"19 Best Genetic Engineering Science Fiction Books"
2018-11-05 06:46:36 UTC
"19 Best Genetic Engineering Science Fiction Books"

https://best-sci-fi-books.com/19-best-genetic-engineering-science-fiction-books/

I have read six of these. One of Dorothy's favorite books is in the
list (judging by her server name).

Lynn
David Goldfarb
2018-11-05 07:43:57 UTC
I have read six of these. One of Dorothy's favorite books is in the
list (judging by her server name).
I've read ten. A couple of the ones I've read, I wonder what they're
doing in the list: _The Player of Games_ is a fine book, but what
does it have to do with genetic engineering?

_Startide Rising_ is one of Sean Eric Fagan's favorite books, not
one of Dorothy's. Do you imagine that she runs her own server?
--
David Goldfarb | Nunc, Pince, tibi nocendus sum.
***@gmail.com |
***@ocf.berkeley.edu | -- Aniinsani
J. Clarke
2018-11-06 03:09:36 UTC
Post by David Goldfarb
Post by Lynn McGuire
I have read six of these. One of Dorothy's favorite books is in the
list (judging by her server name).
I've read ten. A couple of the ones I've read, I wonder what they're
doing in the list: _The Player of Games_ is a fine book, but what
does it have to do with genetic engineering?
_Startide Rising_ is one of Sean Eric Fagan's favorite books, not
one of Dorothy's. Do you imagine that she runs her own server?
You are aware, are you not, that a single server can host many web
sites with different domain names?
Steve Dodds
2018-11-05 13:44:54 UTC
"19 Best Genetic Engineering Science Fiction Books"
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/19-best-genetic-engineering-science-fiction-books/
I have read six of these.  One of Dorothy's favorite books is in the
list (judging by her server name).
Lynn
I have read a few of them, but one book that is missing, and should be
at the top of the list is The Changling Plague By Syne Mitchell.

Steve
Dorothy J Heydt
2018-11-05 13:59:19 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
I have read six of these.  One of Dorothy's favorite books is in the
list (judging by her server name).
Actually, it's one of my sysop's favorite books. :)
2018-11-05 18:10:41 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
I have read six of these.  One of Dorothy's favorite books is in the
list (judging by her server name).
Actually, it's one of my sysop's favorite books. :)
Gotcha. Still cool !

Lynn
a***@yahoo.com
2018-11-05 14:06:00 UTC
Post by Steve Dodds
I have read a few of them, but one book that is missing, and should be
at the top of the list is The Changling Plague By Syne Mitchell.
But definitely not "The White Plague" by Frank Herbert

Another omission is "Brain Child" by George Turner.
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2018-11-05 17:45:09 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Steve Dodds
I have read a few of them, but one book that is missing, and should be
at the top of the list is The Changling Plague By Syne Mitchell.
But definitely not "The White Plague" by Frank Herbert
Another omission is "Brain Child" by George Turner.
Were Slans a natural mutation, or genies?

The Ler were definitely genies.
2018-11-05 18:56:01 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Steve Dodds
I have read a few of them, but one book that is missing, and should be
at the top of the list is The Changling Plague By Syne Mitchell.
But definitely not "The White Plague" by Frank Herbert
Another omission is "Brain Child" by George Turner.
Were Slans a natural mutation, or genies?
I believe Slans were mutation.
p***@hotmail.com
2018-11-06 04:52:51 UTC
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Steve Dodds
I have read a few of them, but one book that is missing, and should be
at the top of the list is The Changling Plague By Syne Mitchell.
But definitely not "The White Plague" by Frank Herbert
Another omission is "Brain Child" by George Turner.
Were Slans a natural mutation, or genies?
In the popular mind, Samuel Lann had created the slan through the
use of his "mutation machine". When Jomy Cross had access to Samuel
Lann's journals he found that the slan were a naturally occurring
mutation. Lann recognized them and helped them to survive and thrive.

Peter Wezeman
anti-social Darwinist
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2018-11-06 05:10:59 UTC
Post by p***@hotmail.com
Post by Ted Nolan <tednolan>
Post by a***@yahoo.com
Post by Steve Dodds
I have read a few of them, but one book that is missing, and should be
at the top of the list is The Changling Plague By Syne Mitchell.
But definitely not "The White Plague" by Frank Herbert
Another omission is "Brain Child" by George Turner.
Were Slans a natural mutation, or genies?
In the popular mind, Samuel Lann had created the slan through the
use of his "mutation machine". When Jomy Cross had access to Samuel
Lann's journals he found that the slan were a naturally occurring
mutation. Lann recognized them and helped them to survive and thrive.
Peter Wezeman
anti-social Darwinist
Thanks!

Got to move that one up on my van Vogt re-reads.
2018-11-05 14:01:02 UTC
"19 Best Genetic Engineering Science Fiction Books"
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/19-best-genetic-engineering-science-fiction-books/
I have read six of these. One of Dorothy's favorite books is in the
list (judging by her server name).
I've read 8, but agree with others that the title is misleading - there's no genetic engineering in either 'Brave New World' (there
is post-conception somatic engineering), nor in 'Accelerando' (its
all tech, not genetic).

I guess '19 Best Books about Changing What It Is To Be Human'
didn't roll off the tongue.

"human modification" has the same number of syllables.
Lynn McGuire
2018-11-05 20:08:59 UTC
"19 Best Genetic Engineering Science Fiction Books"
https://best-sci-fi-books.com/19-best-genetic-engineering-science-fiction-books/
I have read six of these.  One of Dorothy's favorite books is in the
list (judging by her server name).
Lynn
I am reading a reverse on the genetic engineering story now. An alien
crash lands on the Earth and converts herself to a human to fit in.
https://www.amazon.com/Human-Choice-Travis-S-Taylor/dp/1606190474/

2018-11-17 11:31:55 UTC
Post by Lynn McGuire
I have read six of these. One of Dorothy's favorite books is in the
list (judging by her server name).
You're probably aware she does NOT run or own the server her stuff is on?

Dave, also, they could've made it an even 20 by including Daniel Keys Moran,
whose works look to be better than at least three or four of the ones they
have displayed there