Pearls Before Swine: The Good Book
2021-09-16 19:28:54 UTC
Pearls Before Swine: The Good Book
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/09/16

That is not the Good Book !

2021-09-16 20:24:51 UTC
Pearls Before Swine: The Good Book
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/09/16
That is not the Good Book !
https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/09/lee-greenwood-bible-christian-publishing.html
Www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/
Kevrob
2021-09-17 00:19:08 UTC
Pearls Before Swine: The Good Book
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/09/16
That is not the Good Book !
https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/09/lee-greenwood-bible-christian-publishing.html
--
"..a good book. But not the only good book" - Henry Drummond

That Greenwood version will become popular on Omega 4.

"Ee'd plebnista norkohn forkohn perfectunun..."
2021-09-17 15:59:57 UTC
Pearls Before Swine: The Good Book
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/09/16
That is not the Good Book !
https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/09/lee-greenwood-bible-christian-publishing.html
Reminds me of an instructive incident when I was in the Army.

I was helping with Vacation Bible School. Well, gotta do /something/
to keep the kids out of trouble in the Summer.

This was a general program, meaning it was dominated locally by people
from denominations that "did not believe in creeds" and never recited
them. I found this out when a teacher's guide noted that the book for
that year was Lutheran and so referred to "the Creed", a concept it
believed would be unknown to most teachers and students.

Fair enough; you don't have to /recite/ them, you just have to /agree/
with them to be orthodox Christians.

Imagine my surprise when each morning began with three "pledges of
allegiance": one to God, one to the Bible, and one to the Church.

That's what "no creeds" meant to these specific people: we make up our
own creeds. And equate God, Bible, and Church. Whoo, boy!
John W Kennedy
2021-09-17 17:25:38 UTC
Post by Paul S Person
[...]
Lutheran, really? I was under the impression that they were more
small-o-orthodox than that.
Paul S Person
2021-09-18 16:45:24 UTC
On Fri, 17 Sep 2021 13:25:38 -0400, John W Kennedy
Post by John W Kennedy
Post by Paul S Person
[...]
I must have confused you.

/I/ was (am, IMHO) Lutheran.

/They/ were not.

But, if you learn nothing else in the Army, you learn tolerance.