Hagar The Horrible: Dying In Vain
2021-07-06 19:39:04 UTC
Hagar The Horrible: Dying In Vain
https://www.comicskingdom.com/hagar-the-horrible/2021-07-06

Groan !

And yes, I thought immediately of Carly Simon.

2021-07-08 09:58:59 UTC
Hagar The Horrible: Dying In Vain
https://www.comicskingdom.com/hagar-the-horrible/2021-07-06
Groan !
And yes, I thought immediately of Carly Simon.
http://youtu.be/QNir1anaVu4
I always think of this video for that song:

John Savard
The Horny Goat
2021-09-15 17:00:52 UTC
On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 14:39:04 -0500, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
Hagar The Horrible: Dying In Vain
https://www.comicskingdom.com/hagar-the-horrible/2021-07-06
Groan !
I got a paywall when I tried that one
Post by Lynn McGuire
And yes, I thought immediately of Carly Simon.
http://youtu.be/QNir1anaVu4
Lynn
Was glad to hear she had confirmed the subject of that song was who
"everybody knew" it had been all along
Kevrob
2021-09-15 21:27:09 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
And yes, I thought immediately of Carly Simon.
http://youtu.be/QNir1anaVu4
Lynn
Was glad to hear she had confirmed the subject of that song was who
"everybody knew" it had been all along
The Comics Curmudgeon (Joshua Fruhlinger ) noted this one, so you
can find it at:

https://joshreads.com/2021/07/so-many-horribles/

Meh.
2021-09-15 23:06:43 UTC
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 5:27:11 PM UTC-4, Kevrob wrote:

[snip]
The Comics Curmudgeon (Joshua Fruhlinger ) noted this one, so you
https://joshreads.com/2021/07/so-many-horribles/
Meh.
Just the image:

2021-09-15 22:40:30 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
And yes, I thought immediately of Carly Simon.
http://youtu.be/QNir1anaVu4
Lynn
Was glad to hear she had confirmed the subject of that song was who
"everybody knew" it had been all along
Ain't it about three different guys? Each of whom
was probably thinking, "Hey, she wrote a song about me."
Dorothy J Heydt
2021-09-16 01:42:22 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
And yes, I thought immediately of Carly Simon.
http://youtu.be/QNir1anaVu4
Lynn
Was glad to hear she had confirmed the subject of that song was who
"everybody knew" it had been all along
Ain't it about three different guys? Each of whom
was probably thinking, "Hey, she wrote a song about me."
In that case, she's still right, they are all three terribly
vain.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Torbjorn Lindgren
2021-09-16 14:51:52 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
And yes, I thought immediately of Carly Simon.
http://youtu.be/QNir1anaVu4
Was glad to hear she had confirmed the subject of that song was who
"everybody knew" it had been all along
Ain't it about three different guys? Each of whom
was probably thinking, "Hey, she wrote a song about me."
She has confirmed verse *2* is about Warren Beatty, but hinted that
the other 3 verses might be about other people, or NOT.

So the Song references anything between 1 and 4 people, there's a long
list of possible candidates but a number of them has been specifically
ruled over the years by hints she has dropped.

Not sure there's enough remaining "well known" candidates to allow for
all 4 verses to reference different people but then there's no reason
they couldn't reference less well known people. But it could also all
be about Warren Beatty.

Which apparently did think the song was about him, and he was at least
partially correct. That doesn't necessarily imply that he IS vain, it
could just mean he knows SHE consider him vain!

That he thanked for the song does lean it towards one that though.

https://www.biography.com/news/carly-simon-youre-so-vain-inspiration