[translation] D.Grayman, book 1 by Katsura Hoshino
2018-11-28 15:15:18 UTC
D.Grayman, book 1 by Katsura Hoshino

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-killer-in-their-eyes
Ahasuerus
2018-11-28 18:09:35 UTC
D.Grayman, book 1 by Katsura Hoshino
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-killer-in-their-eyes
Aware that humans would not willingly participate in their own
annihilation [snip]
Goes to show how much he knows!
Dimensional Traveler
2018-11-28 18:31:26 UTC
Post by Ahasuerus
Post by James Nicoll
D.Grayman, book 1 by Katsura Hoshino
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-killer-in-their-eyes
Aware that humans would not willingly participate in their own
annihilation [snip]
Goes to show how much he knows!
"We have factories to pump pollutants into our atmosphere to weed out
those with weak lungs! We detonate ATOMIC WEAPONS in our ONLY biosphere!
WE'RE the guys who NAILED our GOD to a TREE! Do not F**K with the Human
Race!" -- Robert Fenelon, playing a character derived from General
Nicolai from "Illegal Aliens", explaining to an alien that his assertion
that humanity would not fight the invasion because no sane species would
risk the damage to its homeworld's environment contained a rather fatal
assumption.
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
2018-11-29 01:23:17 UTC
Post by Ahasuerus
Post by James Nicoll
D.Grayman, book 1 by Katsura Hoshino
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-killer-in-their-eyes
Aware that humans would not willingly participate in their own
annihilation [snip]
Goes to show how much he knows!
"We have factories to pump pollutants into our atmosphere to weed out
those with weak lungs! We detonate ATOMIC WEAPONS in our ONLY biosphere!
WE'RE the guys who NAILED our GOD to a TREE! Do not F**K with the Human
Race!" -- Robert Fenelon, playing a character derived from General
Nicolai from "Illegal Aliens", explaining to an alien that his assertion
that humanity would not fight the invasion because no sane species would
risk the damage to its homeworld's environment contained a rather fatal
assumption.
It's amazing how far that quote has spread. Rob must be very proud. I
really wanted to work that quote into the Arenaverse, but I had to
settle for just inserting Rob into the universe instead.
--
Sea Wasp
/^\
http://seawasp.dreamwidth.org
Dimensional Traveler
2018-11-29 03:51:52 UTC
Post by Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Ahasuerus
Post by James Nicoll
[...]
I've always liked the "WE'RE the guys who NAILED our GOD to a TREE!"
bit. It hammers the point in rather well. :)