OT: Time to Stop Playing Around~
Add Reply
Jonathan
2021-09-06 22:54:20 UTC
Friday 9-3 at 1:05 pm
bought ticker ANY at $6.97

CURRENT PRICE 6.36
at support, 6.54 ± 0.419 type single, strength 8

RESISTANCE ABOVE
*None*

*Break out watch at $6.97*

ANY 1 month chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/xRhn35wB/

ANY 1 Year chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/mebfp7O8/

ANY

Shs Outstanding 15.99M
Shs Float 5.84M
*Short Float 19.11%*
Avg Volume 18.53M
Volume 87,139,489
https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=any

Sphere 3D stock pulls back sharply after after share,
warrant offering
Published: Sept. 3, 2021 at 10:19 a.m. ET

"Shares of Sphere 3D Corp. ANY, -32.34% tumbled 26.6%
on heavy volume of 35.4 million shares in morning
trading Friday..."

The company said before the opening bell that the
offering to institutional investors to buy one
common share and one-half warrant to buy
one common share priced at $8.50 each."
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sphere-3d-stock-pulls-back-sharply-after-after-share-warrant-offering-2021-09-03?siteid=yhoof2

A favorite trading strategy demonstrated in a short video

The World According to Garp
video (2:52)

-------

BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie
so *colossal* that no one would believe that someone "could have the
impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie
pete...@gmail.com
2021-09-07 02:05:49 UTC
On Monday, September 6, 2021 at 6:54:28 PM UTC-4, Jonathan wrote:

Let's get down to brass tacks.

What was the size of your portfolio a year ago?
What is it now?

We can't judge the quality of your schemes without
these basic facts.

Pt
Lynn McGuire
2021-09-07 18:35:07 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Let's get down to brass tacks.
What was the size of your portfolio a year ago?
What is it now?
We can't judge the quality of your schemes without
these basic facts.
Pt
I think that his imaginary portfolio is up to $10 now.

Lynn
Andrew McDowell
2021-09-07 19:14:21 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Let's get down to brass tacks.
What was the size of your portfolio a year ago?
What is it now?
We can't judge the quality of your schemes without
these basic facts.
Pt
I think that his imaginary portfolio is up to $10 now.
Lynn
From "The Devil's DP Dictionary" by Stan Kelly-Bootle (under Random)

A mathematician in Reno,
Overcome by the heat and the vino,
Became quite unroulli
Expounding Bernoulli,
And was killed by the crowd playing Keno

(I have always taken this to be a reference to the first impossibility result in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optional_stopping_theorem#Applications)
pete...@gmail.com
2021-09-07 22:38:39 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Let's get down to brass tacks.
What was the size of your portfolio a year ago?
What is it now?
We can't judge the quality of your schemes without
these basic facts.
Pt
Haven't been trading for a while. Judge me
starting NOW please. I'm starting with
a 10,000 trading kitty.
The scheme is easy, look for stocks with lots
of short interest, strong support below and
ZERO resistance above. If the volume of one
of those has an unexpected increase over
ave volume a short squeeze could happen.
So screen early 7am for stocks that have a
large increase over ave volume and look
at the charts for a good candidate.
Look at the ticker ANY I just posted, it has
all of those qualities
The first stock I mentioned TKAT was at
$11.30 when I posted it here.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/1m6kL3DB/
It hit $13.50 4 days later
https://www.tradingview.com/x/Z47NTks1/
This is a very short term strategy, a few
days to a week. I don't pretend to know
what they'll do long term, and don't care.
20% a week is the goal. We'll see. I'll post
the buys and sells as they happen, in real time
so you know it's not smoke and mirrors.
Just to compare, I'm the opposite. I buy companies
I believe in, and hold. Very much 'get rich slow'.

Most of my net worth is under professional management
by people who are better at it than I. But some is my 'playpen'
money, which is currently mostly in Apple and Tesla. The Apple,
which I've held for decades, has gained over 140,000% since I
bought it, and about 40% in the past year. The Tesla is up about
400% since I bought it at the start of 2020.

