Freefall: Getting The Nuclear Reactor Rebuilt
2021-05-28 19:57:37 UTC
Freefall: Getting The Nuclear Reactor Rebuilt
http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3600/fc03597.htm

I have to admit, going to a bomb factory to get a nuclear reactor
rebuilt seems non-obvious to me. And definitely a place that Sam should
not go to.

2021-05-28 21:59:28 UTC
Freefall: Getting The Nuclear Reactor Rebuilt
http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3600/fc03597.htm
I have to admit, going to a bomb factory to get a nuclear reactor
rebuilt seems non-obvious to me. And definitely a place that Sam should
not go to.
But you know he's going to.
On the other hand, the robots in charge of the facility are going
to be awfully happy to see them and do whatever's asked of them.
On the OTHER hand, Gregor, being human, can give them a Direct Order
to disregard everything Sam says, and make it stick.
On the Gripping Hand, Hilarity must Ensue.
Dorothy J Heydt
2021-05-28 22:11:42 UTC
Freefall: Getting The Nuclear Reactor Rebuilt
http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3600/fc03597.htm
I have to admit, going to a bomb factory to get a nuclear reactor
rebuilt seems non-obvious to me. And definitely a place that Sam should
not go to.
But you know he's going to.
On the other hand, the robots in charge of the facility are going
to be awfully happy to see them and do whatever's asked of them.
On the OTHER hand, Gregor, being human, can give them a Direct Order
to disregard everything Sam says, and make it stick.
On the Gripping Hand, Hilarity must Ensue.
Oh, it will. But not, I hope, to the extent of Sam getting hold
of anything explosive.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Lynn McGuire
2021-05-28 23:11:08 UTC
Freefall: Getting The Nuclear Reactor Rebuilt
http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3600/fc03597.htm
I have to admit, going to a bomb factory to get a nuclear reactor
rebuilt seems non-obvious to me. And definitely a place that Sam should
not go to.
But you know he's going to.
On the other hand, the robots in charge of the facility are going
to be awfully happy to see them and do whatever's asked of them.
On the OTHER hand, Gregor, being human, can give them a Direct Order
to disregard everything Sam says, and make it stick.
On the Gripping Hand, Hilarity must Ensue.
Oh, it will. But not, I hope, to the extent of Sam getting hold
of anything explosive.
Of course, there is last Wednesday's statement by Florence that getting
a nuclear reactor rebuilt by bomb builders may be problematic. "We want
a reactor that lasts for decades. With bombs, their makers aren't too
concerned with durability once their product starts up."
http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3600/fc03598.htm