT BY MONICA HUGHES (1980)
GOD’S WAR BY KAMERON HURLEY (2011)
MEMORY OF WATER BY EMMI ITÄRANTA (2014)
THE FIFTH SEASON BY N. K. JEMISIN (2015)
CART AND CWIDDER BY DIANE WYNNE JONES (1975)
DAUGHTER OF MYSTERY BY HEATHER ROSE JONES (2014)
HELLSPARK BY JANET KAGAN (1988)
A VOICE OUT OF RAMAH BY LEE KILLOUGH (1979)
ST AILBE’S HALL BY NAOMI KRITZER (2004)
DERYNI RISING BY KATHERINE KURTZ (1970)
SWORDSPOINT BY ELLEN KUSHNER (1987)
A WRINKLE IN TIME BY MADELEINE L’ENGLE (1962)
MAGIC OR MADNESS BY JUSTINE LARBALESTIER (2005)
THE DISPOSSESSED BY URSULA K. LE GUIN (1974)
ANCILLARY JUSTICE BY ANN LECKIE (2013)
BITING THE SUN BY TANITH LEE (ALSO TITLED DRINKING SAPPHIRE WINE, 1979)
NINEFOX GAMBIT BY YOON HA LEE (2016)
WIZARD OF THE PIGEONS BY MEGAN LINDHOLM (1986)
ADAPTATION BY MALINDA LO (2012)
WATCHTOWER BY ELIZABETH A. LYNN (1979)
TEA WITH THE BLACK DRAGON BY R. A. MACAVOY (1983)
THE OUTBACK STARS BY SANDRA MCDONALD (2007)
CHINA MOUNTAIN ZHANG BY MAUREEN MCHUGH (1992)
DREAMSNAKE BY VONDA N. MCINTYRE (1978)
THE RIDDLE-MASTER OF HED BY PATRICIA A. MCKILLIP (1976)
LUD-IN-THE-MIST BY HOPE MIRRLEES (1926)
PENNTERRA BY JUDITH MOFFETT (1987)
THE ARCHANDROID BY JANELLE MONÁE (2010)
JIREL OF JOIRY BY C. L. MOORE (1969)
CERTAIN DARK THINGS BY SILVIA MORENO-GARCIA (2016)
THE CITY, NOT LONG AFTER BY PAT MURPHY (1989)
VAST BY LINDA NAGATA (1998)
GALACTIC DERELICT BY ANDRE NORTON (1959)
HIS MAJESTY’S DRAGON BY NAOMI NOVIK (2006)
DRAGON SWORD AND WIND CHILD BY NORIKO OGIWARA (1993)
OUTLAW SCHOOL BY REBECCA ORE (2000)
LAGOON BY NNEDI OKORAFOR (2014)
ALANNA: THE FIRST ADVENTURE BY TAMORA PIERCE (1983)
WOMAN ON THE EDGE OF TIME BY MARGE PIERCY (1976)
GODMOTHER NIGHT BY RACHEL POLLACK (1996)
GOBLIN MARKET BY CHRISTINA ROSSETTI (1859)
MY LIFE AS A WHITE TRASH ZOMBIE BY DIANA ROWLAND (2011)
THE FEMALE MAN BY JOANNA RUSS (1975)
STAY CRAZY BY ERIKA L. SATIFKA (2016)
THE HEALER’S WAR BY ELIZABETH ANN SCARBOROUGH (1988)
FIVE-TWELFTHS OF HEAVEN BY MELISSA SCOTT (1985)
EVERFAIR BY NISI SHAWL (2016)
FRANKENSTEIN BY MARY SHELLEY (1818)
A DOOR INTO OCEAN BY JOAN SLONCZEWSKI (1986)
THE CRYSTAL CAVE BY MARY STEWART (1970)
UP THE WALLS OF THE WORLD BY JAMES TIPTREE, JR. (1978)
THE THIEF BY MEGAN WHALEN TURNER (1996)
THE SNOW QUEEN BY JOAN D. VINGE (1980)
ALL SYSTEMS RED BY MARTHA WELLS (2017)
THE WELL-FAVORED MAN BY ELIZABETH WILLEY (1993)
BANNER OF SOULS BY LIZ WILLIAMS (2004)
ALIF THE UNSEEN BY G. WILLOW WILSON (2012)
ARIOSTO BY CHELSEA QUINN YARBRO (1980)
OOKU BY FUMI YOSHINAGA (2005-PRESENT)
Ross Presser
2020-05-12 17:43:12 UTC
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/
I should be ashamed to post this, but here are the only ones I've read.

