Lesser problems in Urban Fantasy
2020-01-23 05:39:43 UTC
https://www.comicskingdom.com/bizarro/2020-01-22
2020-01-23 18:43:46 UTC
https://www.comicskingdom.com/bizarro/2020-01-22
--
616? :)

2020-01-23 21:56:01 UTC
https://www.comicskingdom.com/bizarro/2020-01-22
--
616? :)
Kevin R
I had to think a while till I guessed the number.
Then I looked at site comments and it looks like
most people got their first.
Lynn McGuire
2020-01-23 18:45:50 UTC
https://www.comicskingdom.com/bizarro/2020-01-22
I've been binge watching Lucifer on Netflix. He has way bigger problems
getting back in to Hell. And he keeps on cutting off his wings so he
cannot go back without dying on Earth.

2020-01-23 18:51:03 UTC
https://www.comicskingdom.com/bizarro/2020-01-22
I've been binge watching Lucifer on Netflix. He has way bigger problems
getting back in to Hell. And he keeps on cutting off his wings so he
cannot go back without dying on Earth.
Lynn
Is that based on the DC Comics Lucifer, or an original?
2020-01-23 19:08:51 UTC
https://www.comicskingdom.com/bizarro/2020-01-22
I've been binge watching Lucifer on Netflix. He has way bigger problems
getting back in to Hell. And he keeps on cutting off his wings so he
cannot go back without dying on Earth.
Lynn
Is that based on the DC Comics Lucifer, or an original?
DC Comics Lucifer. It was on Fox for three seasons and Netflix added
two more seasons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer_(TV_series)

2020-01-23 19:20:00 UTC
https://www.comicskingdom.com/bizarro/2020-01-22
I've been binge watching Lucifer on Netflix. He has way bigger problems
getting back in to Hell. And he keeps on cutting off his wings so he
cannot go back without dying on Earth.
Lynn
Is that based on the DC Comics Lucifer, or an original?
DC Comics Lucifer. It was on Fox for three seasons and Netflix added
two more seasons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer_(TV_series)
Lynn
Ah, OK. I liked it when Gaiman did him in Sandman, and I think I read a
few issues of the comic. I just find I watch very little video at home.
Moriarty
2020-01-23 20:44:42 UTC
https://www.comicskingdom.com/bizarro/2020-01-22
I've been binge watching Lucifer on Netflix. He has way bigger problems
getting back in to Hell. And he keeps on cutting off his wings so he
cannot go back without dying on Earth.
Lynn
Is that based on the DC Comics Lucifer, or an original?
DC Comics Lucifer. It was on Fox for three seasons and Netflix added
two more seasons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer_(TV_series)
Lynn
Ah, OK. I liked it when Gaiman did him in Sandman, and I think I read a
few issues of the comic. I just find I watch very little video at home.
It's not bad at all. The guy who plays Lucifer does so with just the right mix of humour and menace. The support cast are all pretty good too. Some of the storylines are great while others are... not.

It's based on the Gaiman character from Sandman, in that it picks up the story of Lucifer where Gaiman left him in Sandman, running a nightclub in LA with loyal sidekick Mazikeen. Gaimian had very little to do with it but does make a guest appearance at one point playing the part of God.

It lost its way a bit in season 3 and got cancelled. Netflix picked it up and season 4 was only 10 episodes and much more focused for it.

It's been renewed for a fifth and final season, which I'll be watching.

-Moriarty
h***@gmail.com
2020-01-23 23:33:19 UTC
Post by Moriarty
[...]
There was a Lucifer comic series after he was introduced by Gaimon, done by Mike Carey.
I'm not sure how much the tv series borrows from it
James Nicoll
2020-01-23 19:16:19 UTC
https://www.comicskingdom.com/bizarro/2020-01-22
I've been binge watching Lucifer on Netflix. He has way bigger problems
getting back in to Hell. And he keeps on cutting off his wings so he
cannot go back without dying on Earth.
Lynn
Is that based on the DC Comics Lucifer, or an original?
Loosely based on the title of DC Comics Lucifer.
David Goldfarb
2020-01-28 05:05:36 UTC
Is that based on the DC Comics Lucifer, or an original?
Loosely based on the title of DC Comics Lucifer.
I think it worth noting that the TV Lucifer made a cameo appearance
in the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover event, so he inhabits the
same multiverse as Supergirl, the Flash, and the various other DC
shows and movies.
--
David Goldfarb | "Life is a simile."
***@gmail.com |
***@ocf.berkeley.edu | -- Terry Carr
David Johnston
Very, very loosely based.
m***@sky.com
Cutting off the wings reminds me of the movie Dogma. Is there any connection, or some common source?
James Nicoll
2020-01-23 20:21:40 UTC
Post by m***@sky.com
https://www.comicskingdom.com/bizarro/2020-01-22
I've been binge watching Lucifer on Netflix. He has way bigger problems
getting back in to Hell. And he keeps on cutting off his wings so he
cannot go back without dying on Earth.
Lynn
Cutting off the wings reminds me of the movie Dogma. Is there any connection, or some common source?
Both drawn on a systemitized folk lore that seems to be someone's fanfic about a Greek Mystery
Cult drawing on a variety of sources. Sort of a Judaism as seen from the outside/Osiris mash-
up. Central figure is a total Marty Stu.