I don't touch options.

If you can manage 20% a week consistently , you'll beat me
easily. I really hope you're doing it in a Roth IRA, for tax reasons.

Pt
Jonathan
2021-09-08 00:39:26 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by ***@gmail.com
[...]
There's a massive short term trading 'herd' out
there and they tend to follow each other around
creating large gainers almost every day.

The idea is to look for the same thing this
'herd' is looking for, and go along for
the ride.

It's not for the faint of heart though
but the returns can be breathtaking
at times if you can catch them early
enough.
Post by ***@gmail.com
If you can manage 20% a week consistently , you'll beat me
easily. I really hope you're doing it in a Roth IRA, for tax reasons.
Like I said that's the goal, not there yet. But we'll see.
Post by ***@gmail.com
Pt
Chrysi Cat
2021-09-08 12:39:56 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
[...]
Y'know you're about as likely as I am with my sports betting to
actually come out ahead at the end of even 2 years, right?

Sooner or later you'll jump on something the short seller manages to
actually make THEIR money on because all this /b/-type thinking runs
out, and lose your entire stake from at least that company.
--
Chrysi Cat
Transgoddess, quick to anger
Jonathan
2021-09-08 21:31:39 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
[...]
Ya this is certainly a risky style of trading.
But another way to look at it is this, the
longer you hold a stock the more likely it'll
have a disastrous day that'll wipe you out.

Time is a huge risk factor. Shorter the better.

In addition the notion of predicting a real world
system for months in advance has a glaring logical
flaw. The only way to prevent a disastrous day
over the course of months or more is to choose
a highly stable stock where that just can't happen.

But stability means the price doesn't change
much at all. Should I hold a stable stock
for a year to make 10% or 20%?

I made 10% today and I royally botched the trades.
I sat there at 9:30 this morning when the first one
was up 20% with my finger on the sell button and froze.

Then I turned my nose up at the second ticker at $6.40
and by 3pm and it hit $7.40.

I SHOULD have done 30% today with better trading
skills, and easily.

The only true predictability of real world systems
is like the weather, once a pattern of expression
is spun up, like a hurricane, anyone can predict
it's short term path and intensity for a couple
of days with a mere glance at the satellite loops.

But to have that 'perfect storm' kind of predictability
the system must be highly dynamic.

One must learn how to judge volatility in a system
when you see it. And the patterns I'm posting are
just such dynamic expressions where the system
takes on a 'life of it's own', which importantly
means they are...detached from it's system specific
details. Their behavior becomes entirely independent.

I don't need to know all about some industry or
product to make a judgement. And if I invest
that much time to become an 'expert' in some
industry you end up married to it. Takes too
much time and study to move on.

I don't even bother to know what the company does, that's
all noise. more likely to generate bias than inform.
'Oh' a software corp', 'oh' a cryto stock' and you get
enamored and lose your objectivity.

See what I call the shepherd hooks pattern
to the right, it pops up then falls back a bit
to around $8?

https://www.tradingview.com/x/g9t5joJg/

That's the pattern the day traders are looking for
and it's the self-fulfilling prophecy, since when
they see that pattern, they jump on it and
this tends to happen next

https://www.tradingview.com/x/N7LxqRzC/

It's the most reliable pattern of all, the
'golden pattern'. And more importantly it
works at any scale. Hours, days, months
it behaves the same way if the system is
dynamic enough, volatile enough.

The perfect storm.

Look at this chart, you can see the hook pattern
three times as it rises, but the entire pattern
is ALSO a hook pattern. Self similarity across
scale or scale invariant. The hallmark of a
self-organized system, or the 'perfect storm'.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/cHEzr1nr/

I've done my homework on this stuff, now it's
time to start cashing in.

Every day there's a perfect storm or two
brewing somewhere on this planet, and I plan
on finding another tomorrow...Dammit!

Thanks for reading.
Jonathan
2021-09-08 21:52:28 UTC
Post by Jonathan
[...]
Look at this beauty I missed today playing
ANY and BBIG.

