XanaNews Statistic for rec.arts.sf.written. 6/1/2020 1:09:29 AM
The Doctor
2020-06-01 07:09:32 UTC
XanaNews Statistic for rec.arts.sf.written. 6/1/2020 1:09:29 AM

From article 1217357 (5/1/2020 8:39:13 AM) to article 1220469
(5/31/2020 11:31:04 PM)

Number of threads ................... 169
Number of articles .................. 3120
Average articles per thread ......... 18.46
Number of unanswered posts .......... 57
Number of posts from XanaNews users .. 0

Top Threads

Ranking Articles Subject
------- -------- ----------------------------------
1 939 OT: "Woodstock Occurred in the Middle of a Pandemic"
2 512 [OT] Right Out of Science Fiction
3 162 [OT] Global Warming Will Bring Balance to the Earth
4 127 xkcd: x
5 68 Arlo and Janis: Landlords and defaulting tenants
6 67 [tor dot com] Classic SF With Absolutely No Agenda
Whatsoever...
7 66 [tor dot com] Five Truly Inhospitable Fictional
Planets
8 60 Long Term COVID-19 Policy
9 57 Oh, Texas...
10 56 The Secret Council To Open The USA.
11 46 If not Gretchen Whitmer, then who?
12 45 [Illimitable Dominion] The Andromeda Strain by
Michael Chrichton
13 42 _Lord of Light_ by Roger Zelazny
14 35 A Girl and Her Fed: The Presidential Negotiating
Room of 2030
15 34 For ANY Science Fiction fan
16 30 Childhood's End disclaimer
17 30 OK, I don't understand this, but it sounds cool:
rotating detonation rockets
18 29 Dilbert: under the mask
19 27 Re: In Spaaaaace!
20 26 "36 Best Fantasy Books for Kids" by Dan Livingston
21 22 [tor dot com] Five SF Stories That Mix Swords and
Starships
22 22 Uncle Hugo's (1974-2020), Minneapolis s-f book
burned down in riots
23 20 Dilbert: No Interruptions at Home
24 19 reviving a 2018 meme!
25 18 Dilbert: CEO does math
26 15 Brett Battles Project Eden Series
27 15 Her Lone Wolf By Paige Tyler
28 14 Re: A headline for us.
29 13 Re: 198 Famine's Feast (The Templar Book 4) by Debra
Dunbar
30 13 Niven's Organleggers
31 13 2020 Nebula Winners
32 13 RI April 2020
33 12 Re: Places in SF/Fantasy you don't want to visit...
34 12 Rocket to the Morgue.
35 11 BC: The Flat Earth Society
36 11 Freefall: Florence is checking the spaceship for
micro collision damage
37 11 Dilbert: Upgrading a Server
38 11 "7 Best Terraforming Books" by Dan Livingston
39 11 [tor] Four SF Stories That Are More Gilligan's
Island Than Lord of the Flies
40 11 Now, that's just rude!
41 10 Re: The Terminator 3: Armageddon FAQ
42 9 Battle for the Stars. Edmond Hamilton
43 9 Dilbert: Alice borrows stapler
44 9 _Solar Express_ by L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
45 9 "SpaceX's Crew Dragon has a new space toilet for
astronauts. But how does it work?"
46 8 "16 Best Fae and Fairy Books" by Dan Livingston
47 8 Simon & Schuster To Be Sold
48 8 [wfc] Race to the Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse
49 8 Academic view of urban fantasy
50 8 Over The Hedge: Murder Hornet Arrives
51 7 Re: Martian Time-Slip
52 7 "Summer 2020 Science Fiction Reading List" by Dan
Livingston
53 7 [OT] Sad News from Australia
54 7 Re: The Architects of FEAR with thie own Manhattan
Project ver. 2
55 6 When does a detective story with supernatural
elements become fantasy?
56 6 Swan Eaters: Nazis in the camp !
57 6 Can do pure paradox
58 6 COVID-19 Detection in Sewage
