Global Warming and When Worlds Collide
2019-11-30 03:50:32 UTC
Around the middle of October I like to watch or read "When Worlds
Collide"--the operation against a tight schedule is very much like
what happens at work around that time and I find the juxtaposition
entertaining.

However it occurs to me, according to IPCC (and let's not start that
argument again--you can believe IPCC or not, and I don't care which
you do) we have 10 years to reduce carbon emissions to 45 percent of
the 2010 level (running the numbers by the way, and projecting
population to 2030, that works out to worldwide per capita carbon
emissions right about the same as the per capita for India today).

I find myself wondering if IPCC expects the world to function in the
same manner as in "When Worlds Collide" to avert the crisis ahead of
the deadline. It's not something I expect to happen but it's kind of
fun to think about.
Lynn McGuire
2019-12-01 02:47:41 UTC
[...]
"List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions (2017)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions

Number one producer of CO2 = China (29%)
Number two producer of CO2 = USA (14%)
Number three producer of CO2 = India (7%)

The USA dropping rapidly with our conversion of coal power plants to
natural gas power plants. China is gaining rapidly in their CO2 production.