It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
The secret to nature, self-organization, can
be seen in this chart. Look at the fractal
quality, little copies of itself over and
over. The hook pattern

EFTR 2 say chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/BDHG6b0D/

Notice btw it started out today at $12 and
hit $38.
Post by Jonathan
Thanks for reading.
Jonathan
2021-09-08 22:08:42 UTC
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
[...]
Another wonderful mathematical expression in
these charts I haven't mentioned yet.

The Fibonacci sequence can be seen twice in the
above chart easily.

That takes the form of two primary retracements
of 23.6% and 38.2%, rounding to 25% and 40%
so you don't need a calculator.

https://www.investing.com/tools/fibonacci-calculator

Notice in the first hook it peaks at about $19
and falls back to about $11.50.

19 x .6 = 11.4

The second peak is at around $40 and falls back
to around $24.5.

40 x .6 = .24

Gee, funny about that. Traders know that formula
and so when it hits it they buy. Not too hard
to figure out. But whether it's gonna be the
25% or 40% retracement is a bit harder.

I'm finding the slope determines that.
A slope of -1, or a 45 degree angle down
is generally the 40% retracement.

But a steeper slope typical of very fast movers
is quite often the 25% retracement.
But they should be guides only and let
the pattern show itself.
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Thanks for reading.
pete...@gmail.com
2021-09-08 22:02:35 UTC
Post by Jonathan
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by ***@gmail.com
[...]
Seriously, before you go any further, learn how
Capital Gains tax works. when it's levied, and
the limited extent you can balance it with losses.
That's why I said I hope you're trading inside a Roth IRA,
which removes a lot of that liability.

You are really, really running against the
conventional wisdom here:

"Time in the market beats timing the market"

Take any stock index you want, and look at its
chart - the one day chart will be a Drunkard's Walk of
ups and downs.

NASDAQ one day: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EIXIC?p=%5EIXIC

Now click on 'MAX', just above the chart, and look at it over 36 years. That's
about a 60 fold increase.

Amateur day traders are at a huge disadvantage, playing against
High Frequency Traders using AI and computers to trade in and
out in milliseconds, and hedge funds using nefarious games with
the order books to temporarily force stocks up and down,
and manipulate short interest to draw in people like you.

It's said that if, in a poker game, you can't figure out who's the
pigeon, then the pigeon is YOU.

Investing for the long term gets you away from these
problems.

I wish you luck. You'll need it. What I do is less spectacular,
but works far more reliably in the long run, and doesn't require
luck.

As I said, most of my portfolio is handled by professionals, and
spread out over dozens of stocks and bonds. I don't worry about it.

My fun money is much more concentrated, in companies I think
have a good chance to bloom over a period of months or years.
At the moment, mostly Apple and Tesla. So far, I've been right.

pt
Jonathan
2021-09-11 15:11:28 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Jonathan
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by ***@gmail.com
[...]
Short term stock profits are taxed just like income
and you can't deduct losses unless holding for
over 30 days. I play stocks like they were
storms, patterns of highly dynamic systems
like predicting the weather

30 days is far too long. Storms generally
fade out when the sun sets, or when the market
closes each day. Only 'perfect storms'
last several days, like a hurricane.

In the real world predicting the future
for longer than weather-like time frames
is more art then science.

My system is trying to be more science than art
as it's based on the science of self organizing
systems. Systems that take on a life of their own
as such systems all tend to behave in the /same way/
...predictable, like a hurricane.

Look at the charts at the bottom, you'll see
after a while they all look pretty much
the same, and that's what allows predictability
without having to worry about the details
of the company at hand.

Simple and reliable as a result, at least
that's the goal. I think it's possible
and I need to try it out and see.
Post by ***@gmail.com
You are really, really running against the
"Time in the market beats timing the market"
Take any stock index you want, and look at its
chart - the one day chart will be a Drunkard's Walk of
ups and downs.
NASDAQ one day: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EIXIC?p=%5EIXIC
Now click on 'MAX', just above the chart, and look at it over 36 years. That's
about a 60 fold increase.
Amateur day traders are at a huge disadvantage, playing against
High Frequency Traders using AI and computers to trade in and
out in milliseconds, and hedge funds using nefarious games with
the order books to temporarily force stocks up and down,
and manipulate short interest to draw in people like you.
What I've found is that there are so many small and medium
individual traders out there now, from all over the world
that they vastly overwhelm institutions and automated traders
when it comes to these short term and /highly dynamic/
stock behaviors.

