Salvatore Pais == Nels Bergenholm
Dan Tilque
2019-10-15 07:40:20 UTC
If any of Salvatore Pais' inventions work out, there's no question. For
those who haven't heard of him, check out

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/salvatore-cezar-pais

Note #3: Craft using an inertial mass reduction device

And that page doesn't mention the latest invention, a compact fusion
reactor that will generate over a gigawatt of power! So Pais isn't
human; he's a human-shaped life-form activated by superior alien beings.
It's the only explanation.
Dan Tilque
-dsr-
2019-10-15 17:52:48 UTC
Post by Dan Tilque
If any of Salvatore Pais' inventions work out, there's no question. For
those who haven't heard of him, check out
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/salvatore-cezar-pais
Note #3: Craft using an inertial mass reduction device
And that page doesn't mention the latest invention, a compact fusion
reactor that will generate over a gigawatt of power! So Pais isn't
human; he's a human-shaped life-form activated by superior alien beings.
It's the only explanation.
None of this would happen if the Patent Office required a working model
of every invention.

Just saying.
--
https://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.
there is no justice, there is just us.
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2019-10-15 20:06:31 UTC
Post by -dsr-
Post by Dan Tilque
If any of Salvatore Pais' inventions work out, there's no question. For
those who haven't heard of him, check out
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/salvatore-cezar-pais
Note #3: Craft using an inertial mass reduction device
And that page doesn't mention the latest invention, a compact fusion
reactor that will generate over a gigawatt of power! So Pais isn't
human; he's a human-shaped life-form activated by superior alien beings.
It's the only explanation.
None of this would happen if the Patent Office required a working model
of every invention.
Just saying.
Many of the inventions that are patented can't have a "working model".
They are for techniques and other such inventions.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"
Peter Trei
2019-10-16 01:07:44 UTC
Post by -dsr-
Post by Dan Tilque
If any of Salvatore Pais' inventions work out, there's no question. For
those who haven't heard of him, check out
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/salvatore-cezar-pais
Note #3: Craft using an inertial mass reduction device
And that page doesn't mention the latest invention, a compact fusion
reactor that will generate over a gigawatt of power! So Pais isn't
human; he's a human-shaped life-form activated by superior alien beings.
It's the only explanation.
None of this would happen if the Patent Office required a working model
of every invention.
Just saying.
Many of the inventions that are patented can't have a "working model".
They are for techniques and other such inventions.
If you haven't looked at this list of patents, do so. At least some of the items, such as the room temperature superconductor, would both demonstrable and revolutionary if real. The guy seems to have a fixation on 'vibrations' making all his claims work, which is a bad sign.

Pt
Moriarty
2019-10-16 00:22:57 UTC
Post by Dan Tilque
If any of Salvatore Pais' inventions work out, there's no question. For
those who haven't heard of him, check out
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/salvatore-cezar-pais
Note #3: Craft using an inertial mass reduction device
And that page doesn't mention the latest invention, a compact fusion
reactor that will generate over a gigawatt of power!
1.21 gigawatts perchance?

-Moriarty
Dan Tilque
2019-10-16 04:33:13 UTC
Post by Moriarty
Post by Dan Tilque
If any of Salvatore Pais' inventions work out, there's no question. For
those who haven't heard of him, check out
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/salvatore-cezar-pais
Note #3: Craft using an inertial mass reduction device
And that page doesn't mention the latest invention, a compact fusion
reactor that will generate over a gigawatt of power!
1.21 gigawatts perchance?
Well, if he produces a small version, small enough to fit in the back of
a gull-wing-door car (say a Tesla Model X), we'll have an idea of where
he's going next....
Dan Tilque
Scott Lurndal
Surely that's jigawatts...
Kevrob
2019-10-16 21:55:09 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Moriarty
Post by Dan Tilque
If any of Salvatore Pais' inventions work out, there's no question. For
those who haven't heard of him, check out
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/salvatore-cezar-pais
Note #3: Craft using an inertial mass reduction device
And that page doesn't mention the latest invention, a compact fusion
reactor that will generate over a gigawatt of power!
1.21 gigawatts perchance?
Surely that's jigawatts...
"Soft g," as in "giant?"

Kevin R
a.a #2310
Scott Lurndal
Whooosh!
Kevrob
2019-10-16 22:34:28 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Kevrob
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by Moriarty
Post by Dan Tilque
If any of Salvatore Pais' inventions work out, there's no question. For
those who haven't heard of him, check out
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/salvatore-cezar-pais
Note #3: Craft using an inertial mass reduction device
And that page doesn't mention the latest invention, a compact fusion
reactor that will generate over a gigawatt of power!
1.21 gigawatts perchance?
Surely that's jigawatts...
"Soft g," as in "giant?"
Whooosh!
Is that the sound of an airborne DeLorean at 88 mph?

Where, in BTTF, is the _spelling_ given?

