Swan Eaters: Winnie's back !
2019-08-09 19:22:03 UTC
Swan Eaters: Winnie's back !
https://www.gocomics.com/swan-eaters/2019/08/09

Hopefully he will find the kids.

2019-08-09 22:43:04 UTC
Swan Eaters: Winnie's back !
https://www.gocomics.com/swan-eaters/2019/08/09
Hopefully he will find the kids.
As we've seen, he can't read, but he saw the diagram which (I
assume) he can decipher as "we're heading west."
2019-08-09 23:04:41 UTC
Swan Eaters: Winnie's back !
https://www.gocomics.com/swan-eaters/2019/08/09
Hopefully he will find the kids.
As we've seen, he can't read, but he saw the diagram which (I
assume) he can decipher as "we're heading west."
Did you see yesterday's strip ?
https://www.gocomics.com/swan-eaters/2019/08/07

I did not get why she has to get pregnant again ? Even the comments did
not makes sense (hormones, entrapment, survival of the species, etc).

2019-08-09 23:55:44 UTC
Swan Eaters: Winnie's back !
https://www.gocomics.com/swan-eaters/2019/08/09
Hopefully he will find the kids.
As we've seen, he can't read, but he saw the diagram which (I
assume) he can decipher as "we're heading west."
Did you see yesterday's strip ?
https://www.gocomics.com/swan-eaters/2019/08/07
I did not get why she has to get pregnant again ? Even the comments did
not makes sense (hormones, entrapment, survival of the species, etc).
Some women just *like* being pregnant. Having done it twice, I
cannot comprehend it, but to each her own.

There's a character in one of Jane Haddam's murder mysteries in
which a woman is dying of multiple sclerosis. She has six adult
children. She and everyone else knows she's dying, she can barely
move, and still what she keeps thinking that what would make her
really happy was to find out that she was pregnant again.

Now, mind you, she's every bit as fictional as Hester.
2019-08-10 00:56:09 UTC
[...]
My wife would have been pregnant a fourth time if I had agreed. The
first was stillborn and an emergency c-section after 24 hours of labor.
The baby doc begged her not have any more after the second and demanded
no more after the third (due to uterine damage from the first).

2019-08-10 02:19:31 UTC
[...]
That's sad, if she really wanted more. Still, better than her
dying (and leaving some young orphans).
2019-08-10 11:37:35 UTC
Swan Eaters: Winnie's back !
https://www.gocomics.com/swan-eaters/2019/08/09
Hopefully he will find the kids.
As we've seen, he can't read, but he saw the diagram which (I
assume) he can decipher as "we're heading west."
Did you see yesterday's strip ?
https://www.gocomics.com/swan-eaters/2019/08/07
I did not get why she has to get pregnant again ? Even the comments did
not makes sense (hormones, entrapment, survival of the species, etc).
Some women just *like* being pregnant. Having done it twice, I
cannot comprehend it, but to each her own.
Agreed; I haven't followed this story, but if there
isn't an established sinister reason, she just wants
either more pregnancy or more kids.

I think I only see quotes repeated at this shocking site
<https://celebritywit.com/archives/category/halle-berry>
Three given as from this particular lady, one sarcastic:

"The morning sickness and the vomiting and the
hot sweats — nothing's been bad about it.
I've loved every second of it."

One... huh?

"I want to stay pregnant forever."

Titles on-site are editorial responses.
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
There's a character in one of Jane Haddam's murder mysteries in
which a woman is dying of multiple sclerosis. She has six adult
children. She and everyone else knows she's dying, she can barely
move, and still what she keeps thinking that what would make her
really happy was to find out that she was pregnant again.
Now, mind you, she's every bit as fictional as Hester.
I suppose MS is still a thing that it takes a while to
die of.

Apparently there's evidence that if your MS stops
(in remission), it's less likely to start again
(relapse) during pregnancy - but more likely afterwards.
And that doesn't sound like the situation you described.
(When MS stops, you don't get better, particularly,
but you stop getting worse.)

And there's an idea that bringing human life into the world
is a response to the prospect of being taken out of it -
but that's suspiciously neat.
Dorothy J Heydt
2019-08-10 15:06:18 UTC
Swan Eaters: Winnie's back !
https://www.gocomics.com/swan-eaters/2019/08/09
Hopefully he will find the kids.
As we've seen, he can't read, but he saw the diagram which (I
assume) he can decipher as "we're heading west."
Did you see yesterday's strip ?
https://www.gocomics.com/swan-eaters/2019/08/07
I did not get why she has to get pregnant again ? Even the comments did
not makes sense (hormones, entrapment, survival of the species, etc).
Some women just *like* being pregnant. Having done it twice, I
cannot comprehend it, but to each her own.
Agreed; I haven't followed this story, but if there
isn't an established sinister reason, she just wants
either more pregnancy or more kids.
Probably the latter. Possibly both. It is a *weird* family.
Post by Robert Carnegie
I think I only see quotes repeated at this shocking site
<https://celebritywit.com/archives/category/halle-berry>
"The morning sickness and the vomiting and the
hot sweats — nothing's been bad about it.
I've loved every second of it."
One... huh?
"I want to stay pregnant forever."
Titles on-site are editorial responses.
My daughter participates in a very-little-theatre group that puts
on a play for West Kingdom Twelfth Night every year (except
they're skipping this year, not enough players). Coming up on
twelve years ago, Meg was visibly pregnant,* so they put in an
appropriate joke. I wish I could remember it verbatim, but it
was something like

Other Female Character: "Ooooh! We're pregnant!"

Meg: "WE??"

OFC: "Well, you know, the sisterhood of women."

Meg: "Listen, *sister,* YOU have the morning sickness, swollen
ankles, and backache, and then we can talk about "we."
There's a character in one of Jane Haddam's murder mysteries in
which a woman is dying of multiple sclerosis. She has six adult
children. She and everyone else knows she's dying, she can barely
move, and still what she keeps thinking that what would make her
really happy was to find out that she was pregnant again.
Now, mind you, she's every bit as fictional as Hester.
I suppose MS is still a thing that it takes a while to
die of.
I suppose.
Post by Robert Carnegie
Apparently there's evidence that if your MS stops
(in remission), it's less likely to start again
(relapse) during pregnancy - but more likely afterwards.
And that doesn't sound like the situation you described.
(When MS stops, you don't get better, particularly,
but you stop getting worse.)
And there's an idea that bringing human life into the world
is a response to the prospect of being taken out of it -
but that's suspiciously neat.
Well ... her older children are in their forties, so I don't
think she was ill back then, nor that that can have been her
motivation when she was carrying them.

But, I repeat, she's fictional.
Joy Beeson
2019-08-11 02:38:57 UTC
On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 18:04:41 -0500, Lynn McGuire
Post by Lynn McGuire
I did not get why she has to get pregnant again ?
Her baby is no longer a baby, so she wants a replacement.

Recall that Hester doesn't do any work, just spectates while other
people take care of her children, so there is no downside to adding to
her family.

She can't delegate the pregnancy, but she appears to be one of the
lucky few who have no complications.

(And being actually burdened probably makes her "I'm exhausted" act
more convincing.)
--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net