2020 Nebula Winners
j***@panix.com
2020-05-31 02:41:55 UTC
Novel

A Song for a New Day, Sarah Pinsker (Berkley)

Novella

This Is How You Lose the Time War, Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone (Saga)

Novelette

Carpe Glitter, Cat Rambo (Meerkat)

Short Story

Give the Family My Love, A.T. Greenblatt (Clarkesworld 2/19)

The Andre Norton Award for Outstanding Young Adult Science Fiction or Fantasy Book

Riverland, Fran Wilde (Amulet)

Game Writing

The Outer Worlds, Leonard Boyarsky, Megan Starks, Kate Dollarhyde, Chris
L'Etoile (Obsidian Entertainment)

The Ray Bradbury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation

Good Omens: Hard Times, Neil Gaiman (Amazon Studios/BBC Studios)

Kate Wilhelm Solstice Awards were presented to John Picacio and David Gaughran.

The Kevin J. O'Donnell, Jr., Service to SFWA Award was presented to Julia Rios.

The 35th Damon Knight Memorial Grand Master honor was presented to Lois McMaster Bujold.
J. Clarke
2020-05-31 03:03:50 UTC
Post by j***@panix.com
Novel
A Song for a New Day, Sarah Pinsker (Berkley)
Novella
This Is How You Lose the Time War, Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone (Saga)
Novelette
Carpe Glitter, Cat Rambo (Meerkat)
Short Story
Give the Family My Love, A.T. Greenblatt (Clarkesworld 2/19)
The Andre Norton Award for Outstanding Young Adult Science Fiction or Fantasy Book
Riverland, Fran Wilde (Amulet)
Game Writing
The Outer Worlds, Leonard Boyarsky, Megan Starks, Kate Dollarhyde, Chris
L'Etoile (Obsidian Entertainment)
Interesting game. For me not much replay value though. This is the
only item on this list that I have even heard of other than Good
Omens, which didn't grab me.
Carl Fink
2020-05-31 12:49:54 UTC
Post by j***@panix.com
The Outer Worlds, Leonard Boyarsky, Megan Starks, Kate Dollarhyde, Chris
L'Etoile (Obsidian Entertainment)
Interesting game. For me not much replay value though. This is the
only item on this list that I have even heard of other than Good
Omens, which didn't grab me.
You've never heard of Lois McMaster Bujold?

And really, you've never heard of This Is How You Lose The Time War? It's
probably the most discussed story of the past year. It's up next on my
reading list, mostly because my local library has it waitlisted. (Just got
the Hugo packet.)
--
Carl Fink ***@finknetwork.com
https://reasonablyliterate.com https://nitpicking.com
-Kenne Estes
James Nicoll
2020-05-31 13:26:52 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
Post by J. Clarke
Post by j***@panix.com
The Outer Worlds, Leonard Boyarsky, Megan Starks, Kate Dollarhyde, Chris
L'Etoile (Obsidian Entertainment)
Interesting game. For me not much replay value though. This is the
only item on this list that I have even heard of other than Good
Omens, which didn't grab me.
You've never heard of Lois McMaster Bujold?
And really, you've never heard of This Is How You Lose The Time War? It's
probably the most discussed story of the past year. It's up next on my
reading list, mostly because my local library has it waitlisted. (Just got
the Hugo packet.)
Am currently trying to download the Best Dramatic Presentation folder... It's a
good thing we live on this side of Moore's Law.

There are some weirdly huge text files in the other folders.
Carl Fink
2020-05-31 15:26:35 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
the Hugo packet.)
Am currently trying to download the Best Dramatic Presentation folder... It's a
good thing we live on this side of Moore's Law.
There are some weirdly huge text files in the other folders.
Did you notice that Best Fancast is almost as big as all the other
categories combined?
-Kenne Estes
James Nicoll
2020-05-31 17:32:32 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
Post by James Nicoll
Post by Carl Fink
the Hugo packet.)
Am currently trying to download the Best Dramatic Presentation folder... It's a
good thing we live on this side of Moore's Law.
There are some weirdly huge text files in the other folders.
Did you notice that Best Fancast is almost as big as all the other
categories combined?
Just before I decided not to try downloading it until I was the only one
awake, using the highspeed internet connection, yeah.
Magewolf
2020-05-31 14:23:26 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
Post by J. Clarke
Post by j***@panix.com
The Outer Worlds, Leonard Boyarsky, Megan Starks, Kate Dollarhyde, Chris
L'Etoile (Obsidian Entertainment)
Interesting game. For me not much replay value though. This is the
only item on this list that I have even heard of other than Good
Omens, which didn't grab me.
You've never heard of Lois McMaster Bujold?
And really, you've never heard of This Is How You Lose The Time War? It's
probably the most discussed story of the past year. It's up next on my
reading list, mostly because my local library has it waitlisted. (Just got
the Hugo packet.)
Lois McMaster Bujold is not an item the last time I looked.

This Is How You Lose The Time War did not go over that well with me but
I find Gladstone very hit or miss.
Carl Fink
2020-05-31 15:27:40 UTC
Post by Magewolf
Lois McMaster Bujold is not an item the last time I looked.
In the context of a list? Of course she is.
-Kenne Estes
Lawrence Watt-Evans
2020-06-01 03:15:56 UTC
Post by Carl Fink
Post by Magewolf
Lois McMaster Bujold is not an item the last time I looked.
In the context of a list? Of course she is.
Hey, she's a pretty fine item any time.
My latest novel is Stone Unturned: A Legend of Ethshar.
See http://www.ethshar.com/StoneUnturned.shtml
Moriarty
2020-05-31 22:35:04 UTC
On Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 12:41:57 PM UTC+10, ***@panix.com wrote:

<snip>
Post by j***@panix.com
The 35th Damon Knight Memorial Grand Master honor was presented to Lois McMaster Bujold.
For some reason, I thought she'd already been named a GM. Well deserved.

-Moriarty
a***@msn.com
2020-05-31 22:57:42 UTC
Post by Moriarty
<snip>
Her grandmastership was announced in December last year, but this weekend was the official presentation.
Moriarty
2020-05-31 23:07:31 UTC
Post by a***@msn.com
Post by Moriarty
<snip>
Post by j***@panix.com
The 35th Damon Knight Memorial Grand Master honor was presented to Lois McMaster Bujold.
For some reason, I thought she'd already been named a GM. Well deserved.
Her grandmastership was announced in December last year, but this weekend was the official presentation.
Oh right, thanks! That's what got me confused. Well that, and it's Monday morning.

-Moriarty
a***@msn.com
2020-05-31 23:08:27 UTC
Post by Moriarty
Post by a***@msn.com
Post by Moriarty
<snip>
Post by j***@panix.com
The 35th Damon Knight Memorial Grand Master honor was presented to Lois McMaster Bujold.
For some reason, I thought she'd already been named a GM. Well deserved.
Her grandmastership was announced in December last year, but this weekend was the official presentation.
Oh right, thanks! That's what got me confused. Well that, and it's Monday morning.
No problem. I was confused, too, last night.