Institutions have very strict rules on trading and
generally aren't involved in day-trading, and no
computer can stop or change the flood of traders when
a stock is in the midst of panic buying and selling.

For instance the stock below I just bought
traded over 100 million shares in the first
hour or two. That generates a level of dynamics
that mimic bird flocking.

This is the sign of a manipulated stock.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/JCKdOhXE/

This is the sign of a stock driven by
adaptive forces, people competing
and adapting along the way
https://www.tradingview.com/x/lrh1aybj/

If you look carefully at the charts below you
can see the dynamic expression of self-organized
not manipulated behavior in the fractal quality
of the charts, where the global pattern shows
little copies of itself forming along the way.

That can only be produced by the highly unconstrained
interaction of countless autonomous agents, or people.

Machines or a few individuals can't create that kind
of dynamic behavior.
Post by ***@gmail.com
It's said that if, in a poker game, you can't figure out who's the
pigeon, then the pigeon is YOU.
Investing for the long term gets you away from these
problems.
I wish you luck. You'll need it. What I do is less spectacular,
but works far more reliably in the long run, and doesn't require
luck.
As I said, most of my portfolio is handled by professionals, and
spread out over dozens of stocks and bonds. I don't worry about it.
My fun money is much more concentrated, in companies I think
have a good chance to bloom over a period of months or years.
At the moment, mostly Apple and Tesla. So far, I've been right.
pt
That's all good advice, but I'm impatient and believe
I've found a pretty reliable pattern to play.

Compare these two patterns, and let's see next week
if one informs the other, if the pattern is reliable
and profitable.

Notice how similar they patterns are.

Notice in the first chart after the big peak
it falls back to $26, then it bounces big.

EFTR 5 day chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/tkb544Gu/

In this chart below which I bought late Friday
at $2.72 it's fallen back also, and
should bounce big next week if the
patterns repeats the behavior of the
first one.

ENDP 1 day chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/abvtij47/

It should, but we'll see soon enough.
I'm not afraid to hand my rear out
for all to see if I'm wrong.
Jonathan
2021-09-08 12:19:24 UTC
Post by Jonathan
Friday 9-3 at 1:05 pm
bought ticker ANY at $6.97
Just jumped out of ANY at $6 temporarily

Bought BBIG at $10.33 at 8:05am
http://youtu.be/GTqz4duPdYQ
-------
Jonathan
2021-09-08 15:50:14 UTC
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Friday 9-3 at 1:05 pm
bought ticker ANY at $6.97
Just jumped out of ANY at $6 temporarily
Bought BBIG at $10.33 at 8:05am
Sold BBIG at $11.45 at 11:44 am

BBIG 5 day chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/z3Nc0Rsh/

Should have stayed with ANY

ANY chart Today
https://www.tradingview.com/x/bN4aQe6r/
Jonathan
2021-09-09 11:30:23 UTC
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Friday 9-3 at 1:05 pm
bought ticker ANY at $6.97
Just jumped out of ANY at $6 temporarily
Bought BBIG at $10.33 at 8:05am
Sold BBIG at $11.45 at 11:44 am
BBIG 5 day chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/z3Nc0Rsh/
Should have stayed with ANY
ANY chart Today
https://www.tradingview.com/x/bN4aQe6r/
Just bought SPRT at $23.65 at 7:25 am

