Over The Hedge: doesn't anyone knock anymore ?
2019-08-06 17:46:02 UTC
Over The Hedge: doesn't anyone knock anymore ?
https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2019/08/06

How rude !

Lynn
a***@yahoo.com
2019-08-06 18:00:40 UTC
Over The Hedge: doesn't anyone knock anymore ?
https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2019/08/06
How rude !
This reminds me of a joke I heard (From Joan Baez, no less, at a concert)

A wealthy woman brought a parrot and the parrot, upon entering the house said "This is a hell of a nice place you have here".
The woman said "We don't use language like that here. I am going to have to teach you a lesson". So she put the parrot into the fridge for 5 minutes.
Aftewards, the bird looked around and said "what a god-damn fancy kitchen you have here".
The woman, quite upset, said "Well, I guess that wasn't good enough. I am going to put you in the freezer until you learn you lesson.
The bird was put in the freezer and it took a moment before it could see anything. In the corner was a frozen chicken.
So the bird asked "What did you say "F!@K"?
Kevrob
2019-08-06 18:15:26 UTC
Over The Hedge: doesn't anyone knock anymore ?
https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2019/08/06
How rude !
{Avoiding joke, and nerding out instead.}

Box turtles like Verne are ectotherms. They hibernate* when it gets cold.
Refrigerators should chill to at least 38 F, and a box turtle should
not be exposed to less than 41 F for prolonged periods.

* Technically, "brumation."

Raccoons don't hibernate, but they sleep a lot in the winter,
weeks at a time. They might want to be sure they don't wind up
on their human neighbor's menu.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/cast-iron-chef/how-cook-raccoon-recipe-brined-bandit-and-sweet-potato-hash/

He shouldn't try to eat Verne, though.

[quote]

According to C. Kenneth Dodd's book "North American Box Turtles: A
Natural History," that probably isn't a good idea. The main problem
is that box turtles like to eat mushrooms, which in some locales can
amount to more than half of their diet. And some of the mushrooms they
like to eat are ones that are poisonous to humans. That means that if
you eat the turtle, you'd be getting a dose of those same toxins (which
for some reason, don't seem to make turtles sick).

[/quote]

https://animals.howstuffworks.com/reptiles/survival-ok-eat-box-turtle-wild-mushroom.htm