2019-10-16 22:40:26 UTC
On 10/16/2019 5:34 PM, Kevrob wrote:

Nothing ?

2019-10-16 22:43:32 UTC
Nothing ?
Lynn
Is the problem on your end?

<2c56f18e-239e-41ae-9401-***@googlegroups.com>

http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3C2c56f18e-239e-41ae-9401-2f333d23c43c%40googlegroups.com%3E

Check Knight's page and you will see my content posted.

Kevin R
The Doctor
2019-10-17 00:17:10 UTC
In article <cf9cdb50-0ca3-43e3-9fde-***@googlegroups.com>,
Kevrob <***@my-deja.com> wrote:

16 lines - no content.
Canada - Choose Forward on 21 Oct 2019 !
Chrysi Cat
2019-10-17 00:34:20 UTC
Post by The Doctor
16 lines - no content.
He quoted the entire post, then the new content, bottom-posted, was

"Is that the sound of an airborne Delorean at 88 MPH?

Where, in BTTF, is the _spelling_ given?"

As you can see, for me, this one did _not_ purge; still no idea why your
clients ate it, but I can tell you if you really want to see it in the
wild, you'll have to go to Groups.
--
Chrysi Cat
Transgoddess, quick to anger.
2019-10-17 01:28:57 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by The Doctor
16 lines - no content.
He quoted the entire post, then the new content, bottom-posted, was
"Is that the sound of an airborne Delorean at 88 MPH?
Where, in BTTF, is the _spelling_ given?"
As you can see, for me, this one did _not_ purge; still no idea why your
clients ate it, but I can tell you if you really want to see it in the
wild, you'll have to go to Groups.
That's why I posted the link to Howard Knight's site,
as an alternative way to read it.

<2c56f18e-239e-41ae-9401-***@googlegroups.com>

http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3C2c56f18e-239e-41ae-9401-2f333d23c43c%40googlegroups.com%3E

Narkive.com might have it....

Nope, not yet.

https://rec.arts.sf.written.narkive.com/aomt3mWU/salvatore-pais-nels-bergenholm#post7

2019-10-17 03:45:36 UTC
On 10/16/2019 6:28 PM, Kevrob wrote:

Nada
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"
Chrysi Cat
2019-10-17 06:48:55 UTC
Nada
Post by Kevrob
That's why I posted the link to Howard Knight's site,
as an alternative way to read it.
http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3C2c56f18e-239e-41ae->9401-2f333d23c43c%40googlegroups.com%3E
Narkive.com might have it....
Nope, not yet.
https://rec.arts.sf.written.narkive.com/aomt3mWU/salvatore-pais-nels-bergenholm#post7
Kevin R
I have no idea why _your_ usenet server is purging news bodies for
Thunderbird users; I _do_ know that once it happens, you'll never get
them back even if you try something like "delete the header and try to
re-download it".

So when that happens, I go to Google Groups' archive of the thread and
search for the posting time that's listed in the metadata of the one I
couldn't read on Thunderbird.
The Doctor
2019-10-17 12:19:27 UTC
In article <d2c520d4-0f51-4a48-9319-***@googlegroups.com>,
Kevrob <***@my-deja.com> wrote:

Yet another blank post from Google.
Canada - Choose Forward on 21 Oct 2019 !
The Doctor
2019-10-17 12:17:17 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by The Doctor
16 lines - no content.
He quoted the entire post, then the new content, bottom-posted, was
"Is that the sound of an airborne Delorean at 88 MPH?
Where, in BTTF, is the _spelling_ given?"
As you can see, for me, this one did _not_ purge; still no idea why your
clients ate it, but I can tell you if you really want to see it in the
wild, you'll have to go to Groups.
Cause the problem is at Google.
Scott Lurndal
2019-10-17 13:44:08 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by The Doctor
16 lines - no content.
He quoted the entire post, then the new content, bottom-posted, was
"Is that the sound of an airborne Delorean at 88 MPH?
Where, in BTTF, is the _spelling_ given?"
As you can see, for me, this one did _not_ purge; still no idea why your
clients ate it, but I can tell you if you really want to see it in the
wild, you'll have to go to Groups.
Cause the problem is at Google.
As I understand it, the problem is at giganews and eternal september. Other
usenet providers show the full text.
Lynn McGuire
2019-10-19 01:59:41 UTC
Post by Scott Lurndal
Post by The Doctor
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by The Doctor
16 lines - no content.
He quoted the entire post, then the new content, bottom-posted, was
"Is that the sound of an airborne Delorean at 88 MPH?
Where, in BTTF, is the _spelling_ given?"
As you can see, for me, this one did _not_ purge; still no idea why your
clients ate it, but I can tell you if you really want to see it in the
wild, you'll have to go to Groups.
Cause the problem is at Google.
As I understand it, the problem is at giganews and eternal september. Other
usenet providers show the full text.
news.aioe.org does not show the message body either.