20 day chart of SPRT
https://www.tradingview.com/x/kmVtdWMT/
Jonathan
Sold SPRT at $26.90 at 3:20 pm +13%
Jonathan
Bought SPRT at $25.40 at 4:10 pm
pete...@gmail.com
2021-09-09 20:17:35 UTC
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Friday 9-3 at 1:05 pm
bought ticker ANY at $6.97
Just jumped out of ANY at $6 temporarily
Bought BBIG at $10.33 at 8:05am
Sold BBIG at $11.45 at 11:44 am
BBIG 5 day chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/z3Nc0Rsh/
Should have stayed with ANY
ANY chart Today
https://www.tradingview.com/x/bN4aQe6r/
Just bought SPRT at $23.65 at 7:25 am
20 day chart of SPRT
https://www.tradingview.com/x/kmVtdWMT/
Sold SPRT at $26.90 at 3:20 pm +13%
Bought SPRT at $25.40 at 4:10 pm
If you're selling and rebuying the same stock in a short period, you
also need to learn about the tax implications of 'wash sales'.

2021-09-10 15:11:41 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Friday 9-3 at 1:05 pm
bought ticker ANY at $6.97
Just jumped out of ANY at $6 temporarily
Bought BBIG at $10.33 at 8:05am
Sold BBIG at $11.45 at 11:44 am
BBIG 5 day chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/z3Nc0Rsh/
Should have stayed with ANY
ANY chart Today
https://www.tradingview.com/x/bN4aQe6r/
Just bought SPRT at $23.65 at 7:25 am
20 day chart of SPRT
https://www.tradingview.com/x/kmVtdWMT/
Sold SPRT at $26.90 at 3:20 pm +13%
Bought SPRT at $25.40 at 4:10 pm
If you're selling and rebuying the same stock in a short period, you
also need to learn about the tax implications of 'wash sales'.
Hopefully, he has an honest and competent tax accountant. Who has
briefed him on tax consequences.
Chrysi Cat
2021-09-10 17:41:31 UTC
Post by Paul S Person
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Friday 9-3 at 1:05 pm
bought ticker ANY at $6.97
Just jumped out of ANY at $6 temporarily
Bought BBIG at $10.33 at 8:05am
Sold BBIG at $11.45 at 11:44 am
BBIG 5 day chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/z3Nc0Rsh/
Should have stayed with ANY
ANY chart Today
https://www.tradingview.com/x/bN4aQe6r/
Just bought SPRT at $23.65 at 7:25 am
20 day chart of SPRT
https://www.tradingview.com/x/kmVtdWMT/
Sold SPRT at $26.90 at 3:20 pm +13%
Bought SPRT at $25.40 at 4:10 pm
If you're selling and rebuying the same stock in a short period, you
also need to learn about the tax implications of 'wash sales'.
Hopefully, he has an honest and competent tax accountant. Who has
briefed him on tax consequences.
You know as well as I do that he certainly did _not_ have one before
joining the "destroy Robinhood" clique.

And that he was likely just going to take his receipts to Jackson
Hewitt, or maybe Block if he was willing to spend a little more, rather
than putting a CPA on retainer first.
2021-09-10 23:26:02 UTC
[snip]
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by Paul S Person
Hopefully, he has an honest and competent tax accountant. Who has
briefed him on tax consequences.
You know as well as I do that he certainly did _not_ have one before
joining the "destroy Robinhood" clique.
And that he was likely just going to take his receipts to Jackson
Hewitt, or maybe Block if he was willing to spend a little more, rather
than putting a CPA on retainer first.
--
ObSF: I wonder if Jonathan has read Alfred Bester's
"The Pi Man?"

Not surprisingly for a religious troll "Ron's" premise is flawed.

[quote]

November 20, 2020

What the data says (and doesn’t say) about
crime in the United States

By John Gramlich

Both the FBI and BJS* data show dramatic declines in U.S. violent and
property crime rates since the early 1990s, when crime spiked across
much of the nation.

Using the FBI data, the violent crime rate fell 49% between 1993 and 2019,
with large decreases in the rates of robbery (-68%), murder/non-negligent
manslaughter (-47%) and aggravated assault (-43%). (It’s not possible to
calculate the change in the rape rate during this period because the FBI
revised its definition of the offense in 2013.) Meanwhile, the property crime
rate fell 55%, with big declines in the rates of burglary (-69%), motor vehicle
theft (-64%) and larceny/theft (-49%).

