082 Devil's Due (Destroyermen) by Taylor Anderson
2020-03-21 20:08:15 UTC
082 Devil's Due (Destroyermen) by Taylor Anderson

The war continues on the parallel world the WWI era destroyer USS
Walker has been cast into. What has largely been a two front
conflict threatens to become a four front one as to the genocidal
reptilian Grik menace and the fanatical Azteco-catholic Dominion
campaigns are added potential independent actions by outcast Japanese
"General of the Seas" Kurokawa and the still mysterious League of
Tripoli. Luckily the multi species Republic of Real People in
southern Africa is finally stumbling into action as an ally, and
the Empire of New Britain is holding up its end. There may even
be new allies in North America. Still supreme commander Matthew
Reddy is in a bad place with his pregnant wife in Kurokawa's hands
and conflicted about whether this is affecting his strategy for
dealing with each menace. If he attempts an action against Kurokawa,
is that sound strategic thinking, or a worried husband? Luckily,
long time loose cannon and one man tank-corps Dennis de Silva is
also on the job.

This is a satisfying story chunk though we see nothing of the Grik
general who may be forging his soldiers into *people* during this
outing, and very little of the Dominion side of the war. (We do
have an interesting vingette with the Grik Queen Mother, who may
be more than he reagents assume..)
Robert Carnegie

her regents?
p***@hotmail.com
2020-03-25 15:49:32 UTC
[...]
Vinaigrette?

Peter Wezeman
anti-social Darwinist
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2020-03-25 16:06:33 UTC
[...]
yes:
vignette

her regents

as I said, I have problems with many common words if I just let my
fingers fly. (Though I thought that review was from after when I started at
least running "spell" against them..)