59 6 Question on 1969 episode from "The Trigan Empire."
60 5 Re: Girl Genius 2011-7-22
61 5 "23 Best Fantasy Mystery Books" by Dan Livingston
62 5 Jay Williams' 100th anniversary ("Danny Dunn" series)
63 5 Wizard of Id: sleeping with a dragon
64 5 Re: 200 Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels) by Ilona Andrews
65 5 [wfc] Inhalations by S. Qiouyi Lu
66 5 O.T. RIP Little Richard, 87
67 5 Re: [tor dot com] Five Stories Featuring Vast Beings
From the Darkest Depths of Space
68 5 "SpaceX loses another Starship prototype in massive
explosion"
69 5 “SpaceX Crew Dragon docks with International Space
Station”
70 5 Hagar The Horrible: life sucks for Helga
71 4 Re: 202 Black Magic Sanction (Rachel Morgan, Book 8)
by Kim Harrison
72 4 [OT] Donald Trump has something else to be upset
with China about
73 4 "Try to dock with the International Space Station
with this SpaceX Crew Dragon simulator"
74 4 xkcd: Confidence Interval
75 4 "13 Best Science Fantasy Books" by Dan Livingston
76 4 [Because My Tears Are Delicious To You]
77 4 Snippeting a new book now!
78 4 Freefall: romcoms are deadly assassination plots
79 3 "Starship SN4 Breaks “The Cryo Test Barrier”"
80 3 There's new xkcd up.
81 3 Re: Physicists: Spacetime Doesn't Exist, Ripples in
Spacetime Do
82 3 Re: "25 Best Science Fiction Book Movie Adaptations"
by Dan Livingston
83 3 Re: [tor dot com] Far From Any Star: Five Stories
About Rogue Worlds
84 3 xkcd: error types
85 3 Trying to remember old sf story
86 3 Swan Eaters: Medusa Stone vs. Soothsayer Stone
87 3 OT: COVID-19: Remember: this is interpolation...
88 3 I'm Bored. Copyright Question.
89 3 [tor dot com] Five Revenge Tales Featuring
Treacherous Bosses and Evil Overlords
90 3 [review] The Year's Best Science Fiction: First
Annual Collection (The Year's Best Science Fiction, book 1) by Gardner
Dozois
91 3 'Murder Hornets' are in the United States.
92 3 xkcd: Mount St. Helens
93 3 First person narration in Urban fantasy/paranormal
romance
94 3 Kiss of Steel
95 3 [Because My Tears Are Delicious To You] Convergent
Series by Larry Niven
96 3 Re: Sort of off-topic: the change in spam
97 3 Richard Adams' 100th anniversary, May 9th
("Watership Down")
98 2 Intelligent Life On Other Planets? The Odds Say It’s
A Good Bet
99 2 [rerun] In honour of May 1, Traveller's birthday
100 2 "Hubble Still Scanning Space After 30 Years"
101 2 Re: Stein's Cosmology
102 2 [tor dot com] Put a Ring On It: Potential Planetary
Ring Systems and Where to Find Them
103 2 Over The Hedge: mowing the back yard
104 2 Re: 190 The Huge Hunter: The Steam Man of the
Prairies by Edward Sylvester Ellis
105 2 Re: [Because My Tears Are Delicious To You] The End
of Eternity by Isaac Asimov
106 2 Re: 068 Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian) by Diana
Rowland
107 2 [Because My Tears Are Delicious To You] A Shadow of
All Night Falling (A Cruel Wind, book 1) by Glen Cook
108 2 Excerpt from "Shooting Iron" by Cassandra Khaw and
Jonathon Howard.
109 2 [translation] Guardian of the Darkness (Moribito,
book 2) by Nahoko Uehashi
110 2 Perry Rhodan Review: Nr. 27 Im Banne des Hypno / #20
The Thrall of Hypno
111 2 OT - Yo Ryk Spoor - did you see this?
112 2 New books - Imp Series and Murderbot novel