Lynn
The Doctor
2019-10-17 00:16:51 UTC
Nothing ?
Lynn
Someone or something is targetting Google Groups!
Canada - Choose Forward on 21 Oct 2019 !
nuny@bid.nes
2019-10-26 07:55:04 UTC
Nothing ?
Lynn
Someone or something is targetting certain posts re: time travel!
IFYPFY

Mark L. Fergerson
Chrysi Cat
2019-10-17 00:32:00 UTC
Nothing ?
Lynn
Yeah, my reader (Thunderbird connected to usenetserver.com) manages to
purge the contents sometimes too.

Worst part is, if it happens, there's literally no way to ever get them
to propagate.

If a newspost winds up blank, my only recourse is to look at it in
Google Groups and _really_ pray I don't want to reply to it, because
copypasting Groups content into T-bird is an iffy process that more
often than not leaves bad coding for the part that's supposed to be
under quote-arrows.

Haven't figured out either cause nor cure yet, which is particularly
frustrating because sometimes /replies/ to that post come back into the
thread with /their/ content, including any quote of the purged post,
intact.

And it's not because it was deleted by the sender either because usually
THOSE headers show up and even still fetch the body, because
usenetserver doesn't seem to know how to honour a delete request.
2019-10-17 00:39:30 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Weird. This is a new problem for me. I am using the Thunderbird client
and news.eternal-september.org news server.

Double weird. news.aioe.org is doing it also.

Thanks,
2019-10-17 03:30:06 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Same here. Today is the first time post contents have been purged, same
setup of Thunderbird and eternal September.
The Doctor
2019-10-17 12:17:42 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
What? Blank posts from Google?
Post by Lynn McGuire
Thanks,
Canada - Choose Forward on 21 Oct 2019 !
Default User
2019-10-19 01:43:35 UTC
Weird. This is a new problem for me. I am using the Thunderbird
client and news.eternal-september.org news server.
Double weird. news.aioe.org is doing it also.
The only blanks I see in this this thread are from Kevrob, and after a
certain time. Previous Google Groups posts from him and Peter Trei are
fine. Kevrob posts I spot-checked in other threads later on are there.

Odd. I am using ES and XanaNews right now.

Brian
The Doctor
2019-10-17 12:16:43 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by Lynn McGuire
[...]
Google Groups is either under attack or a configuration glitch.
Canada - Choose Forward on 21 Oct 2019 !
Jay E. Morris
2019-10-17 01:52:38 UTC
Nothing ?
Lynn
I wonder if ES is having problems. I'm missing bodies from quite a few.
The Doctor
2019-10-17 12:20:55 UTC
Post by Jay E. Morris
Post by Lynn McGuire
Nothing ?
Lynn
I wonder if ES is having problems. I'm missing bodies from quite a few.
Then it might be a cancelbot attack.
Canada - Choose Forward on 21 Oct 2019 !
The Doctor
2019-10-17 00:16:23 UTC
In article <2c56f18e-239e-41ae-9401-***@googlegroups.com>,
Kevrob <***@my-deja.com> wrote:

30 lines no content.
Canada - Choose Forward on 21 Oct 2019 !
J. Clarke
2019-10-17 01:20:52 UTC
Post by The Doctor
30 lines no content.
It's working fine for me with Agent and Forte's server.

Perhaps you need to fix whatever is broken on your end.

And repeates posts of "xx lines no content" are starting to look a
great deal like trolling.
The Doctor
2019-10-17 12:18:59 UTC
Post by The Doctor
30 lines no content.
It's working fine for me with Agent and Forte's server.
Perhaps you need to fix whatever is broken on your end.
And repeates posts of "xx lines no content" are starting to look a
great deal like trolling.
The issue is at Google!
Canada - Choose Forward on 21 Oct 2019 !
nuny@bid.nes
2019-10-26 08:06:51 UTC
Post by Dan Tilque
If any of Salvatore Pais' inventions work out, there's no question. For
those who haven't heard of him, check out
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/salvatore-cezar-pais
They're all word salad.

"...propagating gravitational field fluctuations are generated when the second
electromagnetic field propagates through the first electromagnetic field..."

We have rather formidable EM fields propagating through each other all over
the planet. We'd have noticed.

The second one reads like the Monty Python skit about "my theory".

The third is...
Post by Dan Tilque
Note #3: Craft using an inertial mass reduction device
The olives in that one have gone bad.

The inner and outer walls of microwave resonators (e. g. re-entrant
cavities) don't have to be electrically isolated.
Post by Dan Tilque
And that page doesn't mention the latest invention, a compact fusion
reactor that will generate over a gigawatt of power!
Except it can't work.
Post by Dan Tilque
So Pais isn't human; he's a human-shaped life-form activated by superior
alien beings. It's the only explanation.
He may be a human-shaped life form activated by alien beings, but they're
about as "superior" as Pakleds.

Mark L. Fergerson