WILD SEED BY OCTAVIA E. BUTLER (1980)
ZERO SUM GAME BY S.L. HUANG (2014)
A WRINKLE IN TIME BY MADELEINE L’ENGLE (1962)
JIREL OF JOIRY BY C. L. MOORE (1969)
FRANKENSTEIN BY MARY SHELLEY (1818)

I am certain that the Moore was due to a review of yours. The Huang
might be also. The others I had already read before I learned that
you exist.
Lynn McGuire
2020-05-12 18:37:03 UTC
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/

Didn't we say that there was too many women authors on the list in 2018 ?

2020-05-12 19:13:01 UTC
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/
Didn't we say that there was too many women authors on the list in 2018 ?
Who's "we"?
Jaimie Vandenbergh
2020-05-12 19:39:32 UTC
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/
Didn't we say that there was too many women authors on the list in 2018 ?
Who's "we"?
Betcha it's another old white guy.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"No flying cars yet?", he wrote from a 2 inch by 4 inch pocket computer
2020-05-12 19:43:41 UTC
Post by Jaimie Vandenbergh
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/
Didn't we say that there was too many women authors on the list in 2018 ?
Who's "we"?
Betcha it's another old white guy.
Cheers - Jaimie
If 59 is old then you tagged me.

I have read about a quarter of the list.

2020-05-12 20:16:55 UTC
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/
Didn't we say that there was too many women authors on the list in 2018 ?
Who's "we"?
Betcha it's another old white guy.
Hey, I'm married to an old (71) white guy, and he has no
objection to women authors.

(He'd better not.)
2020-05-12 22:39:59 UTC
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/
Didn't we say that there was too many women authors on the list in 2018 ?
Who's "we"?
Betcha it's another old white guy.
Hey, I'm married to an old (71) white guy, and he has no
objection to women authors.
(He'd better not.)
I would not be surprised if a quarter of my books were written by women:
Andre Norton, Mercedes Lackey, Kelley Armstrong, Marion Zimmer Bradley,
Syne Mitchell, Seanan McGuire, and quite a few others.

I have no objection to women authors. But a list that is 90% women
authors does not do the industry justice.

Lynn
Juho Julkunen
2020-05-12 23:06:28 UTC
I have no objection to women authors. But a list that is 90% women
authors does not do the industry justice.
So close to enlightenment.
Juho Julkunen
Robert Carnegie
2020-05-13 07:32:05 UTC
And metrosexuals :-) (For values of "we".)
Chris Buckley
2020-05-12 18:58:13 UTC
[...]
I've read all these (at least some of)
Chris
Robert Carnegie
2020-05-12 19:34:59 UTC
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/
...you wrote the list, right?
Post by James Nicoll
THE DARK IS RISING BY SUSAN COOPER (1973)
THE DOOR INTO FIRE BY DIANE DUANE (1979)
THOSE WHO HUNT THE NIGHT BY BARBARA HAMBLY (1988)
DERYNI RISING BY KATHERINE KURTZ (1970)
A WRINKLE IN TIME BY MADELEINE L’ENGLE (1962)
DREAMSNAKE BY VONDA N. MCINTYRE (1978)
THE SNOW QUEEN BY JOAN D. VINGE (1980)
During 2019: about none of these.