Top Posters

Ranking Articles Name Most Used Newsreader
------- -------- -------------------------- --------------------
1 242 J. Clarke ForteAgent
2 239 Lynn McGuire Mozilla
3 236 Paul S Person ForteAgent
4 203 Dorothy J Heydt trn
5 195 Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisa Xnews
6 187 Quadibloc G2
7 165 Alan Baker Mozilla
8 138 Robert Carnegie G2
9 123 ***@gmail.com G2
10 112 ***@gmail.com G2
11 94 Kevrob G2
12 92 Ninapenda Jibini Xnews
13 82 Peter Trei G2
14 74 Titus G Mozilla
15 58 Thomas Koenig slrn
16 57 James Nicoll trn
17 51 ***@loft.tnolan.com (Ted N trn
18 49 David Johnston Mozilla
19 48 Major Oz G2
20 41 Chrysi Cat Mozilla
21 40 Gary R. Schmidt Mozilla
22 40 Dimensional Traveler Mozilla
23 39 Lawrence Watt-Evans Forte Agent
24 33 D B Davis
25 32 Scott Lurndal xrn
26 25 William Hyde G2
27 24 ***@sky.com G2
28 23 Jaimie Vandenbergh Usenapp
29 20 Chris Buckley slrn
30 20 Robert Woodward MT-NewsWatcher
31 19 Wolffan Hogwasher
32 19 Jack Bohn G2
33 18 Magewolf Mozilla
34 16 The Starmaker Mozilla
35 16 Carl Fink slrn
36 15 Default User G2
37 15 Moriarty G2
38 14 Charles Packer Pan
39 13 David Goldfarb trn
40 12 danny burstein nn
41 11 Ross Presser G2
42 11 Mike Van Pelt trn
43 10 ***@yahoo.com G2
44 8 ***@hotmail.com G2
45 8 Jerry Brown ForteAgent
46 8 Mark Jackson Mozilla
47 7 ***@gmail.com G2
48 6 Juho Julkunen MicroPlanet-Gravity
49 6 Amicus Brevis G2
50 6 ***@msn.com G2
51 5 Jay E. Morris Mozilla
52 5 a425couple Mozilla
53 5 Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor) Mozilla
54 5 Tony Fritz G2
55 4 David Duffy tin
56 4 Johnny1A G2
57 3 ***@panix.com
58 3 P. Taine ForteAgent
59 3 John W Kennedy Mozilla
60 3 Joy Beeson Forte Agent
61 3 Sjouke Burry Mozilla
62 3 ***@yahoo.com G2
63 3 ***@dontspam.silent.com ForteAgent
64 2 John Halpenny G2
65 2 Torbjorn Lindgren trn
66 2 -dsr- slrn
67 2 ***@eq.edu.au G2
68 2 Steve Coltrin Gnus
69 2 Christian Weisgerber slrn
70 2 Mopoleum Xnews
71 2 BeamMeUpScotty Mozilla
72 2 ***@texas.net G2
73 2 Freezer Xnews
74 2 ***@yahoo.com G2
75 2 Ahasuerus G2
76 1 ket ket G2
77 1 Dan Swartzendruber MicroPlanet-Gravity
78 1 Ab Affiliate program G2
79 1 Expendable Mudge G2
80 1 ***@gmail.com G2
81 1 Anderson Marcus G2
82 1 Joe Pfeiffer Gnus
83 1 BCFD36 Mozilla
84 1 Jim Hetley G2
85 1 Dan Tilque Mozilla
86 1 joel G2
87 1 marcus loc G2
88 1 ***@gmail.com G2
89 1 Keith Stein Mozilla
90 1 Michael Ikeda Xnews
91 1 ***@gmail.com G2
92 1 Julie Broe G2
93 1 Mark Mandel G2
94 1 anderson chris G2

