The curious case of .....
The Zygon
2018-03-23 10:08:23 UTC
One of the surprising things - to me - of my reading experience, is that I sometimes meet a book which I would never mention in a conversation about good books, but I enjoyed them immensely. Indeed, I enjoy them much, that I return to reread them from time to time.

One such book for me is _Far Arena_ by Richard Ben Sapir.

I would like to hear of books/stories with which others have similar experiences.
Lynn McGuire
2018-03-24 21:51:32 UTC
Post by The Zygon
One of the surprising things - to me - of my reading experience, is that I sometimes meet a book which I would never mention in a conversation about good books, but I enjoyed them immensely. Indeed, I enjoy them much, that I return to reread them from time to time.
One such book for me is _Far Arena_ by Richard Ben Sapir.
I would like to hear of books/stories with which others have similar experiences.
My rereads every 2 to 4 years (this list does change depending on my mood):

1. _Mutineers Moon_ by David Weber
https://www.amazon.com/Mutineers-Moon-Dahak-David-Weber/dp/0671720856/

2. _Jumper_ by Steven Gould
https://www.amazon.com/Jumper-Novel-Steven-Gould/dp/0812522370/

3. _A Matter for Men_ by David Gerrold
https://www.amazon.com/Matter-Men-Against-Chtorr-Book/dp/0671464949/

4. _The Tar-Aiym Krang_ by Alan Dean Foster
https://www.amazon.com/Tar-Aiym-Krang-Alan-Dean-Foster/dp/034530280X/

5. _Shards of Honor_ by Lois McMaster Bujold

https://www.amazon.com/Shards-Honor-Vorkosigan-McMaster-Bujold/dp/1476781109/

6. _Ender's Game_ by Orson Scott Card
https://www.amazon.com/Enders-Ender-Quintet-Orson-Scott/dp/0812550706/

7. _A Hymn Before Battle_ by John Ringo
https://www.amazon.com/Hymn-Before-Battle-Posleen-War/dp/0671318411/

8. _Going Home_ by A. American

https://www.amazon.com/Going-Home-Novel-Survivalist-American/dp/0142181277/

9. _Bitten_ by Kelley Armstrong
https://www.amazon.com/Bitten-Otherworld-Kelley-Armstrong/dp/0452296641/

10. _A Soldier's Duty_ by Jean Johnson
https://www.amazon.com/Soldiers-Duty-Theirs-Not-Reason/dp/0441020631/

Lynn
Steve Dodds
2018-03-24 22:38:06 UTC
Post by The Zygon
[...]
Lynn,

Your list looks a lot like my list, there is a couple I haven't read
that I think I am going to try.

Steve