Using the BJS statistics, the declines in the violent and property crime rates
are even steeper than those reported by the FBI. Per BJS, the overall violent
crime rate fell 74% between 1993 and 2019, while the property crime rate fell
71%.

How do Americans perceive crime in their country?

Americans tend to believe crime is up, even when the data shows it is down.

[/quote]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pi_Man

a.a #2310
Kevrob
2021-09-13 00:17:02 UTC
[snip]
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by Paul S Person
Hopefully, he has an honest and competent tax accountant. Who has
briefed him on tax consequences.
You know as well as I do that he certainly did _not_ have one before
joining the "destroy Robinhood" clique.
And that he was likely just going to take his receipts to Jackson
Hewitt, or maybe Block if he was willing to spend a little more, rather
than putting a CPA on retainer first.
--
ObSF: I wonder if Jonathan has read Alfred Bester's
"The Pi Man?"
Oops! This was meant for elsewhere..

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/11/20/facts-about-crime-in-the-u-s/
Jonathan
2021-09-11 15:51:16 UTC
Post by Chrysi Cat
Post by Paul S Person
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
[...]
We live in the best of times, there are no rules anymore.
Stock trading today is the wild-west and the vast
millions of new and mostly small investors have
taken over.

Investors in a highly shorted stock with no resistance above
had better beware of a short-squeeze from the sudden
rush of the small-time investing flock roaming the seas
looking for a quick meal.

And that's the way it should be, what we are witnessing
is nothing less than the prophecy of Christ...

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."

Screw the hedge funds and whales controlling everything
for their well-being. It's our turn.

I am a true-believer, making even a Holy Roller blush
when it comes to stock trading.

Look at this chart from last week, I've done my homework
and I know what I see.

5 day chart of EFTR
https://www.tradingview.com/x/tkb544Gu/

Notice the global pattern is repeated with
little copies of itself along the way.
That's the fractal property which is the
hallmark of a self-organized system.

A system that's taken on a 'life of it's own'
and displays spontaneous emergent patterns.
A system that's the source of evolution
and creation itself, responsible for
all visible order up to and including
the universe itself.

When I look at that stock chart above
I see not just emergent collective behavior
I see the secret to Nature herself.

I see the Face of God in those charts.

And that is a mathematically justified
conclusion.

I'm not making this stuff, complexity mathematics advises
...TO LIVE FOR TODAY.

See below.

PNAS Proceedings of the National Academy
of Sciences.

Self-organized complexity in economics and finance

Abstract

This article discusses some of the similarities between work
being done by economists and by physicists seeking to contribute
to economics. We also mention some of the differences in the
approaches taken and seek to justify these different approaches
by developing the argument that by approaching the same problem
from different points of view, new results might emerge.

In particular, we review two newly discovered scaling results
that appear to be universal, in the sense that they hold
for widely different economies as well as for different
time periods: (i) the fluctuation of price changes of any
stock market is characterized by a probability density
function, which is a simple power law with exponent −4
extending over 102 SDs (a factor of 108 on the y axis);
this result is analogous to the Gutenberg–Richter
power law describing the histogram of earthquakes
of a given strength; and (ii) for a wide range of
economic organizations,....

Some Similarities with Critical Point Phenomena

Stock prices respond to fluctuations in demand, just
as the magnetization of an interacting spin system
responds to fluctuations in the magnetic field.
Periods with large number of market participants
buying the stock imply mainly positive changes in
price, analogous to a magnetic field causing spins
in a magnet to align.

Because big economic shocks affect the economy around
the world (everything depends on everything else), the
possibility of an economic “earthquake” is one that
we must take seriously.
https://www.pnas.org/content/99/suppl_1/2561

Self-organization
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Complex systems organizational map.jpg
Complex systems
Topics
Self-organization
Collective behavior
Networks
Evolution and adaptation
Pattern formation
Systems theory and Cybernetics
Nonlinear dynamics
Game theory

Self-organization, also called (in the social sciences)
spontaneous order, is a process where some form of overall
order arises from local interactions between parts of an
initially disordered system. The process can be spontaneous
when sufficient energy is available, not needing control
by any external agent. It is often triggered by seemingly
random fluctuations, amplified by positive feedback.
The resulting organization is wholly decentralized,
distributed over all the components of the system.

