RIP L. Neil Smith
2021-08-30 21:09:41 UTC
Saw Sarah Hoyt reporting this, and WP agrees.

I haven't read anything by him in quite a while, but really enjoyed his
Win Bear books back in the day.

Too bad. Sigh.
2021-08-30 22:39:43 UTC
Saw Sarah Hoyt reporting this, and WP agrees.
I haven't read anything by him in quite a while, but really enjoyed his
Win Bear books back in the day.
Too bad. Sigh.
Sad. I have not read a single one of his books.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Neil_Smith

2021-08-30 23:23:17 UTC
Saw Sarah Hoyt reporting this, and WP agrees.
I haven't read anything by him in quite a while, but really enjoyed his
Win Bear books back in the day.
Too bad. Sigh.
Sad. I have not read a single one of his books.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Neil_Smith
[quote]

Goodbye, My Friend
Posted on August 30, 2021 by accordingtohoyt

I won’t insult his disbelief by positing an afterlife for him.

[/quote] - https://accordingtohoyt.com/2021/08/30/goodbye-my-friend/

See also:

https://everloved.com/life-of/lester-smith/

I'd recommend his books to Lynn. He was one of my favorites.
2021-08-31 05:07:20 UTC
Saw Sarah Hoyt reporting this, and WP agrees.
I haven't read anything by him in quite a while, but really enjoyed his
Win Bear books back in the day.
Too bad. Sigh.
Sad. I have not read a single one of his books.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Neil_Smith
I have read several of his, but the only one that I have reread was
_Their Majesties Bucketeers_.
2021-08-31 06:12:33 UTC
--
TMB is a weird little book, the weirdness being a feature, not a bug.
Ed Subitzky crossed with August Derleth?
Don
2021-09-01 13:18:40 UTC
Post by Robert Woodward
Saw Sarah Hoyt reporting this, and WP agrees.
I haven't read anything by him in quite a while, but really enjoyed his
Win Bear books back in the day.
Too bad. Sigh.
Sad. I have not read a single one of his books.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Neil_Smith
I have read several of his, but the only one that I have reread was
_Their Majesties Bucketeers_.
_The Probability Broach: The Graphic Novel_ is my only exposure to
Smith. So it took a while for me to remember Win Bear as Lieutenant
Edward William Bear's nickname.
Anyhow, about a decade ago the entire graphic novel was available at
https://www.bigheadpress.com/tpbtgn?page=0 (Both the host website and
its linked L. Neil Smith's website at https://ncc-1776.org/ , exude an
authentic, unique vibrancy found in the Inet's youth, before corporate
media's search engined, one-size-fits-all, design languaged krudzu
smothered everything in sight.)
At some point during the past decade, Big Head Press published print
and digital versions of _The Probability Broach: The Graphic Novel_. And
_The Probability Broach: The Graphic Novel_'s unabridged online content
was trimmed to thirty-six pages of preview.

Danke,
--
Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``. https://crcomp.net/reviews.php
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,.