_The Final Day: A John Matherson Novel_ by William R. Forstchen
2018-10-01 21:16:52 UTC
_The Final Day: A John Matherson Novel_ by William R. Forstchen
https://www.amazon.com/Final-Day-John-Matherson-Novel/dp/076537675X/

Book number three of a three book apocalyptic series. I read the well
printed and bound large format MMPB. I suspect that this will be the
last book in the series.

It has been two years since the three nuclear weapons were launched from
the ships off the coasts of the USA that EMP'd the USA. The USA
military nuked Iran and North Korea in retribution. Israel then nuked
her neighbors in an abundance of caution. India and Pakistan joined the
fray and nuked each other repeatedly. China, Europe, and the UK are
still hoping that nothing comes their way.

But in North Carolina, it has been a very hard two years. 80% of the
inhabitants have died from famine, wars, and bandits. Not to mention
the cannibals. And now a group calling itself Bluemont, the USA federal
government in exile, is trying to exert dominance over the rest of the
eastern seaboard. At any cost.

My rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (957 reviews)

2018-10-01 22:36:04 UTC
_The Final Day: A John Matherson Novel_ by William R. Forstchen
https://www.amazon.com/Final-Day-John-Matherson-Novel/dp/076537675X/
Book number three of a three book apocalyptic series. I read the well
printed and bound large format MMPB. I suspect that this will be the
last book in the series.
Forstchen is one of those authors where I *really* liked one series and am
kind of "meh" on all his other stuff I've read. So, while I have no desire
to read this one, I surely would read another "Lost Regiment" book..
2018-10-06 20:58:14 UTC
_The Final Day: A John Matherson Novel_ by William R. Forstchen
https://www.amazon.com/Final-Day-John-Matherson-Novel/dp/076537675X/
Book number three of a three book apocalyptic series. I read the well
printed and bound large format MMPB. I suspect that this will be the
last book in the series.
Forstchen is one of those authors where I *really* liked one series and am
kind of "meh" on all his other stuff I've read. So, while I have no desire
to read this one, I surely would read another "Lost Regiment" book..
I do have a used copy of the Lost Regiment #1 book in my SBR. Someday I
will read it. I also have _Pillar to the Sky_ in my SBR.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EBGCMA/