There's a new xkcd up....
2020-03-31 02:33:31 UTC
And it's cool.

https://xkcd.com/2287/

I have only one complaint about it. The critter in the middle,
with all the legs, is a T4 bacteriophage.

They live in our gut (inter alia), and infest E.coli. So far as
Google is willing to tell me, they don't harm humans.

https://kids.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/frym.2016.00030

And they're cute.

There was a statue of one outside the Biochemistry building on
the UC Berkeley campus for a while, but some jerk stole it.

I put a virtual analog of one into _A Point of Honor,_ back in
the nineties.

And you can get a stuffed plushie of it in several sizes.

https://www.giantmicrobes.com/us/products/t4.html

And I may do so, just out of nostalgic sentiment.
a***@yahoo.com
2020-03-31 03:11:10 UTC
Not only don't they harm humans, in some places phage have been used as antibiotics.
Kevrob
2020-03-31 03:17:15 UTC
--
The alt text...vf n Ebefpunpu dhbgr sebz JNGPUZRA!

[/rot-13]

Maybe T4 is part of...the resistance? :)

I've got pasta, 2 kinds of rice, potatoes, homemade
chicken soup, 3 gallon bags of frozen chicken stock,
canned soup, pasta sauce, pizza sauce, pizza dough,
canned chili, franks, beans, etc., a Satdish, an internet
connection w/a VOIP phone and WiFi. I've got laundry
detergent and machines on the premises. I can walk
around the yard for exercise. I, luckily, am not on
any prescriptions. I'd rather have a job to go to, but
I can stay put.

2020-03-31 05:03:34 UTC
[...]
Sounds as if you're set for the foreseeable future. Congrats.

I can't eat pasta, rice, or potatoes, nor yet pizza dough. And I
take about ten different perscription drugs. I may try walking
around the yard once it gets a little warmer, pull up some of the
_Oxalis pes-capreae_ that have invaded it.

https://www.cal-ipc.org/plants/profile/oxalis-pes-caprae-profile/

("Nanny-goat's-foot sour-flower.")