Stylish writers
2020-03-24 02:53:21 UTC
So what writers would people say are particularly stylish in how they write and produce stories you enjoy?

On the other end of the spectrum what would you say is unstylish but fun?
Titus G
2020-03-25 05:37:51 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
So what writers would people say are particularly stylish in how they write and produce stories you enjoy?
I'm not sure what you mean by stylish.
A unique style as Elmore Leonard has for dialogue.
Or the clarity that Technical Writers such as Trowbridge can produce.
Or the brilliance of David Mitchell and others who have taken some
creative writing education.
Could you say Banks experimented with many styles?
It might be too big a question.
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2020-03-25 07:05:19 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
On the other end of the spectrum what would you say is unstylish but fun?
There are a number of authors with fairly distinct styles such that you
could probably recognize them with a page from an unfamiliar work.

That's not the same as "styl-ish" of course. I would say perhaps Vance
has a distinct style and could be regarded as "stylish".
Chrysi Cat
2020-03-25 07:39:51 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
On the other end of the spectrum what would you say is unstylish but fun?
There are a number of authors with fairly distinct styles such that you
could probably recognize them with a page from an unfamiliar work.
That's not the same as "styl-ish" of course. I would say perhaps Vance
has a distinct style and could be regarded as "stylish".
Which definition do you apply to Douglas Adams?
--
Chrysi Cat
Transgoddess, quick to anger.
p***@hotmail.com
2020-03-25 15:39:33 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
On the other end of the spectrum what would you say is unstylish but fun?
There are a number of authors with fairly distinct styles such that you
could probably recognize them with a page from an unfamiliar work.
This has long been exploited for comic effect:

http://www.silberware.com/portfolio/writing_samples/TheSnoozeOfKilimanjaro.pdf

And of course:

https://www.bulwer-lytton.com/2018

Peter Wezeman