Pearls Before Swine: Damned if you Dew
2021-07-19 04:43:44 UTC
Pearls Before Swine: Damned if you Dew
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/07/18

Oh my !

2021-07-20 08:36:46 UTC
Pearls Before Swine: Damned if you Dew
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/07/18
Oh my !
"...and them that refuse it are few...."

Michael Trew
2021-07-20 15:15:45 UTC
Pearls Before Swine: Damned if you Dew
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/07/18
Oh my !
Lynn
Heh... I was never able to tolerate Mountain Dew either.
J. Clarke
2021-07-20 15:50:03 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Lynn McGuire
Pearls Before Swine: Damned if you Dew
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/07/18
Oh my !
Lynn
Heh... I was never able to tolerate Mountain Dew either.
I gotta keep away from that stuff. One drink and the whole case is
gone.
Dorothy J Heydt
2021-07-20 20:43:08 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Lynn McGuire
Pearls Before Swine: Damned if you Dew
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/07/18
Oh my !
Lynn
Heh... I was never able to tolerate Mountain Dew either.
My son-in-law likes it, Cat knows why. Although he's recently
switched to root beer.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2021-07-21 16:19:40 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Lynn McGuire
Pearls Before Swine: Damned if you Dew
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/07/18
Oh my !
Lynn
Heh... I was never able to tolerate Mountain Dew either.
My son-in-law likes it, Cat knows why. Although he's recently
switched to root beer.
I wonder if he'll be able to stay awake long enough to finish a mug.
OTOH, there are eleventy-tens kinds of root beer, probably even
some caffienated ones..
Mark Jackson
2021-07-21 16:54:31 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Lynn McGuire
Pearls Before Swine: Damned if you Dew
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/07/18
Oh my !
Heh... I was never able to tolerate Mountain Dew either.
My son-in-law likes it, Cat knows why. Although he's recently
switched to root beer.
I wonder if he'll be able to stay awake long enough to finish a mug.
OTOH, there are eleventy-tens kinds of root beer, probably even
some caffienated ones..
"Barq's has bite."
--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
We rejected the inclusion of burnout in DSM-IV, because it is
- Allen Frances
Dorothy J Heydt
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Mark Jackson
2021-07-21 17:30:48 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
"Barq's has bite."
Which means?
. . .Barq's root beer (which used that advertising catch-phrase widely a
while back) famously does.
- Allen Frances
Dorothy J Heydt
2021-07-21 19:01:26 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Mark Jackson
"Barq's has bite."
Which means?
. . .Barq's root beer (which used that advertising catch-phrase widely a
while back) famously does.
Well, I've tasted Barq's (not recently, it contains sugar), and I
remember it was very good, but I wouldn't say it bit.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Kevrob
2021-07-23 08:37:00 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by Dorothy J Heydt
Post by Mark Jackson
"Barq's has bite."
Which means?
. . .Barq's root beer (which used that advertising catch-phrase widely a
while back) famously does.
Well, I've tasted Barq's (not recently, it contains sugar), and I
remember it was very good, but I wouldn't say it bit.
--
There's a diet version, which seems to be caffeine-free.

https://www.barqs.com/products/diet-root-beer

I like a good root beer, but I've taken to diet birch beer,
and diet cream soda.

The "good stuff" -

https://www.foxonpark.com/products/diet-white-birch-soda-12oz-case-of-12

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Brown%27s
2021-07-21 17:07:15 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Post by Lynn McGuire
Pearls Before Swine: Damned if you Dew
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/07/18
Oh my !
Lynn
Heh... I was never able to tolerate Mountain Dew either.
My son-in-law likes it, Cat knows why. Although he's recently
switched to root beer.
I wonder if he'll be able to stay awake long enough to finish a mug.
OTOH, there are eleventy-tens kinds of root beer, probably even
some caffienated ones..
I've known him the better part of twenty years, and I've never
known him to get sleepy from MD. Nor from root beer. He also
drinks tea, which does contain caffeine (well, theine, but it's
essentially the same).
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Mark Jackson
2021-07-21 17:29:32 UTC
Post by Michael Trew
Heh... I was never able to tolerate Mountain Dew either.
My son-in-law likes it, Cat knows why. Although he's recently
switched to root beer.
I wonder if he'll be able to stay awake long enough to finish a mug.
OTOH, there are eleventy-tens kinds of root beer, probably even
some caffienated ones..
I've known him the better part of twenty years, and I've never
known him to get sleepy from MD. Nor from root beer. He also
drinks tea, which does contain caffeine (well, theine, but it's
essentially the same).
You do know that MD contains more caffeine than most soft drinks, don't you?

https://www.math.utah.edu/~yplee/fun/caffeine.html

That was the point of Ted's comment, since most root beer does not. On
the other hand. . . .
- Allen Frances
Dorothy J Heydt
2021-07-21 19:02:31 UTC
Post by Mark Jackson
Post by Michael Trew
Heh... I was never able to tolerate Mountain Dew either.
My son-in-law likes it, Cat knows why. Although he's recently
switched to root beer.
I wonder if he'll be able to stay awake long enough to finish a mug.
OTOH, there are eleventy-tens kinds of root beer, probably even
some caffienated ones..
I've known him the better part of twenty years, and I've never
known him to get sleepy from MD. Nor from root beer. He also
drinks tea, which does contain caffeine (well, theine, but it's
essentially the same).
You do know that MD contains more caffeine than most soft drinks, don't you?
No, I didn't. You learn something new every day.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/