So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Add Reply
Lawrence Watt-Evans
2021-09-07 04:46:08 UTC
Well, folks, due to software issues and after some thought, I've
decided that Usenet is no longer worth the trouble, so I'm out of
here.

For one thing, over half the messages I download are marked "read" by
my filters.

It's been fun.
My latest novel is Tom Derringer & the Steam-Powered Saurians.
Moriarty
2021-09-07 04:58:05 UTC
Post by Lawrence Watt-Evans
Well, folks, due to software issues and after some thought, I've
decided that Usenet is no longer worth the trouble, so I'm out of
here.
For one thing, over half the messages I download are marked "read" by
my filters.
It's been fun.
Bye, and thanks for your contributions over the years.

-Moriarty
Moriarty
2021-09-07 05:18:53 UTC
Post by Moriarty
Post by Lawrence Watt-Evans
Well, folks, due to software issues and after some thought, I've
decided that Usenet is no longer worth the trouble, so I'm out of
here.
For one thing, over half the messages I download are marked "read" by
my filters.
It's been fun.
Bye, and thanks for your contributions over the years.
Oh yeah, and thanks for the following, which I only read due to your recommendations:

Sandman - you waxed lyrical about it in 2016 or 2017, so I bought volumes 1 and 3 for a taste. Damn, but they're good.
The Chrysalids - John Wyndham. I once opined that Triffids was Wyndham's best and you suggested Chrysalids instead. I think you're wrong but I had to read Chrysalids to find out!

In addition, I only read your books because of your posting in rasfw.

SLATFATF.

-Moriarty
Lynn McGuire

pete...@gmail.com
2021-09-07 10:57:16 UTC
Post by Lawrence Watt-Evans
Well, folks, due to software issues and after some thought, I've
decided that Usenet is no longer worth the trouble, so I'm out of
here.
For one thing, over half the messages I download are marked "read" by
my filters.
It's been fun.
Sorry to hear that. Where, besides FB, are you active?

Pt
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
Tony Nance
2021-09-07 13:11:41 UTC
Post by Lawrence Watt-Evans
Well, folks, due to software issues and after some thought, I've
decided that Usenet is no longer worth the trouble, so I'm out of
here.
For one thing, over half the messages I download are marked "read" by
my filters.
It's been fun.
Sad to see you go - I greatly appreciated your contributions and interactions.
If the tech things clear up, c'mon back!

Tony
Michael F. Stemper
2021-09-07 13:23:53 UTC
Post by Lawrence Watt-Evans
Well, folks, due to software issues and after some thought, I've
decided that Usenet is no longer worth the trouble, so I'm out of
here.
I'm sorry to hear that. You will be missed.
--
Michael F. Stemper
No animals were harmed in the composition of this message.