Top Newsreaders

Ranking Articles Newsreader Users
------- -------- -------------------------------------------- -----
1 965 G2 39
2 714 Mozilla 19
3 492 ForteAgent 5
4 336 trn 6
5 294 Xnews 6
6 98 slrn 5
7 42 Forte Agent 2
8 37 <unknown> 3
9 32 xrn 1
10 23 Usenapp 1
11 20 MT-NewsWatcher 1
12 19 Hogwasher 1
13 14 Pan 1
14 12 nn 1
15 7 MicroPlanet-Gravity 2
16 4 tin 1
17 3 Gnus 2
https://www.avg.com
Jaimie Vandenbergh
2020-06-01 12:48:04 UTC
Post by The Doctor
Top Newsreaders
Ranking Articles Newsreader Users
------- -------- -------------------------------------------- -----
1 965 G2 39
Well that's horrifying.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"What we have done with PCs so far is not natural" - Craig Mundie, CTO
Microsoft
Thomas Koenig
2020-06-01 12:50:29 UTC
What does "G2" mean?
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2020-06-01 12:53:01 UTC
Post by Jaimie Vandenbergh
Post by The Doctor
Top Newsreaders
Ranking Articles Newsreader Users
------- -------- -------------------------------------------- -----
1 965 G2 39
Well that's horrifying.
Cheers - Jaimie
G2? Google Groups?
Thomas Koenig
2020-06-01 13:03:56 UTC
Well that's horrifying.
The Doctor
2020-06-02 00:23:36 UTC
Post by Jaimie Vandenbergh
Post by The Doctor
Top Newsreaders
Ranking Articles Newsreader Users
------- -------- -------------------------------------------- -----
1 965 G2 39
Well that's horrifying.
Cheers - Jaimie
G2? Google Groups?
Yes.
Drive thy business or it will drive thee. -Benjamin Franklin
Default User
2020-06-02 05:41:39 UTC
Post by Jaimie Vandenbergh
Post by The Doctor
Top Newsreaders
Ranking Articles Newsreader Users
------- -------- -------------------------------------------- -----
1 965 G2 39
Well that's horrifying.
Eh. I have a newsreader (XanaNews to be exact) and all, but I just don't read usenet much anymore. So it's easy to click on the link from GG to check out RASWF. Also, if you're using a mobile device there are few if any newsreaders for those.

Brian
Jaimie Vandenbergh
2020-06-02 09:00:51 UTC
Post by Default User
Post by Jaimie Vandenbergh
Post by The Doctor
Top Newsreaders
Ranking Articles Newsreader Users
------- -------- -------------------------------------------- -----
1 965 G2 39
Well that's horrifying.
Eh. I have a newsreader (XanaNews to be exact) and all, but I just don't read usenet much anymore. So it's easy to click on the link from GG to check out RASWF. Also, if you're using a mobile device there are few if any newsreaders for those.
Yes. Those things are exactly what's horrifying. It's unfortunate that G2 is
such a shabby usenet citizen, but the lack of popular clients is a problem.

NewsTap is very acceptable though not wonderful on iOS/iPadOS. I don't know
about apps for Android.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening.
- Alexander Woollcott
2020-06-03 01:36:50 UTC
On 2 Jun 2020 at 06:41:39 BST, "Default User"
Post by Default User
Eh. I have a newsreader (XanaNews to be exact) and all, but I just
don't read usenet much anymore. So it's easy to click on the link
from GG to check out RASWF. Also, if you're using a mobile device
there are few if any newsreaders for those.
Yes. Those things are exactly what's horrifying. It's unfortunate
that G2 is such a shabby usenet citizen, but the lack of popular
clients is a problem.
Here, a reply from XanaNews. Perhaps that will help.

Brian
defaultuserbr
2020-06-03 07:53:19 UTC
Post by Default User
Here, a reply from XanaNews. Perhaps that will help.
Trying out newstap.

Brian