[tor dot com] Five SFF Characters You Should Never, Ever Date
2021-06-07 14:09:22 UTC
Five SFF Characters You Should Never, Ever Date
https://www.tor.com/2021/06/07/five-sff-characters-you-should-never-ever-date/
Michael F. Stemper
2021-06-07 15:19:08 UTC
Five SFF Characters You Should Never, Ever Date
https://www.tor.com/2021/06/07/five-sff-characters-you-should-never-ever-date/
Yes, absolutely Flandry.

It's possible to be a huge fan of the series without finding the
protagonist admirable.
--
Michael F. Stemper
Deuteronomy 24:17
J. Clarke
2021-06-07 22:24:03 UTC
On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 21:26:02 -0000 (UTC), Christian Weisgerber
Post by James Nicoll
Five SFF Characters You Should Never, Ever Date
https://www.tor.com/2021/06/07/five-sff-characters-you-should-never-ever-date/
| Flandry is only a supporting character in The Game of Empire (1985), in
| which he surrenders centre stage to Diana, his illegitimate daughter. A
| daughter whom Flandry has failed to recognize or support. That’s right!
| Flandry isn’t just a bad boyfriend—he’s also a deadbeat dad.
There's worse. In an earlier novel, the aging Flandry already ran
into an adult son he didn't know he had, and IIRC that family reunion
ended verly poorly.
(Qbrfa'g Synaqel riraghnyyl gbegher uvz gb qrngu sbe vasbezngvba?)
Typical do-gooder--so wrapped up in Causes that he doesn't notice the
people around him.
Moriarty
2021-06-07 23:24:14 UTC
Five SFF Characters You Should Never, Ever Date
https://www.tor.com/2021/06/07/five-sff-characters-you-should-never-ever-date/
Women shouldn't date Harry Dresden. You will die. Probably horribly. Possibly in a fridge.

-Moriarty
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2021-06-07 23:53:04 UTC
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 12:09:25 AM UTC+10, James Nicoll
Post by James Nicoll
Five SFF Characters You Should Never, Ever Date
https://www.tor.com/2021/06/07/five-sff-characters-you-should-ne
ver-ever-date/
Women shouldn't date Harry Dresden. You will die. Probably
horribly. Possibly in a fridge.
On television, no one should *ever* get seriously involved with the
any of the main characters, because your death will end up being the
A story in an episode half a season later.

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

pete...@gmail.com
2021-06-08 02:16:18 UTC
Post by James Nicoll
Five SFF Characters You Should Never, Ever Date
https://www.tor.com/2021/06/07/five-sff-characters-you-should-ne
ver-ever-date/
Women shouldn't date Harry Dresden. You will die. Probably
horribly. Possibly in a fridge.
On television, no one should *ever* get seriously involved with the
any of the main characters, because your death will end up being the
A story in an episode half a season later.
Don't be a female NCIS agent, if you value your life. That series was
terrible that way.

Pt
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-06-08 03:55:49 UTC
Post by Moriarty
Post by James Nicoll
Five SFF Characters You Should Never, Ever Date
https://www.tor.com/2021/06/07/five-sff-characters-you-should
-ne ver-ever-date/
Women shouldn't date Harry Dresden. You will die. Probably
horribly. Possibly in a fridge.
On television, no one should *ever* get seriously involved with
the any of the main characters, because your death will end up
being the A story in an episode half a season later.
Don't be a female NCIS agent, if you value your life. That
series was terrible that way.
It hasn't been that much nicer to the male agents, either, though.

Lynn:

2021-06-08 01:05:14 UTC
Five SFF Characters You Should Never, Ever Date
https://www.tor.com/2021/06/07/five-sff-characters-you-should-never-ever-date/
| Flandry is only a supporting character in The Game of Empire (1985), in
| which he surrenders centre stage to Diana, his illegitimate daughter. A
| daughter whom Flandry has failed to recognize or support. That’s right!
| Flandry isn’t just a bad boyfriend—he’s also a deadbeat dad.
There's worse. In an earlier novel, the aging Flandry already ran
into an adult son he didn't know he had, and IIRC that family reunion
ended verly poorly.
(Qbrfa'g Synaqel riraghnyyl gbegher uvz gb qrngu sbe vasbezngvba?)
You may be right. I'd forgotten that detail.
2021-06-08 02:54:04 UTC
Five SFF Characters You Should Never, Ever Date
https://www.tor.com/2021/06/07/five-sff-characters-you-should-never-ever-date/
I have read two of the five, The Flandry books and the Elric books.
How about Jane Yellowrock ? First, she is over two hundred years old.
Second, she cohabitates her body with an also 200 year old mountain lion
who judges every man with the potential for fathering kits.
https://www.amazon.com/Skinwalker-Jane-Yellowrock-Book-1/dp/0451462807/
Does he *realize* that human women lose the ability to bear kits
or babies or anything around the age of fifty?
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/