I thought I could read GOBLIN MARKET before
I replied but... I started and I kind of
don't care. The wrong approach.
Gary R. Schmidt
2020-05-13 04:31:30 UTC
[...]
I was rather surprised to see how many I had read :-)

Cheers,
Gary B-)
Waiting for a new signature to suggest itself...
David Goldfarb
2020-05-13 07:25:53 UTC
[...]
This very last one made the transition from Mt. Tsundoku to "read"
just recently. I deleted a couple of others (Cho, Rose Jones) that
are still waiting.
--
David Goldfarb |"Special agents have been employed to slow the
***@gmail.com | film down and grind it to a screeching halt."
h***@gmail.com
2020-05-13 08:17:51 UTC
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/
Have Read
Post by James Nicoll
THE MOUNTAINS OF MOURNING BY LOIS MCMASTER BUJOLD (1989)
GATE OF IVREL BY C.J. CHERRYH (1976)
THE DARK IS RISING BY SUSAN COOPER (1973)
ON THE EDGE OF GONE BY CORINNE DUYVIS (2016)
THE INTERIOR LIFE BY DOROTHY HEYDT (WRITING AS KATHERINE BLAKE, 1990)
BLOOD PRICE BY TANYA HUFF (1991)
SWORDSPOINT BY ELLEN KUSHNER (1987)
ANCILLARY JUSTICE BY ANN LECKIE (2013)
WIZARD OF THE PIGEONS BY MEGAN LINDHOLM (1986)
CHINA MOUNTAIN ZHANG BY MAUREEN MCHUGH (1992)
DREAMSNAKE BY VONDA N. MCINTYRE (1978)
HIS MAJESTY’S DRAGON BY NAOMI NOVIK (2006)
FRANKENSTEIN BY MARY SHELLEY (1818)
ALL SYSTEMS RED BY MARTHA WELLS (2017)
Own but haven't finished or haven't started
Mike Van Pelt
2020-05-13 18:58:57 UTC
THE MOUNTAINS OF MOURNING BY LOIS MCMASTER BUJOLD (1989)
INGATHERING BY ZENNA HENDERSON (1995)
A WRINKLE IN TIME BY MADELEINE L'ENGLE (1962)
DREAMSNAKE BY VONDA N. MCINTYRE (1978)
GALACTIC DERELICT BY ANDRE NORTON (1959)
--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane
KE6BVH | Ike on Surfside Beach in Galveston
-dsr-
2020-05-13 19:56:05 UTC
[...]
That's an album. I've listened to it, and the others' she's made
so far, but I wouldn't say I've read it.
Post by James Nicoll
JIREL OF JOIRY BY C. L. MOORE (1969)
VAST BY LINDA NAGATA (1998)
HIS MAJESTY’S DRAGON BY NAOMI NOVIK (2006)
OUTLAW SCHOOL BY REBECCA ORE (2000)
MY LIFE AS A WHITE TRASH ZOMBIE BY DIANA ROWLAND (2011)
FRANKENSTEIN BY MARY SHELLEY (1818)
A DOOR INTO OCEAN BY JOAN SLONCZEWSKI (1986)
THE CRYSTAL CAVE BY MARY STEWART (1970)
UP THE WALLS OF THE WORLD BY JAMES TIPTREE, JR. (1978)
THE THIEF BY MEGAN WHALEN TURNER (1996)
ALL SYSTEMS RED BY MARTHA WELLS (2017)
42's not bad.

-dsr-
Robert Carnegie
2020-05-13 20:48:19 UTC
Post by -dsr-
Post by James Nicoll
Reviving a 2018 meme:Uppercase all the titles you've read from this list!
https://www.tor.com/2018/12/27/100-sf-f-books-you-should-consider-reading-in-the-new-year/
THE ARCHANDROID BY JANELLE MONÁE (2010)
That's an album. I've listened to it, and the others' she's made
so far, but I wouldn't say I've read it.
<https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ZFQD0E> I think.
(The "Indie Bound" link from 2018 does not oblige.)

I wonder if she's wearing the unseen hat part of the latest
Girl Genius costume:

<http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20200508>

...also see the first lines of dialogue on the next page...
Mark Mandel