Oops! Addicted to tech! [PD edition]
2018-07-30 02:26:51 UTC
In the Form/Function thread, we drifted into how
those on 4 wheels were a danger to those on 2.

I saw this on ABC News tonight, then found it on YouTube.

A cyclist, waiting to make a turn at a T-intersection
in small-town Missouri, gets taken out by a police SUV.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article215647850.htm

Officer Clueless had his eyes on his phone.

The rider's helmet cam caught it all.

2018-07-30 02:37:01 UTC
http://youtu.be/QoSOEtzWPlU
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article215647850.htm
Officer Clueless had his eyes on his phone.
The rider's helmet cam caught it all.
We definitely need to start holding police accountable for their
actions. And I don't mean three days suspension and a stern
talking-to. That officer should get the same penalty as anyone else
who injures someone while driving distracted. If it means he loses
his license and can't drive a police cruiser anymore, fuck him.