As such, the organization is typically robust and able
to survive or self-repair substantial perturbation.
Chaos theory discusses self-organization in terms
of islands of predictability in a sea of chaotic
unpredictability.

Self-organization occurs in many physical, chemical,
biological, robotic, and cognitive systems.
Examples of self-organization include crystallization,
thermal convection of fluids, chemical oscillation,
animal swarming, neural circuits, and black markets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-organization

THE ROYAL SOCIETY

How self-organization can guide evolution

Jonathan Glancy, James V. Stone and Stuart P. Wilson
Published:01 November 2016https://doi.org/10.1098/rsos.160553

Abstract

Self-organization and natural selection are fundamental forces
that shape the natural world. Substantial progress in understanding
how these forces interact has been made through the study of
abstract models...

1. Introduction

In a self-organizing system, a complex group behaviour
emerges from local interactions between individuals
behaving without plan or instruction....
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsos.160553
Post by Chrysi Cat
And that he was likely just going to take his receipts to Jackson
Hewitt, or maybe Block if he was willing to spend a little more, rather
than putting a CPA on retainer first.
I'll worry about the IRS LATER. Right now theory rules.
Jonathan
2021-09-11 14:33:44 UTC
Post by Paul S Person
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Post by Jonathan
Friday 9-3 at 1:05 pm
bought ticker ANY at $6.97
Just jumped out of ANY at $6 temporarily
Bought BBIG at $10.33 at 8:05am
Sold BBIG at $11.45 at 11:44 am
BBIG 5 day chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/z3Nc0Rsh/
Should have stayed with ANY
ANY chart Today
https://www.tradingview.com/x/bN4aQe6r/
Just bought SPRT at $23.65 at 7:25 am
20 day chart of SPRT
https://www.tradingview.com/x/kmVtdWMT/
Sold SPRT at $26.90 at 3:20 pm +13%
Bought SPRT at $25.40 at 4:10 pm
If you're selling and rebuying the same stock in a short period, you
also need to learn about the tax implications of 'wash sales'.
Hopefully, he has an honest and competent tax accountant. Who has
briefed him on tax consequences.
Speaking of the IRS, I learned my lesson about 5 years ago.
I had been trading for a few years off and on, not making
a dime while learning, losing money each year.

So I assumed since I lost money didn't have any taxes
to pay. So I didn't report the transactions.

WRONG!

I got this big fat letter from the IRS and it said
and I quote..."You owe us $1.2 million dollars and
we are going to immediately garnish 80% of your pay".

80%? That would leave me with about NOTHING.

Talk about an 'Oh Crap' moment.

Turned out even if you lose money you have to
report each transaction otherwise they assume
each buy and sell is taxable.

So if I buy $10 grand of some stock, then sell it
the next day that chimes in as $20 grand of taxable
income. Times 60 trades that's $1.2 million.
They do that just to force reporting.

I called one of those tax agencies that specialize
in defending you from the IRS and they wanted a
$12 grand fee. nope to that. Instead I made an
appointment with the IRS and went in there to
beg for mercy.

This kindly old IRS lady wrapped in a knitted shawl
told me to refile all my tax returns for the last
10 years with the trades this time, and she provided me
with all the W2's since I no longer had them.
And then she'd figure out how much I really owe.

Turned out I only owed a couple of grand, but with
interest and penalties that turned into $6500.
And they have a payment plan to pay it off
over ten years if you want long. So I could
chose how much to pay each month and pay
it off easily.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good
I always say~
Jonathan
2021-09-13 12:27:30 UTC
I have 3 breakout patterns to choose from this morning.

The one I bought Friday late at $2.72 ENDP

5 day chat of ENDP
https://www.tradingview.com/x/rTYCcOfH/

And these two gems that showed up
this morning, both are Uranium stocks