[translation] Rising of the Shield Hero by Aiya Kyu & Aneko Yusagi
2020-02-06 15:15:10 UTC
Rising of the Shield Hero by Aiya Kyu & Aneko Yusagi

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/it-dont-touch-you-none
Magewolf
2020-02-06 17:55:49 UTC
Rising of the Shield Hero by Aiya Kyu & Aneko Yusagi
https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/it-dont-touch-you-none
I remember when the novels(webnovels? I can not remember) were first
coming out it got a big buzz so I read a few. The big narrative problem
was all the idiot plotting. The three other heroes had to be idiots to
let the plot happen and shield hero had to be an idiot to not find out
common knowledge that would have sent the plot in a wildly different
direction.

I think the writer came up with the gimmick "Lets have a summoned Hero
that everyone treats like crap but he shows them that he is actually the
bestest" but did not have the experience to plan the two "turns"(Why
would people treat a Hero they went to the trouble of summoning and need
like crap? How would said Hero show them he was the bestest?) out
right. So he ended up with a needlessly complex plot to explain why
things turned out as they did.