"Shards of Honor (2) (Vorkosigan Saga)" by Lois McMaster Bujold
2021-05-31 21:56:09 UTC
"Shards of Honor (2) (Vorkosigan Saga)" by Lois McMaster Bujold

https://www.amazon.com/Shards-Honor-Vorkosigan-McMaster-Bujold/dp/1476781109/

Book number one of a sixteen book space opera series. However, some
people call this a military science fiction series. There are several
other books and short stories in the Vorkosigan Universe. This series
won the Hugo and Nebula awards for best series in 2017. Also, several
of the individual books in the series have either won awards or been
nominated for awards. I have read this book several times as it is one
of my favorite books. I reread the well printed and well bound trade
paperback published by Baen in 2015 that I just rebought on Amazon. The
original MMPB was published by Baen in 1986. I have rebought the next
book in the series and may buy them all again.

At the beginning of the book, Captain Cordelia Naismith of the Betan
Planetary Survey Force is marooned on a newly discovered planet with
Captain Lord Aral Vorkosigan of Barrayar, notorious as the "Butcher of
Komarr". Captain Vorkosigan is also marooned by a mutiny of his
spaceship crew who, think he is dead.

My rating: 6 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (571 reviews)

Lynn
Michael Benveniste
2021-06-01 03:53:22 UTC
"Shards of Honor (2) (Vorkosigan Saga)" by Lois McMaster Bujold
https://www.amazon.com/Shards-Honor-Vorkosigan-McMaster-Bujold/dp/1476781109/
Shameless plug: The hardcover is still available at NESFA for $26.00:
https://www.nesfa.org/book/shards-of-honor-3/

--
Michael Benveniste -- ***@murkyether.com (Clarification required)
Legalize Updoc.
Robert Carnegie
What is Updoc?
J. Clarke
He got ya, almost.
Dorothy J Heydt
2021-06-01 14:04:56 UTC
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by Robert Carnegie
Post by Michael Benveniste
https://www.nesfa.org/book/shards-of-honor-3/
--
Legalize Updoc.
What is Updoc?
/google

Apparently, an app you can load onto your phone to keep track of
you symptoms, medications, measurements, usw. The
hypochondriac's enabler.
Post by J. Clarke
He got ya, almost.
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
J. Clarke
He's just fishing for a quote from Bugs Bunny.
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
2021-06-01 21:05:26 UTC
Post by J. Clarke
He got ya, almost.
He's just fishing for a quote from Bugs Bunny.
That kind of trolling only works if it's something that doesn't
actually exist.

When I was young and foolish, and new to the hardware store
business, my hazing was sending me over to the hardware department
looking for "glass nails." It was funny as hell until I cam back
with something that *said" "glass nails" on the package. Then it
was even funnier.

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

2021-06-02 02:19:31 UTC
On 2/06/21 9:05 am, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
snip
Post by Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
When I was young and foolish, and new to the hardware store
business, my hazing was sending me over to the hardware department
looking for "glass nails." It was funny as hell until I cam back
with something that *said" "glass nails" on the package. Then it
was even funnier.
At the wool stores in school holiday employment, newbies were sent for a
sky hook or a long weight.
Lynn McGuire
2021-06-01 22:20:15 UTC
[...]
I forgot, this is book number two of a sixteen book series. The first
book of the series is "Falling Free", a four star book, about people
genetically adapted for zero gravity.
https://www.amazon.com/Falling-Free-Lois-McMaster-Bujold/dp/1416555463/

2021-06-01 22:26:16 UTC
[...]
In terms of internal chronology, Falling Free is the first. In
terms of publication date, I believe the first was Warrior's
Apprentice. Shards of Honor was the first written.

2021-06-01 22:50:55 UTC
[...]
I always XXXXX usually try to number a series in terms of internal
chronology.

2021-06-01 23:14:57 UTC
[...]
That is certainly a popular way to read Bujold's work. Some prefer
the order written (or at least published) to watch the improvements
in her craft (which is noticable at times, like reading the omnibus
of Shards (first written) and Barrayar (written much later)).

The official word from Bujold on the *correct* order is "however
you want."

2021-06-02 04:50:21 UTC
[...]
Terry, _Shards of Honor_ was both first written and first published.
_Warrior's Apprentice_ was the first one that Jim Baen bought.
Robert Woodward ***@drizzle.com
Ninapenda Jibini
2021-06-02 05:48:35 UTC
Post by Robert Woodward
[...]
In reviewing the afterward in the omnibus, it appears that perhaps
WA *sold* first. Been a while since I read that part.

Lynn: